Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 101

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 188168 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #585 on: September 10, 2019, 06:43:09 am »

I'm approaching the end of Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition: The Planescapening.

Playing the original game on Windows 10 wasn't a very fun experience; if you've played Fallout without patches, or experienced the Starcraft color glitch, you know what I mean. But Enhanced Edition unfortunately seems to have its own problems, mostly relating to cutscenes and scripted events. There's one scene I died in the middle of despite not being present, and one that seems like it's about to softlock the game every time it happens.

Despite these problems, PS:T is a very strong contender for my favorite RPG of all time. There's not been a single moment that I haven't enjoyed, and I can count the games that fit that criteria on one hand. The only weak point is that it gets a lot shorter and easier all at once with no drop-off; it seems like I'm at the endgame or very close, when just an hour ago I thought I was at the 1/3 mark.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Ltwhiskers

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I am the liquor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 10, 2019, 07:45:42 am »

Just picked up men of war after finally giving up on combat mission overlord. Love the game but the ui and lack of widescreen finally drove me crazy. Men of war seems like a very nice change of pace. Also, dominions 4 and warhammer total war for all the other time I don't have.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 10, 2019, 12:59:34 pm »

Tried Endless Legend for the free weekend.

Thoroughly enjoyed it more than I thought i would. Will probably pick it up on sale this week.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 10, 2019, 02:47:12 pm »

Dominions 4, and in this game of magic warfare and superpowered holy units, it's seems I'm more suited to field vast armies of tough warriors backed up by my Pretender God and maybe one, two mage-commanders at best.

Still, EA Ernor and MA Ulm are best uwu
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 10, 2019, 06:21:19 pm »

Sierra 7 had a mobile version of it made a while back (just look up "Sierra 7" on either the app store or google play). While still in Early Access, it's also still a fairly good game - a free one, too. If you've played the original flash game, you know what to expect - on-rails shooting with some nice-looking guns.

A few things to take note of:
* If you've played Lonewolf (also by SHD Games), you're likely familiar with the payment model this game has - free players have limited access to weapons and gear, and are also restricted by an energy system. This can be removed by purchasing premium for $4.99, which will also remove ads and give the player eight thousand credits to spend acquiring the newly expanded selection.
* Taking cover, first introduced in the final mission of the flash game, now pops up much more - it's an important way to defend yourself when you're being fired at by multiple opponents.
* Enemies have now evolved considerably from the stickmen from the flash game. These enemies include hostage takers, armored enemies, shielded enemies, and grenadiers (not to mention a few foes I probably haven't run into yet).
* Weapons now work on a "mastery" system - after achieving a certain number of kills, headshots, and hits, guns can be upgraded for improved stats.
* Gear is now a feature! Each piece of gear can influence things like the amount of ammo you'll have available on a mission, how much armor you have, and your "fear rating" (enemies have a chance to be intimidated and not shoot you).
* There is now an actual storyline - Operator 7 returns after a long absence to help take out a militia.
* Medium difficulty can be rather hard if you're not used to twin-stick controls on a mobile device, so don't be discouraged if you die a lot.

All in all, I'd say this is effectively the flash game but made better in several ways.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 10, 2019, 11:58:22 pm »

So I'm really enjoying Blasphemous.

A 2d Dark Souls-inspired Metroidvania is more or less accurate. If you've played Unworthy, Salt & Sanctuary, Dead Cells, Death's Gambit, Bloodstained Ritual of the Night.....you've perhaps gotten more than enough of either Dark Souls-inspired and/or Metroidvania's of late.

That said, I think Blasphemous is easily one of the better ones. All these games have a style and that's cool, but I feel like Blasphemous embraces its own ideas to the hilt. The entire game is like one of those apocalyptic religious pieces of art. It's a Spanish game, and I don't know what it is with the Spanish but when it comes to that intersection of art and religion, they seem to be able to go to some weird, extreme places. Blasphemous borrows crazy heavily from the Catholic art tradition in its look and style, its story, its characters, its UI, how things like the character system are conceptualized.....from top to bottom the whole game is saturated with religiosity. A whole world completely focused on religion, it seems, like some kind of crazy 40k novel. A religious world that just had its Rapture and no one is quite sure what to make of it.

It owns its style completely, from the menu screens to the Dark Souls YOU DIED and VICTORY texts that come up. It's got a lot of lore to share although it all is rather cryptic and the way it plays with religious ideas and concepts and terms can leave you a little mystified as to what it is being said. Where Dark Souls was cryptic but rather simple in its ideas, there's a lot of overwrought religious language used in Blasphemous that makes it hard to separate what's a specific Thing versus an Idea. Maybe it's a translation thing, maybe it's the kind of thing you need to actually understand the game world to understand most of the references being made to you, ala Dark Souls. Maybe it's just that whacked out of a game.

Visually it's dank as fuck, and I'm enjoying the look of most areas a lot. I don't know how much meat is on its bones but I think I'm already enjoying it more than I enjoyed Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. This has the kind of attention to detail and world building that I felt like BS:RotN was pretty lacking in. I don't know if it's "Dark Souls" hard, but it is pretty challenging, is not shy about one-hit kill mechanics and traps, or laying out enemies and areas in a way to really test you. I've beaten one of the first three big bosses without a ton of trouble, wiped a couple times in a row on a particularly vicious part. Other than that though, it seems on par for difficulty for most 2d action platformers.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:12:11 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 11, 2019, 11:28:27 am »

Yo, I have been waiting for Blasphemous FOR EVER. I'm so excited its finally out, I'm picking that binch up later today!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 11, 2019, 02:09:57 pm »

I seriously can't wait to get back to it. It's not even necessarily the gameplay. It's just the sheer spectacle of it all.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 13, 2019, 10:19:43 am »

AC Odyssey. About 80 hours in. ><

For the record, I've played into the end game with Black Flag, the first half of Syndicate, and two thirds of Origins. I'd always get bored and quit. Still kept coming back trying titles when they were on sale. I enjoy the detailed worlds, the climbing, the light stealth. Origin felt like a step in the right direction, but still far too easy even on Nightmare mode.

So far, loving Odyssey. First AC game I actually want to finish (although I hear the ending is a bit shit.) Still don't like the way that leveling and equipment are handled. Everything is clearly set up to help push people towards in-game purchases, meaning you can never entirely get away from the feeling that you're playing a very pretty mobile game. Buuut, the writing is definitely solid compared with Origins. The combat is tighter. There's always something to do and see, and not just... "help help, go attack bandit camp No. 4125). Everything feels pretty balanced. Now, if you could just get this level of fidelity of world size / prettyness and make it an actual RPG....
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 13, 2019, 10:47:56 am »

I have this crippling deficiency when it comes to AC games where I can't skip them. Took me a good long time to finish Revelations, and even longer to finish AC3.

Hoping that the goodness of Black Flag means it doesn't take me 10 years to finish due to stopping halfway through from boredom.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 13, 2019, 01:15:46 pm »

Hoping that the goodness of Black Flag means it doesn't take me 10 years to finish due to stopping halfway through from boredom.

The problem with AC 4, is that when the boat stuff gets going, you'll wish it were a different game with different objectives.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 13, 2019, 07:54:25 pm »

WoW and Blasphemous.  I don't have as much patience for the Dark Souls style of respawning as I used to, but the atmosphere and the world are keeping me into it.  It's like somebody listened to Paracletus over and over and decided to make a video game.

WoW is obviously good of course, classic at least.  I'm level 33 on my rogue and I've moved on to grinding.  Grinding levels is really fast for a combat rogue thanks to all your cooldowns and no mana, and classic doesn't require you to actually train enchanting to DE high level items so you can park a level 5 mule in orgrimmar and just mail all your shit to it, make insane gold.  Economy is still unstable without enough high level players for any serious liquidity, add onto that everyone knows how to make money now unlike the real vanilla, and it's pretty tough to make money.  On Nostalrius though, which was more mature, I was able to buy my mount at 40 and twink myself out with a pile of BoE blues.
Shoes...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 13, 2019, 10:55:32 pm »

I just finished playing The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct and quite frankly I don't get why people hate it some much, I mean it wasn't the best game ever but it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, my only complaint is that it wasn't very long and that the things you unlock after beating the game can only have one active at a time making most of them seem useless. Like why would you want extended mags in your guns that just attract zombies, when you could get suppressed guns from the start and not have to worry about attracting the zombies.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 13, 2019, 11:07:57 pm »

WoW classic and BFA. I like both for different reasons. To me, BFA is a semi-action MMO that is tab based, and its pretty relaxing (though not as much as classic). It has a lot of issues though, but I still enjoy it. Maybe its because I know WoW and played it so long that I'm comfortable with it. Classic is new and so I'll see how it goes, I played at release of WoW so I kinda know what to expect. It has a LOT of features I wish BFA does, though its vastly more an RPG than BFA to me. I like you can level up skills (dagger/wands/swords etc), trainers have an actual purpose and compared to BFA, has a lot of other rpg aspects. Plus it is a lot slower paced, which is even more relaxing for me than BFA is which is far more fast paced.

Also playing tibia. Yeah that 2d MMO that is pretty old and rather basic graphics (I like how the art looks though). Its actually pretty good so far for a grinding very slow paced (though much faster than tibia used to be) gameplay. Though tbh dunno if I'll continue playing past the month sub is up and it isn't really playable as a free user (at least for me it isn't playable, too many limits)

Playing Star Wars battlefront 2 as well, probably my most played game this week. I have EA premiere thing, and its included. I enjoy it a lot, though can get frustrating if "pros" are active. Most of the time I get in and can actually get kills in and both teams are about equal...and then sometimes its apparent that the people playing way outclass my play skill level lol.

Got underrail, haven't got far but that is on my current playlist...not much more to say without more experience with it. It isn't my most played game this week, and it takes (for me) the right mindset to want to play it, but it looks really good gameplay wise just its such a massive game and I mostly want to play a game (right now that is) I can hop in and do stuff then hop out

Also imperator rome. Its my most played game in past couple months, at 367 hours played since I got it (back in july). Though I haven't played much this week, got other games going on.

Sims 4/Need for Speed Payback/Distance are all games I'm sorta playing too, but kinda barely any time put into them past couple weeks. Distance is a ton of fun though and has so many player made tracks on the workshop, which some are really good. And sims 4 I just get the basic edition with premiere, and the dlc adds up to be so much that its too daunting for my cobweb filled wallet so probably gonna uninstall it.

So quite a lot of games

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 13, 2019, 11:10:59 pm »

Alternating between playing with that Ti 99/A4 I picked off ebay, and playing Stalker Anomaly.

I need to get a better video cable for the former though. The RF modulator I got with the system is... Snowy.  Real snowy.

There was a useful cassette presetter/indexer posted at the AtariAge forum that I got working, so getting programs loaded on a base system has gotten a little easier. (which is why I have been playing with it more.)
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 101