Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 101

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 187940 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2018, 11:07:22 am »

I have a problem in that game, I angered the legion and the assassins are stronger than anything else I've faced, mostly because they have some kind of magic armor that makes them immune to ALL OF MY WEAPONS!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2018, 11:26:59 am »

I have a problem in that game, I angered the legion and the assassins are stronger than anything else I've faced, mostly because they have some kind of magic armor that makes them immune to ALL OF MY WEAPONS!
If you're playing vanilla, you may have run into the teeeeensy issue where the Legion sends hysterically out-of-depth assassins after you depending on your character level and the level of their disgruntlement. Buglivion + Bugthesda strike again.

Bumping into a couple centurions with thermic lances right after Nipton is a fine way to start the game off, I'd say.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2018, 11:29:19 am »

Currently bouncing between Vermintide II and Phantom Doctrine.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2018, 02:16:55 pm »

I rarely mod games, but this is one thing I did mod the last few times I played, by finding a mod that fixed the equipment lists.  Supposedly some things are reversed such that they start out super hilariously overpowered and get weaker as you get stronger.

Even with the bugfix it can be complete BS.  I don't know how they make football uniforms bulletproof, but I did at least find that grenades are very useful at all levels for getting rid of them.  I used to keep like 20 on me at all times specifically for this reason.  Mines are good too.

Incidentally, mines were also a fun way to get rid of Caesar.  I dumped about 20 outside of his tent, went inside, drew his ire, and ran back out.  He and all of his goons were promptly launched to the moon.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2018, 02:19:31 pm »

Buglivion + Bugthesda strike again.

Mods.

Both mods to fix the issue of super-powerful assasins, and mods to, well, make you super-powerful (namely, I picked one that lets me have all the companions I want).
Was just about to post this. I think Oxhorn's got a pretty good set of mods you should consider, but if you just google something like "Fallout New Vegas Recommended Mods" you should be able to find links to mods like Yukichigai's Unofficial Patch, or Project Mojave - both intended to fix bugs and balancing issues the game has.

How's Phantom Doctrine? I read in some Polygon (I think) article about how obtuse, unfair, and unforgiving it can be all at once (Hardly the best set of traits for a game to have since it's not the fun variants of those things the way DF is), but since it's Polygon, I'm not 100% sure if their concerns are valid.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2018, 02:36:57 pm »

I meant to say Obsidibug, not Buglivion. I apologize for this mistake.

How's Phantom Doctrine? I read in some Polygon (I think) article about how obtuse, unfair, and unforgiving it can be all at once (Hardly the best set of traits for a game to have since it's not the fun variants of those things the way DF is), but since it's Polygon, I'm not 100% sure if their concerns are valid.

Sounds like that Polygon was...

*Sunglasses equipped, +1 PER*

...rendered unto Caesar.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2018, 02:42:50 pm »

[Intelligence 6/?] I... I'm afraid I don't follow you.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2018, 06:03:06 pm »

Currently playing no man sky, having fun hunting for better frigates and making money. Less fun fighting bugs and stuff, like deleting my base only to realise i havent been credited anything back for relocation...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2018, 06:23:26 pm »

It's, y'know... It's a polygon, like the building block of 3D modeling, which then gets rendered to form an image? But they're talking about the game being spiky, which means they were probably getting their profligate asses conquered by some legionnaires to the point where one might say they were getting rendered unto Caesar, like how that dude Jesus was talking about.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 26, 2018, 08:02:02 pm »

Playing From the Depths. Spent a good deal of time designing an airship. Something different from the water ships that I've been doing. Haven't started with any of the internals except helium pumps, and the main structure is only around 80%-90% done. Cost is already over 30k materials, and the ship is mostly wood. Despite lacking any controls, propulsion, or even active lift, it is capable of floating at 275m. Apparently that's the limit for helium pumps. It does need weight balancing though.

Oh, and the next update for FtD should be dropping tomorrow. That's nice.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2018, 02:00:54 pm »

It's, y'know... It's a polygon, like the building block of 3D modeling, which then gets rendered to form an image? But they're talking about the game being spiky, which means they were probably getting their profligate asses conquered by some legionnaires to the point where one might say they were getting rendered unto Caesar, like how that dude Jesus was talking about.

I   C A N   S E E   T H E   H E G E L I A N   D I A L E C T I C S
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2018, 04:35:07 pm »

Spending lots of time playing Ark whatsitsname evolved (small unofficial server), Graveyard Keeper (got stuck with an unwinnable bug), Bard's Tale Trilogy, some Rimworld (latest beta which was supposed not to come out until 1.0). I'm about to start playing Dragon Wars (GOG emulated version).

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2018, 08:24:55 am »

Donut County- Because I always wanted to collect things using a giant hole in the ground
Probably Two-point hospital when it comes out tomorrow
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2018, 08:29:31 am »

Nominally SCUM. Bought it last night because it released and my gaming group already has a server set up. Launched the game, twiddled with options, baby started crying, shut off game, did baby stuff, went to sleep.

Such is the life of a parent.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2018, 08:51:44 am »

Nominally SCUM. Bought it last night because it released and my gaming group already has a server set up. Launched the game, twiddled with options, baby started crying, shut off game, did baby stuff, went to sleep.

Such is the life of a parent.
SCUMM, you say?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 101