Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 101

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 188428 times)

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1200 on: May 04, 2021, 06:14:26 pm »

I started another playthrough of Victoria 2. There is just something satisfying about increasing number of intellectuals(basically teachers) from 3.6% to 4% to reach and outstanding increase of 0.1% in literacy per month!  And it only costs me half my national budget  ;D

And also sending thousands of farmers for a quick war just cause I kinda decided to disband half my army before marching straight into china, as I though they were draining too much of my budget. Stuff happens ::)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 04, 2021, 06:20:20 pm »

Been playing Conan Exiles.

By all rights, I should have stopped playing weeks ago. Gotten the gist of it in single player.

But now I'm committed to bashing over the head and kidnapping every Legendary NPC out there, and building my "Water Palace" and all its sundry wings for stuff that has no real impact on gameplay at all.

There is just something so compelling about it to me. The environment. The climbing around. The build (mostly) anywhere thing. The nudity (*cough*). It's like playing early gen Terraria. Yeah there's content out there yet to see, gear to grind, yadda yadda...but instead I spend 90% of my time building stuff simply because it makes me happy.

Conan Exiles came out 7 years after Terraria XD.

Also that's basically what I do in it. Build fancy things for fun.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 27, 2021, 09:42:15 pm »

Just bought Secret Government. Love the concept and the complexity, but holy shit are there typos and wrong numbers everywhere. They ended early access but the game is clearly unfinished.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 27, 2021, 10:11:52 pm »

Been playing Conan Exiles.

By all rights, I should have stopped playing weeks ago. Gotten the gist of it in single player.

But now I'm committed to bashing over the head and kidnapping every Legendary NPC out there, and building my "Water Palace" and all its sundry wings for stuff that has no real impact on gameplay at all.

There is just something so compelling about it to me. The environment. The climbing around. The build (mostly) anywhere thing. The nudity (*cough*). It's like playing early gen Terraria. Yeah there's content out there yet to see, gear to grind, yadda yadda...but instead I spend 90% of my time building stuff simply because it makes me happy.

Conan Exiles came out 7 years after Terraria XD.

Also that's basically what I do in it. Build fancy things for fun.

It really is special--I just wish there was slightly more life to single player... then I might put in a few hundred hours to say the least.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: May 27, 2021, 11:27:08 pm »

Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne. HD Remaster.

Really overpriced for all the DLCs considering it's a port of a PS2 game, and has DeNuvo, but I'm really enjoying it none the less. JRPG 4 party member kinda game where all your party members are made up of demons you fight during the game. Really liked this game but it was so punishingly grindy back in the day if you want to make the most out of it. But with the Remaster DLCs, they added two areas that let you easily grind cash and XP to your heart's content. (And they made it so you can pick skills during fusion if you want rather than have it be random.) Not quite sure how I feel about the money/xp farming. Half the time I think it's great, the other half of the time I feel like it's made the game way too easy when it comes to the actual story. But there is no real other economic way to make a truly BA demon. I don't plan on putting 1000 hours into this.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 17, 2021, 11:58:13 am »

I just discovered the Disgaea 6 demo on my Switch.
Even though full release is still 2 weeks away, I'm already busy grinding out thousands of levels.
This time around they've added some tools to facilitate the grind, including auto-battle. There is a fairly deep AI-programmer that allows each unit to be heavily customized. I'm sure some people will dislike this change to the series norms...but I've always appreciated Disgaea more for the strategizing and less for the actual grind, so this is right up my alley. Now I can spend a few hours carefully setting all my pieces into place, and then sit back and watch some TV or play with my phone while the game grinds itself for a while, until I'm ready to come back and invest all those points I've accumulated and use all the new options I've unlocked to meticulously reevaluate all of my previous strategies, and repeat until I'm reasonably satisfied with the absurdly large numbers flying across my screen.

This one is gonna be the greatest yet!
Though I do miss my nekos.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 20, 2021, 08:34:18 pm »

Discovered 'Infinitode 2' on Steam for 2 or 3 euros. Good fun so far.

Tower defense, recource grind, with idle game elements (prestige reset).

It used to be a mobile game, but it saw lots of updates that removed much if not all of the mobile feel.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 21, 2021, 06:13:01 am »

Wildermyth, an RPGish with short XCOM style battles where you your adventurers eventually grow old and retire, if they make it that far, to be replaced by younger ones, maybe even their children.

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 21, 2021, 09:56:20 am »

Got UFO nostalgia, and decided to replay UFO: aftershock. Found some mod on steam, and trying that one out. There is a ton of new weapons and all, but so far I am still using mostly the starting alien laser  ??? But I do have rather good sniper rifle and a deadly cyborg dual wielding special SMGs that  smash everything that gets close. Except for those few armored enemies he cannot even scratch  ::)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 21, 2021, 07:19:59 pm »

playing a new save on Elite Dangerous Odyssey.

same game but the ground war side is pretty cool, as is exploring planetary settlements.

i read some posts complaining about the cookie cutter-ness of this but think about it: they had to generate it for almost every planetary system in the game, alongside missions for them.

it helps that i had an interesting experience where i was asked to use a maverick suit (for it's cutter) to salvage a core sample from an abandoned mining settlement the next system over. so i hopped into my sidewinder and flew over. as i came upon the planet i got a conflict zone warning from the planet but it was a ways away so i didnt care, and went on my merry way to the settlement. i approached very carefully but it was dead empty, almost like a prescripted scene from a different game; fires and dead bodies everywhere, power down, and a lot of the loot containers were open and empty. as i got to work scavenging what was left, i ferried at least 3 pockets worth of leftovers to my ship and upon going back for the objective, pirates landed down outside and were waiting for me. after a tense fight (i spent my beginner cash on the suit and couldn't afford a better gun), i scanned the pirates for their bounties. on my way out i decided to fly over to the on going battle. on a whim i joined the rebelling faction of the local government, and fought my way to victory using grenades cuz i still only had my pistol. i had randomly made 300k credits worth of bonds from the fight.

long story short, i returned to the station and immediately upgraded my gun and got back into the fight across the sector until i made 10 mil in under 2 hours.

after fighting a while i got this very strong feeling this is only a test run of the system before they apply it to more things, like the major powers and their power plays, with the battles expanding from these small skirmishes to much bigger battles over actual settlements. fingers crossed.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 22, 2021, 08:38:26 am »

Been playing Chivalry 2. Ahhh, it has some faults, but on the whole it is great fun.   
I've mostly played as the "peasant-y" classes (the man-at-arms and archer), since I'm still rubbish at the game and it's less embarrassing to get the snot beaten out of you as some pleb with a pointy stick than as a fully kitted-out knight, in my opinion anyway.   
I have discovered, though, that there's nothing quite like playing as a 'vanguard', chucking on a blue-and-white robe with a colour-coordinated bucket helm, and going into battle using the dialogue options to shriek His praises whilst smiting heathens, as well as offering blessings and reassuring prayers to your comrades.   
We were capturing a bridge on one level, calmly standing there watching as the red tide of Mason scum charged towards us, and I hit the prayer button and my character goes, "fear not the heathen rabble, for their mouths are full of lies and their arms weak and sinful", or something to that effect. What a moment.   
We won that match, too. xD   

Each class and faction has at least a couple of unique voice sets to choose from, by the way. Definitely a neat touch. Character customisation is pretty decent.       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 22, 2021, 03:14:34 pm »

Discovered 'Infinitode 2' on Steam for 2 or 3 euros. Good fun so far.

Tower defense, recource grind, with idle game elements (prestige reset).

It used to be a mobile game, but it saw lots of updates that removed much if not all of the mobile feel.

You might also enjoy what's sucked me in recently: The Perfect Tower 2, also on Steam. Has all that, is free. There's some kind of cash shop, but I haven't found what you actually spend real money for. Might not be implemented yet; there's a few things not fully implemented or marked work-in-progress, as the game is in EA, but is otherwise fully playable. It *is* a mobile game, and in fact has the option to link your Steam account to theirs so you can sync your progress on your mobile device.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 23, 2021, 10:14:06 am »

Warframe
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 23, 2021, 01:26:18 pm »

Warframe

you only spoke one word, and yet somehow i can understand you completely
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 23, 2021, 02:01:42 pm »

Warframe

you only spoke one word, and yet somehow i can understand you completely

The Greybeards taught me well. XD
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 101