Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 101

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 188532 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2018, 07:45:30 am »

Playing state of decay 2. It's so buggy. Companion AI is pretty bad. Do yourself a favour, wait for a patch and play with friends.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2018, 08:45:32 am »

And Donkey Kong Country 3 crashed and deleted my save file, so time to switch to something else.  I'm pretty sure it's the console to blame - a Retro Duo, one of those third party dual SNES / NES consoles.  It did the same thing to Yoshi's Island once, which I thought was the game cartridge going bad.  Guess not.  Also, guess I'll have to emulate DKC3 to beat it, which I don't feel so bad doing since I own the thing.

Anyway, switched to Spyro the Dragon: Ripto's Rage.  Enjoying this one so far, which is much better than playing the first one on an emulator on my PC.  The game feels much more polished and refined than the first one.  My only minor nitpick so far is that there's maybe too much talking in this one compared to the first.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2018, 04:08:27 am »

Stationeers, Stationeers, and a bit more Stationeers.  :)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168935.0

The inflow of new content is rather low, but the non-beta builds are very stable on my setup, and we can build on Mars.
If you pick it up, then notice that you can set the 'hunger' slider all the way to 0. The default setting makes it very hard to grow food in time, and IMHO it's not a beginner task to create a stable greenhouse.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2018, 11:01:47 am »

I've been playing the Sega master system version of Ultima 4 in retroarch on my phone lately.

I like that it actually has menus and unlike every other version (besides the NES one), doesn't require memorizing a bunch of keys or guessing conversation keywords. It's too bad there was only one Sega port, because the Nintendo ports are apparently unfaithful garbage.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 11:04:31 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2018, 03:04:51 pm »

Been playing more and more SS13 these days, tgstation this time around (Terry is the only place I get anything approaching an acceptable latency... for a few minutes, then I need to restart my client). Again, mostly focusing on mixing either alcoholic or medical cocktails for people.

As usual, trying to get people to use the right medicines in the right way is like herding fucking cats. I logged in late as chemist one time, decided to check what supplies had been handled so far.

I find a fridge with 48 tricordrazine patches (15u). Rage happened.

Hotfire90

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2018, 04:33:58 pm »

I've been playing Payday 2 recently, in the very first heist I joined I got kickbanned, which is always a great start.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2018, 07:53:08 pm »

I've been playing Payday 2 recently, in the very first heist I joined I got kickbanned, which is always a great start.

That's why you either play with friends or the AI, these days the AIs are good enough to support you through pretty much any difficulty.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2018, 09:11:02 am »

Hosting your own games is also an option you can try. That way you can kickban other players, rather than the other way around.

Hotfire90

« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2018, 10:12:06 am »

It only happened 2-3 times, besides I found it amusing the first time, otherwise I've had plenty of luck finding decent games.

dmtaukhua123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2018, 04:03:00 am »

Dragon Ball Legends. I played PUBG on PC, but after I discovered a game on the phone, it was addictive, it reminded me of childhood.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2018, 10:37:06 am »

It's the weekend, so I feel obligated to play some more Lifeweb.

Fucking hell is this game a source of frustration. I'm still an utter newb (it's a bit slow-going to get comfortable with a game that you simply don't have access to most of the time, and that actively quashes any form of readable information about it), so I tend to try and go for the newb roles that don't have a lot of responsibility or up-fuckability.

So I play as one of the little servant children helping out around the fortress keep itself, tending to the baron's family and holdings. Mostly they don't interact with you though, so your only real responsibility is to clean the walls before they explode into a deathbomb of choking, explosively flammable gases. You do this by simply hitting the wall with a damp cloth.

Unfortunately, you don't start with any rags in your inventory, and there aren't any in the servants' quarters... Or anywhere else in the keep for that matter. You need to make them yourself. How? You need to tear off a piece of fabric from some clothes.

...so, first I needed to figure out how to do this (the only reason I knew that this was even what I needed to do was because I'd seen someone else doing it before). Turns out that this is one of the very, VERY few things that's actually documented by the ingame help, but nothing in there is really categorized, so you either already know what's shown in the help file or you don't even know what's in there to look for.

Eventually, I worked out what I had to do, and entered the command... But all I got was a message about how I'd attempted to tear the cloth. So I tried again, and again just the message about trying.

These attempts took stamina, apparently, so I managed to make myself pass out a couple times by trying to tear off one of my sleeves. And the effort continued, attempt after attempt, taking breaks to drink (and even take a nap at one point, in order to gain a powerup to see if that helped), while my duties (requiring a rag) went neglected. Vicious clouds of rotgas were released. The clouds came in contact with the torches and detonated, and the fortress was wreathed in flames, so I had to take another break from tugging at my own shirtsleeve in order to grab a bucket of water and play disposable child firefighter.

As it turns out, children (which the servant role is entirely composed of) have such a low strength stat that their chances of successfully tearing clothing are less than 1% (approximately). I spent half an hour of a round continuously failing to get the one thing I needed to do my job.

Gameplay.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2018, 07:45:09 am »

I'm currently playing an the old free version of Cogmind, and I'm liking it so far. Any one have any Idea what has changed sense they last updated the free one?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2018, 09:07:03 am »

Better ask in the Cogmind thread.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2018, 10:10:35 am »

Been playing more Stellaris, on Captain difficulty this time.  Still haven't managed to get an AI empire strong and angry enough to declare war on me, but I'm hopeful.  I've also been getting trash luck with habitable planets, with not one above 20% habitability in my neighborhood in about 4 games.

Anyway, at the urging of a friend I also tried Crusader Kings II, in multiplayer with them.  That went hilariously bad.  They told me to skip the tutorial, and then I started by playing the king of England in 1066, which apparently was right before England was conquered by William the Conquerer.

Cue lots and lots of confusion when I immediately start losing tons of battles I don't know I'm part of, coupled with me not knowing even what I can do to play.  Clicking things only gives me way too much information to process before the next "Defeat!" window pops up.  I think I ended up as some earl who was in prison for the rest of the game.

Uh... time to play the tutorial.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2018, 10:50:16 am »

Better play Willam himself on a bit later start.  :P In last patches it seemingly become a bit-lot easier to play as him, but for newbie player it's still should be quite an expirience. Well, yeah, i don't relly know who will "fit for newbie". I only really played as Willam, Hrorekr, 10** start Navarra and Pomerania\Sorbs, somehow losing horribly most of the time.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 101