Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Candy Virgin  (Read 2706 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Candy Virgin
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 03:24:33 pm »

Thanks Bumber!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 09:35:45 am »

If you're not averse to a bit of in-game cheating, adamantine can be multiplied greatly by making it into coins, splitting the coins into stacks of one, and melting the coins. My usual method of multiplying metal is to guide the elves to a special trade depot, offer the coins one at a time via macro (I have an 'offer 500 coins singly' macro), and deconstruct the depot. Goods stolen in this fashion become full fortress property at the time when the traders would have left normally.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 11:28:44 am »

If you're not averse to a bit of in-game cheating, adamantine can be multiplied greatly by making it into coins, splitting the coins into stacks of one, and melting the coins. My usual method of multiplying metal is to guide the elves to a special trade depot, offer the coins one at a time via macro (I have an 'offer 500 coins singly' macro), and deconstruct the depot. Goods stolen in this fashion become full fortress property at the time when the traders would have left normally.
When I made my coin star (a long time ago, when they didn't maim people) I bought the coins back, rather than stealing them...
If you're into candy cheating I'd recommend hacking the world to give you 4 spires all reaching the first cavern in a 2*2 embark. There's no ready made script for that, though.

Zydramir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 12:27:10 pm »

Adamantine blocks, then deconstruct ALL of your workshops and remake them out of adamantine for style points.

If you want TRUE MASSIVE STYLE POINTS, set up a ballista battery and make adamantine ballista bolt heads, with blood thorn shafts. Watch your new rail gun oneshot the circus.

But if you want the truest, most powerful super style points...

Dig yourself a new burrow with only some adamantine cloth, a hospital, your chief medical dwarf, a fire pit, and a dwarf with max toughness. Make this a military dwarf.  Have him enter the blaze and BURN AWAY THE FLESHY OUTER PART. Then, when he is prepared, have him sit on the operating table and allow the medical dwarf to wrap every inch of his body in full adamantine. He is no longer dwarf. He is a sentinal. Give him a weapon of precious adamantine, point him at your enemy, and let them know the wrath of Armok.

MorsDux

• Bay Watcher
  • If you only have a hammer, all problems seem nails
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 02:42:40 pm »

haha, this one is good! I mean evil, but... whatever.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 03:37:18 pm »

When I made my coin star (a long time ago, when they didn't maim people) I bought the coins back, rather than stealing them...
If you're into candy cheating I'd recommend hacking the world to give you 4 spires all reaching the first cavern in a 2*2 embark. There's no ready made script for that, though.
I thought you couldn't buy them back after offering them?

A script like that would be nice, but this is fine for opportunistic cheating. The main thing I like about cheating the system in this way is that it doesn't require a trip to DFHack or the raws. It can be fitted in with the rest of the fortress jobs.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 04:39:22 pm »

I thought you couldn't buy them back after offering them?

A script like that would be nice, but this is fine for opportunistic cheating. The main thing I like about cheating the system in this way is that it doesn't require a trip to DFHack or the raws. It can be fitted in with the rest of the fortress jobs.
If you give them away I assume you can't buy them back. I sold them (in exchange for smaller batches already sold). Back and forth, back and forth... halving the stack sizes every time.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 06:36:36 pm »

Ah, yes. Too much fuss for me though.

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 07:32:56 pm »

Ah, yes. Too much fuss for me though.
Offer them then deconstruct the depot maybe?
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 08:25:21 pm »

Offer them then deconstruct the depot maybe?
Yep. Mentioned it above.
Pages: 1 [2]