Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Castle of Bizarre Magical Items  (Read 3399 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
The Castle of Bizarre Magical Items
« on: April 07, 2018, 08:54:18 pm »

The wagon stops. Finally, you have arrived at your destination. Your sentence. Your prison. Your new home. The Castle of Bizarre Magical Items stands in front of you. The massive keep's doors swing open to receive you, when touched by the Chief Normalizer Wizard's staff.

"This is where you belong, bizarre filth. People like you can hardly be called wizards. We cannot take your magic, unfortunately, but we can make sure you never have a chance to spread your bizarreness ever again. Welcome to your prison."

With the Chief Normalizer Wizard's regulated Telekinesis spell, you and your fellow "bizarre" wizards are pushed through the doors. They close behind you. There won't be any escaping, you're sure. Probably. The castle walls have been reinforced with the strongest regulated defensive magics available to the licensed wizards of the Golden Kingdom, as have the doors, as have the windows. A whole host of other defensive magics have no doubt been used to secure the castle and its surroundings. Oh well. At least in here you can practice your bizarre magics in peace. And of course the Castle is also used to hold bizarre items in addition to non-licensed wizards. There might be opportunity here, if you can overlook the fact that you've been imprisoned.
~~~
This is the Castle of Bizarre Magical Items, a succession forum game. Let's go over the concept and rules.

Spoiler: Core Rules (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: The Castle of Bizarre Magical Items
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 11:31:41 pm »

Infinity mansion? :3

Name: Ron Grey
Flavor(optional): Not to be confused with Weasley.
-Resilient: Roll twice and take the higher of a roll to survive your imminent death, once per turn.
two Non-Magical Skilled skills or one Non-Magical Master skill:
-Dodging
-Identifying traps
The stuff in your backpack(choose two items from the Bizarre Magical Items thread, they must fit inside the backpack, your character automatically knows what they do):
-I Ron Sword
-Amulet of Mime
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 09:05:01 am »

Name: Mr. Money
Flavor(optional): He looks like a homeless man.
one Talent:
-Inventor: Skilled in creating new bizarre magical items.
-Lock Picking
-Stealth
The stuff in your backpack(choose two items from the Bizarre Magical Items thread, they must fit inside the backpack, your character automatically knows what they do):
-The Mug Of Conservation
-Hypnotist's Pendelum
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 10:00:23 am »

Name: Ælfweard Van Rompaye
Flavour: A 50 year old man from Kirkby, Merseyside, England. He is 5'9, 161 pounds, right handed, and has A- blood type. He expects to die at age 82 from an unspecified illness.
Talent: Wizard
Skills: Freestyle Snowboarding, Painting (female portraits and nudes)
Items: Ring of Good Luck
Sick-le
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:05:28 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 07:53:17 pm »

Name:potato man
Flavor(optional):WHERES MAH POTATOS?
one Talent:
Cooking food
Breaking stuff
Inventory:
Ring of Passive-Aggression - When worn, a curse is placed on the user that prevents them from directly saying anything they feel. Instead, they must hide their opinions behind euphemisms and sarcasm.
Pasta of Infinity: as it slowly absorbs heat, this pasta grows exponentially in size. If heated rapidly, is merely burnt.(Ah. Yes. Cookering is will be good with this)
First turn: “well, this is just swell. We’ll have such a good time exploring these hallways filled with useful artifacts.
Then make some food, we’re starving here.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 11:10:04 pm »

Name: Elphaba
Flavor: Is the main character of her own musical. Is blissfully unaware of it.
Talent:
 -Resilient: Roll twice and take the higher of a roll to survive your imminent death, once per turn.
-Balance
-Dodge
-Cursed Sun Hat of Musical Sequence
-Cloak of Disco Dance
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:36:41 am by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 11:58:37 pm »

Name: Cat

Flavor: Just a sentient Siamese cat with inventing skills.

Talent: Inventor

Skills:

Hunting

Diplomacy

Items: Hypnotoad

Amulet of Common Sense

First turn:

"Well, carp. Let's explore this giant castle."

Follow the group.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:01:16 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 02:28:33 pm »

Infinity mansion? :3
Potentially similar, in some ways. This is a magical castle, after all.
~~~
Character Introductions:

Name: Ron Grey
Flavor(optional): Not to be confused with Weasley.
-Dodging
-Identifying traps
-I Ron Sword
-Amulet of Mime

Your hands finally freed from your cuffs, you reach into your backpack and withdraw your father's greatest treasure, the I Ron Sword, one of the many bizarre magical blades with a specific requirement for the user. Your father couldn't use it, after he went through so much to steal it, but he could name you to use it.

He did so much for you, he trained you, he made you. He readied you. It wasn't enough to save you from the full might of the Kingdom...

You miss him so much.

But anyways. It's good you have the sword. There's no guarantee that the Castle is safe... nor that your fellow bizarre mages are sane enough to befriend.

Spoiler: Ron Grey (click to show/hide)

Name: Mr. Money
Flavor(optional): He looks like a homeless man.
one Talent:
-Lock Picking
-Stealth
-The Mug Of Conservation
-Hypnotist's Pendelum

Well, here you are. You suppose it could be much worse. At least now you finally have a home. A permanent home. No more fear of being caught and executed by the Kingdom. You wonder, though if imprisonment, in this castle in particular, might actually be worse a punishment than execution... that's what you'll have to find out.

The other question is if your thieving skills will still be useful...

If they aren't, though, at least you still have your magical inventing talents. They served you well while you stole, and they might serve you well here.

Spoiler: Mr. Money (click to show/hide)

Name: Ælfweard Van Rompaye
Flavour: A 50 year old man from Kirkby, Merseyside, England. He is 5'9, 161 pounds, right handed, and has A- blood type. He expects to die at age 82 from an unspecified illness.
Talent: Wizard
Skills: Freestyle Snowboarding, Painting (female portraits and nudes)
Items: Ring of Good Luck
Sick-le

You always tried to live life to the fullest. Now look where that's gotten you. Imprisoned in the Castle for performing unregulated magic.

Eh. It was worth it. Not like you can't live life to the fullest here. It just means maximizing your happiness. There's opportunity here. You know it.

Maybe even a cure for this blasted magical disease your other hope, the Sick-le, failed against. Maybe. Hopefully. But if not, who cares.

Spoiler: Ælfweard Van Rompaye (click to show/hide)

Name:potato man
Flavor(optional):WHERES MAH POTATOS?
one Talent:
Cooking food
Breaking stuff
Inventory:
Ring of Passive-Aggression - When worn, a curse is placed on the user that prevents them from directly saying anything they feel. Instead, they must hide their opinions behind euphemisms and sarcasm.
Pasta of Infinity: as it slowly absorbs heat, this pasta grows exponentially in size. If heated rapidly, is merely burnt.(Ah. Yes. Cookering is will be good with this)
First turn: “well, this is just swell. We’ll have such a good time exploring these hallways filled with useful artifacts.
Then make some food, we’re starving here.

They called you mad. Truth is, that's kinda true. But kinda not. You just really like food. Especially potatoes. So much that you studied bizarre magic to make your cooking better. Oh well. No reason you can't cook here.

Spoiler: Potato Man (click to show/hide)

Name: Elphaba
Flavor: Is the main character of her own musical. Is blissfully unaware of it.
Talent:
-Balance
-Dodge
-Cursed Sun Hat of Musical Sequence
-Cloak of Disco Dance

You've been shut in. But no use worrying about what has been. You've entered the castle. The fear and anticipation only make your heart beat faster.

You've got a new life to look forwards to, now that your old life is run through. No matter what you've lost, by making a bargain like Faust, you don't need to worry. Your smile fills the air as your arms swing with flair.

It begins!

Spoiler: Elphaba (click to show/hide)

Name: Cat

Flavor: Just a sentient Siamese cat with inventing skills.

Talent: Inventor

Skills:

Hunting

Diplomacy

Items: Hypnotoad

Amulet of Common Sense

The Chief Normalizer Wizard looked almost with pity as he opened the door ahead of you. You might have been someone important to him, once. You wish you knew who. A human mind does, after all, tend to have issues settling into an animal brain without using regulated magic. Your mind is so... fuzzy... now.

Whatever the reason, he was kind enough to get you a regulated Speak With Animals enchanted choker so you can communicate with the others. And thank goodness too. Otherwise, the whole "paws" thing would probably get in the way of your plans.

Whatever those plans are.

Hopefully they include safeties to deal with the Hypnotoad weighing down your backpack. How you're even bearing it, you don't know. Maybe it's a magic backpack.

Hmmm...

Spoiler: Cat (click to show/hide)
~~~
It might be helpful for me if you include your character sheet in each of your posts, and keep it updated when I make notes about changes to your character.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 02:35:44 pm »

Put on the Amulet of Mime, then take a look around our current location. Use psionics to increase efficiency if necessary.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 03:16:01 pm »

PTW
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 08:36:59 pm »

As per my first action, with an addition. Follow the group, pouncing on any mice along the way.

Spoiler: Cat (click to show/hide)
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 07:07:06 am »

Look around and look closely at any interesting item I come across, but don't touch anything.

Spoiler: Mr.Money (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 04:45:57 pm »

Walk along and sing a song throughout my merry way, seeking rings and other things (but causing no delay).
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 07:17:53 pm »

Missing Leodanny and NAV.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 07:27:39 pm »

Spoiler: Ælfweard Van Rompaye (click to show/hide)

Put on the ring.
Stick closely with the group.

"We should all introduce ourselves if we're gonna be stuck here together. I'll start. Hello, m'name's Ælfweard."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: [1] 2 3