Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: (IC)Altera Vita Academy- A Red Day  (Read 20825 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: (IC)Altera Vita Academy- School's in Session
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2018, 09:43:21 pm »

THE WALL gets to work attempting to actually learn something about... whatever the hell was happening.

Name: Materials Research
Type of Action: Research (Materials)
Desired Progress: Learn more about what exactly is happening to her ;_;
Description: Okay, so this is weird. Best try to figure out the weirdness. Materials. Something odd, incredibly durable. Now it's set, reasonably flexible, if slow to move around. Need to know what this is if it's to be useful. Perhaps it has useful properties.

Um, actually there's no need to do research on yourself just to discover what you Psyche does and its purpose. That don't... make any sense whatsoever. Since it's your Psyche, which is a part of your very being, you should be able to at least know what it's doing to you and it's uses on an instinctual level. For example, even if you don't know exactly why you're able to breathe, you will at least know that it involves your chest expanding while air is being sucked into your lungs and that if you stopped breathing for a few minutes, you'll become lighthearted while the urge to breath again becomes much more intense...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2018, 09:52:18 pm »

In this case, WALL is doing the equivalent of investigating the diaphragm and the psychology relating to the need to breathe. I think.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2018, 09:56:43 pm »

In this case, WALL is doing the equivalent of investigating the diaphragm and the psychology relating to the need to breathe. I think.

You Have Researched Breathing!

Good for personal study yet unimportant to know in order to do the action.

Anyway, I got a post to make so expect me soon.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 10:20:43 pm by Sir Elventide »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2018, 10:14:14 pm »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouHaveResearchedBreathing

Eventide, you got.it backwards. You put the link in the (url=) area, and the text you want the link to be on in-between it and (/url)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 10:17:00 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2018, 10:20:56 pm »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouHaveResearchedBreathing

Eventide, you got.it backwards. You put the link in the (url=) area, and the text you want the link to be on in-between it and (/url)

Nice save!

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2018, 05:35:58 pm »

((For your patience, I will give your characters 50 XP, with the except of Lemmy, who may find some useful materials if he search the waste bins in the Great Workshop...))

Rounds 1 – 4

"Get out of my stay here?"  "I'll have to find something, because you don't have anything here that seems of any value.  I'll find something worth doing here, don't worry about that.  It just won't be whatever you had in mind."

"In other words, I want something I find for myself, not something you gave to me.  And all this stuff is given."

(Here's what Lemmy is going to do.  If you want to continue the conversation, feel free to converse however you'd like, GM.)

Lemmy is going to head to his room and examine that weapon crystal.  He's going to try and properly dispose of it.  First, he'll just ask.  There might be janitorial staff around somewhere, right?  After that, he'll try to add some kind of destructive disposal unit to his room.  If this is possible, the plan is to move the crystal into the disposal unit without touching it.  First, just pick up the disposal unit and move it around the crystal and see if that works.

Summer Hat Madeline nodded. “Very well, I hope you find what you're looking for, dear student.”

After leaving the group, you head back to the dormitories. Wishing to get rid of the weapon assembly gem, you searched for one of the Seraphim. Locating a wall phone with a directory, you dialed for 'Custodial Services' and made a request. A few minutes later, a Seraph materialized on the dormitories' dais.

“So you requested for assistance,” she stated in a soft monotone. “How may I help you?”

Informing her that you don't want your assembly gem anymore, the Seraph acknowledged your request and accompanied you back to your room. Once inside, the Seraph picked up the gem. “This gem will be taken care of. Anything else?

You asked about installing a destructive disposal unit in your room, to which the Seraph shook her head. “Unacceptable. Such a device will take up the majority of your room, create excessive noise that will disturb other students in nearby rooms, and will react violently to hazardous substances placed in it. If it's trash you wished to dispose of, we will take care of it if you prefer. Anything else?”

After making sure that you need no further assistance, the Seraph exited the room with the gem, leaving you to your devices. What will you do next?

"sounds good to me, miss. Hopefully I know enough to do this right."

Arriving at the Education Nexus, you approached the holographic screen in the center. Typing in your desired course, you are whisked away to a classroom setting, albeit one that appeared to be simulated though it all seemed so real. However, instead of desks, stacks of books, and other normal school-related items, you find yourself seated at a machinery table, surrounded by an assortment of guns and ammunition displayed on the walls. Many of the tools and machines on the table seemed to be used to measure components of ammo before assembling them and some appeared to be used to etch runes onto their surface to prepare them for their conversion into Totems. Several books and cross-section diagrams of bullets were nearby, along with fuses and propellent for the ammo.

With help from the instructor and your learning materials and notes, you begin work on the basic tracer round that you will modify according to specific situations. You decide to take at least two weeks:

[10 rolls(two weeks) + 3 rolls(+1 / 5 Might) = 13 rolls]

Result: 5 successes/13 rolls >> 2 of the 5 successes are 6's >> 7/13 = 2 extra successes and +2 Willpower (Determined) for one turn!

Conclusion: While you was disappointed that you failed six days worth of classes in S.A.P. manufacture, you did so well during the first week that you'd made up for a few of them. Determined to do better next time, you pushed discouraging thoughts out of your head to focus on the task ahead.

Metz receives Novice S.A.P. Totem Recipe, 2 extra completed days for S.A.P.(Week 2), and the Determined trait (+2 Willpower) for one turn!

Metz earned 10 XP(class) and 50 XP(misc)!

((To increase the level of your recipe, you must attend classes. Simply crafting won't cut it. I'll start you off with one week of crafting, unless you want me to do more.)))

Now that you succeeded in formulating a basic recipe for your S.A.P. Totem rounds, now is the time to go to the Great Workshop and get to work. Of utmost importance are the sockets needed for the attachments, Charmed or otherwise.

[5 rolls(one week) + 3 rolls(+1/5 Might) = 8 rolls]

Results: 5/8 successes >> 2 of the 5 successes are 6's >> 7/8 successes. = 2 extra successes, +2 Endurance (Nonchalant trait) for one turn, and 5 S.A.P. Totem rounds with the Hardened trait (+2 Might when used).
Conclusion: Once again, you got lucky. Not only did you do very well in the first week to make up for the next few failures but you received S.A.P. Totem rounds with denser cores, allowing you to inflict more damage on your target. However, without a Charm, these tracers are just inert objects, though the mods you have in store for them will lift that weight instead. Despite the toils of your labor, you find yourself barely affected by the exertion and aching. Whether you can make use of this remains to be seen...

Metz received 2 extra completed days for crafting S.A.P. rounds(Week 2), the Nonchalant trait (+2 Endurance) for 1 turn, and 5 -Hardened- S.A.P. Totem rounds!

Metz earned 10 XP(crafting)!

After analyzing the explosive force required to propel practice dummy rounds you used for testing, you theorized that you can formulate a Charm that reacts to the force initiated by the igniting propellent by generating an electrical field that can be used to disable a target without causing fatal injuries. Perfect for taking down targets non-lethally, this Charm is the go to for resolving conflicts without (too much) bloodshed.

[15 rolls(3 weeks) + 3 rolls(+1/5 Might) = 18 rolls]

Results: 8 successes/18 rolls >> 2 out of 8 successes are 6's >> 10 successes/18 rolls = Level 1 KB Taser Charm and +2 Charisma (Engaging trait) for one day.

Conclusion: After much formulation and practice, you managed to create a Charm that converts the energy transmitted through the projectile by its igniting propellent into a sheath of electrical energy useful for stunning targets. Feeling relaxed, you made small talk with others using the Esoteric Laboratory and some found you approachable if only slightly.

Metz received Level 1 KB Taser Charm and the Engaging trait(+2 Charisma) for one turn!

Metz earned 10 XP (charm)!

Satisfied with your new Charm, at least for now, you decided to craft some new KB Taser Totem mod to hold your Charm. However you had no idea how to do so in the first place so you decided to hit the books to learn at least a basic recipe. You determined that it will take you as least a week.

Results: Week 1 rolls[2 successes/5 rolls >> 2 of three failures are 1's >> -2 Agility for one turn (Hampered trait) and 40% progress]. Week 2 rolls [2 successes/3 rolls >> +40% progress]. Total: 80% progress.

Conclusion: It's a good thing that you did great next week because you did poorly the previous week.  Not only did you just passed two of your five sessions but an accident involving your Charm and a defective mod left residual electricity in your legs. Obviously it's no ordinary electricity because it's still there, occasionally messing with the motor in your legs. Nevertheless, you try again.

Results: 6 successes/8 rolls >> 2 of the 6 successes are 6's >> 8 successes/8 rolls = Novice KB Taser Totem Mod Recipe, +2 extra successes(Week 3), and +2 Intelligence (Calculating trait) for one turn.

Conclusion: You are one lucky bastard! In addition to receiving your hard-earned recipe, you learned enough to make up for your past failings and gain enough insight into possible upgrading your recipe to the next level after a few more sessions if you choose. Lastly, you felt as if someone has breathed new life into the gears of your mind and you begin to consider new possibilities and ideas that are just waiting to be realized…

Metz receives Novice KB Taser Totem Mod Recipe, the Hampered trait(-2 Agility for one turn), the Calculating trait (+2 Intelligence for one turn), and +2 extra completed classes for KB Taser Totem Mod (Week 3)!

Metz earned 10 XP (class)!

Now that you finally got your recipe, it's time to craft the mod for your tracer rounds. The sockets you built into the tracers should be able to hold and activate your KB Taser Totem Mods. Of course, you will need a powerful power source to activate the Charm you will place onto the mod in order to use its  abilities, though you figured that the headmistress will teach you how to harness it when the time comes. You figured that at least a week of crafting should be sufficient for now.

Results: 7 successes/ 8 rolls >> One of the 7 successes is a 6 >> 8 successes/8 rolls = +3 extra successes and 5 KB Taser Totem Mods with the Finned trait(+1 Accuracy).

Conclusion: Once again, you have done exceedingly well. Not only did you do enough work to enable yourself to produce more of your mod faster next time but have accidentally improved the ones you current have. By shaping them, you inadvertently created mods with thin protrusions on the surfaces. Rather than throwing them away, you realized that these protrusions can function as stabilization fins that put the mod and the tracer it's attached to in a spin, allowing it to hit targets with greater accuracy.

Metz receives +3 extra completed days for crafting KB Taser Totem Mods(Week 2) and 5 -Finned-(+1 Accuracy) KB Taser Mods!

Metz earned 10 XP(crafting) and has leveled up! He has received 10 Attribute points!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:02:54 pm by Sir Elventide »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2018, 05:36:56 pm »

To say that Alicia was a bit overwhelmed by everything was an understatement. Just silent at everything. Not sure what exactly to do the gears in her slightly throbbing head turning.

A twitch of pale fingers and then an idea. Shuffling away from the group as quickly as her form allowed. Finding a pencil of sorts.

Heading to the crafting room. Looking for a large amount of paper. Looking for a covering. Something to put them together perhaps metal rings and she could hole punch the paper.

A faint smile managing to twitch its way across her lips.

Alicia shall lurch around the school. Looking for paper something to use as a book cover and a way to combine them. Wishing to make a simple diary.

"Can't...be too hard."
"Can't...be too hard."

((New rule guys: No classes and recipes are required to be taken or learned beforehand if the items and skills are extremely easy to make/learn or if your character have had prior experience with those items and skills in their past lives if indicated or can be reasonably inferred by their background. For example, a carpenter will have no need to relearn how to carve a wooden rocking horse. Also, crafting items that can be easily made by anyone will count as an immediate success provided that they are simple in their construction. However you will receive neither penalties nor bonuses for them.)

Thankfully, the materials and equipment for your nifty diary are on hand in the Great Workshop of the sector. Because of the simplicity of the item's construction, you finished putting together a makeshift diary in no time.

Alicia the Entombed receives Handmade Diary!

Alicia receives 10 XP!(crafting) and 50 XP(misc)!

Oh well. Is any part of this place open to the outside? Are there creatures scurrying about? Corvo would probably not be comfortable if this place is just endless stone hallways.

Considering that this Academy is a pocket dimension full of rooms and hallways, perhaps 'going outside' is synonymous with exiting into the larger world? However, this is even less comfortable for such a feathery scavenger as yourself as you are still trapped in here unless Roland or someone else lets you out of this confusing place. In fact, had it not been for the psychic link you shared with the crusader, you are certain you would get lost in this claustrophobic hell. Your bird brain was about to snap under the pressure when you noticed a handful of bees crawling on a nearby wall. They appeared to be shifting unsteadily, almost like a miniature mirage. However, the shadows they are casting on the wall hinted that they may not be illusions after all...

Caw! Caw! Corvo earned 50 of what the pea-brained hairless monkeys called XP for miscellaneous reasons! Caw! Caw!

Jun watches with awe and then amusement as Lemmy gets chewed out by the headmaster. At the end of her speech, she starts counting up something on her fingers and holds four of them up to show to Sully. "Four fucks." she says under her breath, and chuckles. "Damn!"

After the tour, she makes a quick stop by the kitchen to grab a small supply of snacks and heads to the training rooms to get to work.

Spoiler: The Ouija Board (click to show/hide)

You figured that such a radical mode of transportation would not only require the agility to handle it well but the esoteric intelligence to make the glowing doodads. Accessing the screen was easy enough; it's just a fancy holographic display after all! However, finding yourself inside a classroom, even if the walls are decorated with skateboards and wheels of various sizes, brought back uneasy memories of your struggles in college. However, the fact that you can build skateboards and learn other related skills here put you as ease somewhat. At least you won't be forced to take any boring classes. Doing the calculations in your head, you deducted that you need to take at least fifteen weeks of classes if you wish to formulate an Expert level recipe for the Ouiji Board. Ugh, it seems that you're now back in school. It has better be worth it…

[75 rolls (15 weeks) + 1 roll(+1/5 Agility) + 4 rolls(+1/5 Intelligence) + 2 (A Shop Class Student's Diligence) = 82 rolls]

Results:

Week 1: [3, 2, 5, 6, 5] = Week 1: 80% progress
Week 2: [2, 6, 6, 5, 5] = Week 2: 120% progress and +2 Willpower for one turn(Determined trait)
Week 3: [3, 5, 3, 6, 4] = Week 3: 80% progress
Week 4: [4, 1, 4, 3, 6] = Week 4: 80% progress
Week 5: [4, 5, 5, 1, 6] = Week 5: 100% progress
Week 6: [5, 1, 2, 1, 2]= Wk 6: 20% progress and -2 Accuracy for two turns(Dazed trait)
Week 7: [3, 6, 2, 6, 3] = Wk 7: 80% progress
Week 8: [5, 5, 6, 4, 4] = Wk 8: 120% progress
Week 9: [3, 4, 4, 4, 1] = Wk 9: 60% progress and -2 Willpower for one turn (Deterred trait, which will cancel out the Determined trait),
Week 10: [2, 1, 4, 5, 6] = Wk 10: 80% progress.
Week 11: [5, 6, 3, 5, 5],  = Wk 11: 100% progress
Week 12: [6, 2, 2, 3, 6] = Wk 12: 80% progress and +2 Stealth for one turn( Sneaky trait)
Week 13: [2, 5, 1, 6, 6]=  Wk 13: 100% progress and +2 Endurance for one turn(Nonchalant trait)
Week 14: [5, 3, 2, 6, 6]= Wk 14: 100% progress and +2 Willpower for one turn (Determined trait)
Week 15: [3, 2, 5, 5, 6] = Wk 15: 80% progress
Week 16: [1, 1, 6, 6, 2] = Wk 16: 80% progress and +2 Fortitude for one turn (Toughened trait).
Week 17: [6, 2] = 40%

Total: 1,400 = Weeks 1 - 14 Completed.

A case can be made that going to class is a struggle in of itself and this is no exception. Sure you got close to your goal and sure you learned many things but none of it came without cost. Though your prior knowledge of building skateboards helped you along the way, the extra bits were completely new to you. You were dazed by the explosions of light and the afterimages are still affecting your vision even now. Many times have you failed to achieve the results you desired and, though you have had plenty of successes to make up for them, you still feel a bit worried about failing again.

However, as you forced yourself through the slog of lectures and projects, you feel determination waking up inside of you and you found yourself not only ignoring the stresses of being in a class but toughened by your experiences. Though you knew that the board you now have to craft will make you stick out like a sore thumb, you decided to experiment with ways to shield the lights and to skate as silently as possible. Though you know that these methods can only be effective for so long, perhaps this insight will help you find ways of making your endeavors of being stealthy more probable, if you choose…

Jun receives, the Dazed (-2 Accuracy for one turn), Determined (+2 Willpower for one turn), Sneaky (+2 Stealth for one turn), Nonchalant (+2 Endurance for one turn), and Toughened (+2 Fortitude) traits, and Proficient Ouiji Board (+1 Might and +1 Agility)!

Jun earned 140 XP(class) and 50 XP(misc) and has leveled up! She receives 10 Attribute points and has 90 XP leftover!

Name: IASNAF ("It's a shield not a frisbee.")
Type of action (Skill/recipe, crafting, research): ??? Crafting I guess, or does this need to be researched first?
Desired progress in weeks/levels: 3? 5? 10?
Description: I'd like to research/create a modification to my shield so that it permanently loses its ranged attack option. In return, wearing/using the shield gives a decent bonus to Fortitude.

((Let's try 3 weeks of learning the recipe in the first place, just to get you started. At the very least, you'll have a bit more leeway just in case the first and second weeks are a flop. We'll start with the crafting afterward.))

Not wanting to be a knockoff of a captain from a country across the Atlantic Ocean, you decided to learn how to craft a large modification that offers much more protection against attacks at the cost of making your shield too unwieldy to throw. You tentatively touched the phantasmal window above the dais, half expecting to be cursed by some sort of hex. However, though you can't read the strange markings on the surface you feel some strange energy flow into your head. Suddenly, you gained a clearer understanding of this strange contraption's purpose. Apparently, it will allow you to take classes, including the one you currently have in mind. Though you knew that learning how to fight is a must more practical use of one's time than the 'more intellectual' subjects that milksops and priests are so intent on learning, you have a feeling that you can also learn skills that may not even require a sword or some other weapon to use, provided that you have the taste to do so. You also know that the things you'd experienced up to this point would've been denounced as nothing more than the mad sorceries of the Great Tempter himself by those still on terra firma.

Hrmph!

It seems that you still have a lot to learn, digest, and get used to the reality of things and its mysteries. After all, you're able to converse with and understand your peers, despite the fact that you are all either speak in your parent languages or speaking in a single tongue that all but the living can speak.

When you activated the dais, you found yourself inside a classroom that looks as if it has been combined with a blacksmith's shop. The strange psychotactile energies that aided you in your dealing with the screen earlier also flowed from the nearby books as you touched them. Whatever that can be said about this 'Altera Vita Academy' and its eccentric headmistress, you can never fault them for even accompanying the needs of the illiterate.

Recipe: IASNAF ("It's a shield not a frisbee.")

[15 rolls(3 weeks) + 1 roll(+1/5 Fortitude) = 16 rolls]

Results: 9 successes/16 rolls >> 3 out of 9 successes are 6's >> 12/16 successes = 2 extra successes, +2 Perception for two turns(Attentive trait), and Novice IASNAF modification recipe.

Conclusion: Praise be to the Lord of Hosts, you are truly blessed! Though everything is still new to you, you continued on with diligence and understanding as you learned how to fashion the modification for your shield. Though it will make the shield impossible to throw at the enemy as long as its attached, it will offer you greater protection in battle. Also you understood so much about the crafting process that you are confident that you can complete at least three more days of class if you wished to increase the recipe to the next level. To put the jewel on the crown, so to speak, paying closer attention to the process' details has sharpen your senses even if only temporarily.

Roland receives +2 extra completed days for Novice IASNAF recipe(Week 3), the Attentive trait (+2 Perception for two turns), and the Novice IASNAF Recipe!

Roland earned 30 XP(class) and 50%XP(misc) ! Hallelujah!

Now that you've learned the recipe for the shield modification, it's time to head to the Great Workshop and shape and hammer it into existence. You figured that it's best to take as long as needed to fashion at least one.

[5 rolls(one week) + 1 roll(+1/5 Fortitude) = 6 rolls]

Results: 1 success/6 rolls >> 1 out of first three failures are a 1 >> -2 Accuracy for one turn (Unfocused trait) and 20% progress.

Conclusion: While crafting the modification, you allowed your mind to wander to other things. As a result, you failed to devote yourself completely to your craft and only managed to complete a day's worth of crafting. Still unfocused, you decided to try again.

[5 rolls(one week) + 1 roll(+1/5 Fortitude) = 6 rolls]

Results, 2nd attempt: 5 successes/6 rolls >> +80% progress, +1 extra success  and Novice IASNAF modification.

Conclusion: The Lord favors the persistent! Despite your previous failure, you managed to not only complete your IASNAF modification but have leftover materials to fashion a second IASNAF, if you ever have a need to. Nevertheless, it's time to go serve the Lord by slaying those Contorted fiends and perhaps those snail-like demons if He wills it! Of course, whether you wish to learn more skills, recipes, and whatnot is entirely up to you…

Roland receives the Unfocused trait(-2 Accuracy for one turn), +1 extra completed day for IASNAF modification, and Novice IASNAF modification (+4 Fortitude)!

Roland earned 10 XP(class)!

((This is made on the assumption that the four steps don't just count as a single "fix this gun" action and that fixing a weapon magically conjured about what you were thinking while you were still screaming in rage is a bit more complicated than just regular maintenance. Not entirely sure what an appropriate timeframe or level of progress for these would be.))

Name: Assembly Gem Research
Type of action: Research (Weapon Assembly Gems)
Desired progress: ?
Description: Clint ain't quite sure just how these assembly gem things work, but considering what happened the last time he misplaced his trust and considering that the lunatics running this operation have decided to send the cannon fodder in dressed in white and gold, he figures there's a fifty-fifty chance whatever it did, it did it wrong.

You decided that it's best to learn how those weapon assembly gems that's apparently all the rage in this thinly veiled hell work. There's no way that it worked right. At the very least, you'd know whether you can continue to trust it or not, which is more than what you can say about Madeline 'Totally A Bitch' Golden Child and her Hogwarts reject of an academy. Though she have a confused look on her face, as least the woman or 'whatever-the-fuck-she-is' is gracious enough to send for a weapon assembling gem for you to study. Maybe she expects you to find something that you already know or some shit? You figured that at least a week is needed to figure this shit out.

[5 rolls(one week) + 1 roll(+1/5 Intelligence) + 1 rolls(+1/5 Might) = 7 rolls]

Result: 4 successes/7 rolls >> 2 of the 4 successes are 6's >> 6 successes/7 rolls = +1 extra success for Weapon Assembly Gem Research and +2 Charisma for one turn(Engaging trait)

Conclusion: What a load of shit! Apparently, this object uses some sort of strange shit that are utterly incomprehensible to humans to essentially do two things. First, it reaches inside a person soul, which is their inner essence, and activates their Psyche, which has been lying dormant during the entirely of their life for some reason, only to be unlocked by the gem when they're in the afterlife. Second, it shifts into whatever weapon the person thinks of and then forms sort sort of chain to link it with their soul, ensuring that it can never be lost, stolen, or broken. Based on what you learned, this gem didn't appeared to be worn out, used, or old. Have these thingamajigs been engineered a very long time ago yet were made to remain pristine or are their constructions relatively recent? Either way, you are not in a very good mood. Either your research has been manipulated by an obviously phony gem or everything's genuine and you'd only wasted you fucking time figuring out what you already know.

On top of everything, your exposure to the energies of the gem did… something to your voice. Sure you sound exactly the same but for some reason the other idiots are giving you a bit too much attention. Perhaps they liked your voice and want to kiss you. Well, the fuckers will earn a special kind of kiss known as 'a-foot-in-their-ass' if they so much as give you an 'innocent' touch.

Seeing that you was finished with the gem, Madeline took it out of your hands and gave you a wink as if saying, 'I told you so.” Stupid bitch. You have wasted your time with this nonsense. Fuck this school and fuck Charlie!

Clint receives Weapon Assembly Gem Insight!

Clint earned 50% XP(research) and 50% XP(misc) and has leveled up! He received 10 Attribute points!

Name: I Have To What?
Type of action: Research (Weapon Modification Totems)
Description: Okay so apparently, just fucking around with the gun only helps if it's a normal gun and not the product of some mystical hippy gem. New plan, figure out how the hell weapon modification Totems work.

((Are you sure you want to do this research? The purpose of the classes is to teach you how to craft things like Totems and Mods. It seems kind of redundant if you ask me...)))

Name: This Is Hell This Is Actually Hell
Type of action: Recipe (Weapon Modification Totem)
Description: So alcoholism's looking like a pretty good option right now. Might numb the pain when this fucking thing inevitably explodes right in his goddamn hands. Why is this a thing? This shouldn't be thing. He shouldn't need to learn all this shit just to know how to fix his gun. Why has God forsaken him? It was the fucking fire crackers wasn't it?

Figuring that melee combat is so last century, you resolved to make a modification that will increase your accuracy and stopping power, at the cost of being immobile. After all, only a fool would smash his foe's head in with his rifle when a burst of lead will do. Using the Star Trek-esque screen was easy enough but being sent to the classroom and- well, what do you know, it's in the fucking Matrix and there are enough firearms and attachments on the walls to give an NRA groupie an orgasm. At least this hellhole isn't something cutesy like a My Little Pony Academy. Figuring that a week of progress is sufficient to learn how to make the damn thing, you knuckled down and got to work.

[5 rolls(one week) + 1 rolls(+1/5 Might) + 1 rolls(+1/5Accuracy) = 7 rolls]

Result: 4 successes/7 rolls >> 1 out of the 4 successes is a 6 >> 5 successes/7 rolls = Novice F.M.L. (Fuck My Life) Bi-pod Totem Mod Recipe.

Conclusion: Surprised that you haven't accidentally killed yourself fooling around with this complicated shit, you named your recipe and the mod you will make after your current state of mind and headed to the Great Workshop. Time to take this shit off the drawing board and into your hands so to speak.

Clint received Novice F.M.L. Bi-pod Totem Mod Recipe!

Clint earned 10 XP(class)!

Name: Work You Piece Of Shit
Type of action: Crafting (Weapon Modification Totem)
Description: The belated implementation of Clint's weapon modification Totem. The Totem seeks to augment his light machine gun as to function like a proper light machine gun, or at least close enough to how he remembers they work. This modification will permanently remove the weapon's melee attack and also render it effectively impossible to hit anything with its ranged attack without stopping and aiming it properly first. In exchange, it gains a significant increase to Might and Accuracy when properly set up.

Now that you found a place to work in Crafting Central, it is time to gather the materials for your project. Wondering whether you can actually craft a grenade out of your own frustration and rage, you figured that no one would survive within the 100 km blast zone if you fucked up its construction. Looks like your light machine gun will have to suffice and you can always take your anger out on those Contorted asswipes the Head-bitchress mentioned and Charlie, wherever the fuck he is.

[5 rolls(one week) + 1 rolls(+1/5 Might) + 1 rolls(+1/5Accurate) = 7 rolls.]

Result: 4 successes/7 rolls >> 1 out of the 4 successes is a 6 >> 5 successes/7 rolls = Novice F.M.L. (Fuck My Life) Bi-pod Totem Mod (+5 Might, +6 Accuracy).

Conclusion: Oh yeah, now you're in business! Though the construction of the bi-pod ensured that it was nigh impossible to whack a fool over the head with the gun, it will allow the weapon to be fired when crouched or prone thanks to its extendable legs. It will allow you to force feed lead into any fuckers who so much as look at you funny. Now, the only thing left to do is to search for a certain helicopter pilot who's responsible for putting him in this hellhole in the first place to teach him a lesson. The dumb fuck is going to be singing in soprano soon enough. Of course, without the extra juice that a Charm or whatnot can provide, it is, for all intents and purpose, just a regular object with strange runes on the surface.

Clint receives Novice F.M.L. Bi-pod Totem Mod!

Clint earned 10 XP(crafting)!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:09:10 am by Sir Elventide »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2018, 07:38:24 pm »

Outside? You know, blue sky, green trees? Where there's dirt and sun and bugs and-
Bugs? Hmm. They have to have come from somewhere. Investigate.

Also. I have no idea what to do with these "XP" thingies.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:00:25 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2018, 07:55:39 pm »

Rec room has everything in it?  Lets find some smokes, then.  Probably some other recreational drugs if that's successful.  And matches, because humans can't set things on fire with their minds.

After a bit of that, because it'll get boring after a while, lets check some other things.  That janitor said not to disturb my fellow students, so lets do that!  There should be tools available simply by selecting an appropriate course from the auto-teacher, and stealing them.  No need to actually attend the course, and there's infinite resources, so who cares?  The tools will be to punch or dissassemble holes in the walls and floor of my room to see what's beyond them, and if that janitor was telling the truth.  Do make sure that it's a course on tool use so as to have tools instead of some course on construction or destruction with magic soul power or something.  Gather the tools and then see what's on the other side of the walls, ceiling, and floor of my room.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:02:53 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2018, 08:13:17 pm »

Conclusion: Praise be to the Lord of Hosts, you are truly blessed! Though everything is still new to you, you continued on with diligence and understanding as you learned how to fashion the modification for your shield. Though it will make the shield impossible to throw at the enemy as long as its attached, it will offer you greater protection in battle. Also you understood so much about the crafting process that you are confident that you can complete at least three more days of class if you wished to increase the recipe to the next level. To put the jewel on the crown, so to speak, paying closer attention to the process' details has sharpen your senses even if only temporarily.

Well, one more week of IASNAF then I suppose, take it to The Next Level (tm)! Or two weeks if it proves necessary.

Fill the rest of my time with investigating that shiny watch. What is it, what does it do, how much can I sell it for on the black market?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2018, 08:23:58 pm »

assemble and test my taser round modifications. They got a hunting or shooting ranges dont they?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2018, 08:49:27 pm »

((Hopefully mustard gas counts as a clandestine tool. They can't see you if there's gas everywhere and they're dying in agony!))

Name: Chemical Warfare is Fair Game, Right?
Type of action: Research (Chemical Warfare)
Description: Still really not liking his chances here, Clint was going to start looking into figuring out how to get some smoke bombs going here for the inevitable and bloody retreats he'll be taking part in, when he realized one important detail - they really don't seem to give a fuck here, so chances are, going all WW1 is gonna be a-okay. If that's the case then, he'll start looking into how to make smoke bombs that do a little more than just smoke. Not particularly picky on what he'll need this to do, so long as it obstructs sight, does horrible things to people, and that the require protective equipment (e.g. gasmasks) needed to safely deploy it aren't too hard to make.

Oh and since, there's no avoiding it. After that Clint's gonna kill himself. If gonna happen sooner or later, he may as well try it out in, well not quite a controlled environment, but on his own terms at least. Save himself a bit of screaming and flailing when it happens "for real". After this research, Clint returns to his room, layers bedsheets on the floor, lies down, and shoots himself in the head. Or at least tries to. With any luck the mess he'll be waking up to won't be too bad. ((Not entirely sure on the logistics of shooting yourself with an LMG.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:50:15 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2018, 08:57:54 pm »

You'll want a tripod, a long string, a pulley, a weight, and afterwards a mop.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2018, 10:52:45 pm »

(Maybe one of the staff will do it for you.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 03:50:21 pm by Devastator »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2018, 08:08:48 am »

Bumping to keep the thread from being forgotten.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12