Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: [SG] The Gods Are All Right: Queh, Goddess of the Dark  (Read 9978 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] The Gods Are All Right: Queh, Goddess of the Dark
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2018, 02:30:13 pm »

A he needs to know the truth.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2018, 02:30:34 pm »

Can we do A in a way that isn’t evilly cheerful? Because we should do that.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:42:58 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2018, 02:33:39 pm »

A. I feel sorry for him, but he needs to learn now instead of later. (I also really want to see his reaction.)

Yeah, we shouldn't be too evil...
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2018, 02:59:57 pm »

A

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2018, 03:01:26 pm »

A
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2018, 03:02:06 pm »

Can we do A in a way that isn’t evilly cheerful? Because we should do that.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2018, 07:40:42 am »

A. Explain how we found out, and offer an alternative: instead of paying us in power, he owes us a Favor. We call him in at a later time for a task we feel needs a god of improvement to do it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2018, 08:45:27 am »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2018, 04:02:01 pm »

"Good news! You're fired!"

If Acter had a mouth and something to put into it, he'd probably have done a spit take here. "What!?"

"Wait, no," you rub your forehead, "that was the bad news. The good news is everyone else in your division is fired."

"Nobody told me!?"

"They told everyone in person, it got real ugly at the party. You had some words for your coworkers about how they're all dillweeds and deserve to be fired. You also got pretty drunk."

"That was you! You did all that!"

"Well yeah, kinda, but at some point it's basically the same thing because I dunno about you, but I don't figure you explaining what really happened is gonna go over well either. Besides, you'd be fired no matter what I did so really it's not my fault at all."

"You... I don't..."

"God, I know how ya feel. I've had a pretty rough day. Had to coordinate a defense for aggravated nudity and bodily pollution of a public space. Considering I didn't have any training or preparation, I think I did pretty well."

"Um..."

"Anyway, I think we've had a pretty good talk here, so when you come up with some power to spend, just remember that you owe me one, huh? For services rendered and firings weathered, I say. Talk to you later."

"Wait!"

You hang up and look at Wran, whose face is drawn after having listened to all that.

"It's okay," you tell him, "that dude's a god of improvement, making the best of a bad situation is like his entire MO or whatever."

Wran doesn't seem very impressed, but before the conversation goes any further a seraph arrives, gleaming with certitude. Power is given, to each a paltry sum, though for the Nine Tails said paltry sums do appear to add up to a considerable amount more than what you and Wran seem to obtain - between a technical victory on their hands and a whole bunch of power to show for it, the goblins appear to be in high spirits!

A) Go hang out with the Nine Tails, they seem like they'd have good law-dancing advice for you.
B) Hang out with Wran and take him out for celebratory drinks.
C) Stuff all this and go home, you don't want to see anyone.

Queh, Goddess of the Dark

Power: 4
Goodwill: 6
Sanity: 1
Time: 3

Missing right hand.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2018, 04:03:29 pm »

A or B
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2018, 04:15:12 pm »

A and B! Let's all get together and show that there are no hard feelings after the job.

Failing that, B, because I like Wran better.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2018, 01:17:41 am »

A and B! Let's all get together and show that there are no hard feelings after the job.

+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2018, 08:53:14 am »

A and B
but I like A better
We'll never get a steady job if we don't learn from winners.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2018, 09:00:51 am »

+1
Ditto

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2018, 02:47:14 pm »

You amble over to the Nine Tails with Wran following in your wake after some nudging, and lead with a classic remark.

"Good case, everyone, good case!"

Shockingly enough, they appear to be fairly nice deities as they all congratulate you in turn, patting you on the back, asking if that was your first time representing someone in a law-dance and sharing approving remarks when you say yes, and generally being good sports about the whole thing. They've also all got numbers which you guess is kind of cute in a way, like there's a Number One who's also named Vikt, after the goblin concept of the reverberation of guilt from any Wrong Action performed in society. The idea is, you're informed by Number Five, a.k.a. Hvulst, as in the process of assembling a panel of judges to assess the damage caused by Wrong Action and the measures needed to rectify it, that the cat o' nine tails is this symbolic thingamabob that may or may not hit people sequentially (it hits sequentially if you do it the goblin way for sure) and that's how the court cases are supposed to go. In theory. Tell you what, these guys have got a heck of a lot of goblin trivia, and boy if they're not glad to share it! Did you know that goblins and dark deities have a sort of common origin, culturally speaking? You sure didn't!

Fortunately, with trivia also come drinks as you all slide into the dusty dark corners of the Forgotten Library, a used book depository slash dive bar located some blocks away from the Huehuehuacan. Diminished spirits of silence, dust and indices busy themselves providing a fashionably negligent atmosphere. You don't entirely get the appeal of getting drunk in a library, but you guess you never went to college like these guys did. Heck, back home you didn't even have a library. At least Wran doesn't get it either, and the two of you share knowingly unknowing looks all along the way.

Number Nine, Shakt, the punishment that brings Right Action to smooth out the Vikt that once was, seems particularly interested in what you do, professionally speaking - you appear to have fallen into this law-dancing gig completely by accident, and it does appear to fascinate him greatly what you actually think of the process and its application.

A) "I don't know where this has been all my life, if I was informed that dancing for justice was an option I'd have been doing this like a decade ago."
B) "It's pretty weird, I don't think I've ever heard of this system being used for legal cases before."
C) "I got super winded from a misdemeanor case, so what's a murder trial by dance look like?"
D) "Not to bring this into goblin trivia again necessarily, but is this how you do legal stuff under the goblin model too?"

Queh, Goddess of the Dark

Power: 4
Goodwill: 6
Sanity: 2
Time: 3

Missing right hand.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14