Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: [SG] The Gods Are All Right: Queh, Goddess of the Dark  (Read 9992 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] The Gods Are All Right: Queh, Goddess of the Dark
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2018, 02:26:17 pm »

"Whoa there, slow down buddy," the seashell-goddess says in a slightly incredulous tone. "One step at a time, huh?"

"Sorry," you reflexively say.

"Oh, no!" she deflects. "I mean, there's not even any proper music yet. And if there was, well, I've seen you try to dance before." Somewhere in that shell you can sense a grin developing.

"You have?"

"Yeah!" she says in a good-natured tone. "At the big company party last year, after Rollo put that weird curse on you?"

"Oh! Haha. Yeah. I must have forgot," you lie tipsily.

"Or blocked it out, hah. Wouldn't blame you, honestly."

"Hahaha... got a lot to work through for sure," you say before draining your cup and filling it up again.

The goddess' eyestalks lean forward a little. "I know you have a hard time at these functions, Acter, but maybe go easy on the booze? I mean, you don't have to pretend to be someone you're not just to try and fit in."

"That's, um," you try to think of something.

"Just take care, okay?" she says and puts a tentacle on your shoulder. You nod solemnly. She heads off with a fresh drink, and moments later you see her laughing with some office friends you don't recognize, and she gives you a maternal, pitying wave when she looks to see how you're doing.

"THIS IS A SONG I CALL, THE BAND ISN'T HERE YET," the Serpent growls from upon the improvised stage, and distorted, fuzzy lute riffs fill the atmosphere with a smoky thickness. You drain your third cup, but still feel like crying a little.

A) Desperately try to hit on other coworkers.
B) Tell that hillock-looking asshole what you really think of him.
C) Clumsily climb up on stage and jam with the Serpent.
D) Spike the punch.!

Queh, Goddess of the Dark

Power: 2
Goodwill: 5
Sanity: 2
Time: 6

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2018, 04:03:42 pm »

D

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2018, 05:07:18 pm »

C

The best part of being someone else is we don't have to hide. And maybe we actually have talent?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2018, 06:01:03 pm »

A.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2018, 07:28:09 pm »

C
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2018, 03:48:15 am »

You slide onto the stage, currently occupied solely by the Serpent, and find the nearest convenient noisemaker to jam on, in this case a hollowed-out and dried deep sea fish of some kind that fits neatly under your arm with these pipes coming out of it. They might not actually be bagpipes, but you damn sure are drunk enough to play 'em like they are. There's an alien warble that comes out of some orifice within the fish.

"THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF DIVISION 15, I LOVE YOU BASTARDS," the Serpent roars into the party, who applaud as you attempt a harmony with the electric lute. You and the Serpent proceed to experiment with how either of your instruments might actually be played, and come to a conclusion that you can place on the low end of the cosmic shoegaze/synth noise spectrum. This is good. This is kind of actually good. You don't think the crowd likes it, technically speaking, but screw them, this is your art and your soul, and what do they even know, they don't know you, that's for sure. You begin to sweat inside your Acter-shell as you lose yourself in the strange music, the sweet death running through you, the Serpent's monotonous growls into the microphone (they seem even drunker than you, seemingly having done the heavy lifting even before you arrived). Nobody has the heart to ask you to stop, and as a budding princess of darkness that's basically your social wheelhouse.

You don't know how long it's been when you're interrupted by a sudden resonant tone coming from a freshly arrived guy banging a ceremonial mace against his massive U-shaped crown, which is loud and piercing enough to make even the Serpent quit howling the opening of the Primordial Syllable of Death. His eyes are black voids and his massive, immaculately shined spiky armor gives off the unmistakable impression of middle management.

"I have been informed," you hear a voice like grinding steel come from what you assume is the boss, "that the band contracted for the evening has cancelled their appearance at the last minute." An exasperated sigh comes from the audience. "Luckily Tchmarz and Acter have already picked up the slack, let's give them both a big hand." There is a moment of humble applause. "Yes, yes, good work all around."

"However!" he starts up again just as everyone's started to adapt to having to listen to you the entire evening. "There are also other news." Everyone stares. "Mmh, yes. The news are," he hesitates, "that Division 15, on account of poor performance reviews, underwhelming creative achievements and frequent complaints about workplace behavior from the other divisions, is to be let go, effective immediately."

Stunned silence.

"And yes," he says, "that does unfortunately mean no holiday bonus. And, as per most of your contracts, no severance." The crowd looks like it's about to boil with murmurs and complaints. "I was going to inform you after the cleanup, truth be told, but I found out they were firing me as well shortly after and, well. I was considering a division-wide etheric message, but this just seemed like the right thing to do for you all. Best of luck!"

And with that, he struts cheerfully right out of the room with heavy metallic steps, accompanied by a chorus of utter bewilderment and shock.

A) But the band plays on!
B) Descend from the stage to better take in the experience of being fired from a job you didn't even have.
C) Eh, looks like your work here is done.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2018, 06:47:14 am »

Us damn it! Now how are we going to get paid? Ohmime is this spell on a timer or do we need to get turned back by a manikin with no juice?

A or B, I'm cool

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2018, 10:52:08 am »

B.
Might as well know what it feels like before it happens to you

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2018, 12:16:33 pm »

You put down your fishpipes and head offstage to join the gathered group of freshly fired gods. Tchmarz continues his rampant luting, paying you absolutely no mind after you've left his immediate sphere of attention. Look at him go!

Anyway, you start wandering around as the other gods go through denial, anger, bargaining and depression at their own pace, and in an uncharacteristic fit of gregariousness decide to offer words of encouragement from your own long experience as economic detritus.

"Unemployment's not so bad, I hear. At least you've got time to really think and, like, find yourself or whatever," you tell the seashell-headed lady. "Personally, if working meant slaving away for assholes like these who'll fire you at the drop of a hat, I'd rather be unemployed! How about that!"

She turns to you incredulously, and spends a moment counting to three and choosing her words wisely before going on, "Go home, Acter, you're drunk."

"What?" you go as the room slowly starts to look at you. "You know, I thought this'd be one of those cases where you'd turn out to be wacky folks who just didn't gel well with someone like Ac- someone like me, but you're all such pricks instead! So maybe I am drunk! Guess what! Next morning I'm gonna be sober, maybe, but you'll all still be a bunch of... a bunch of dillweeds! Yeah! I bet you all deserve to be fired anyway."

Now everyone's staring at you. "Seriously," the hillock-god says, staring at you, "go home."

"Maybe I will!" you shout. "Screw you all! Acter out!"

You take a minute to find the door, and pretend as though you didn't while storming out in a drunken, weepy huff.

On the bright side, your head doesn't hurt when you wake up at noon on the couch. On the negative side, everything is terrible anyway. Gah. You lay on the couch for a good hour before you muster the will to move under your own power, and even then it feels like an uphill battle to sit up. You cast your eye around the room, and spot a surprisingly well-preserved Acter pelt draped across the foot of your bed. You remember taking it off being a lot more difficult than expected.

You take it in your hands - it feels a little gooey, and there's a fairly big hole in the front where you appear to have burst from the chest before going to bed. Beth probably put it up here after tripping over it in the morning because you left it on the floor like the complete freaking moron you are.

A) Shove it behind the couch, maybe you can think of something to do with it later.
B) Maybe you can put it back on?
C) Unmake the damn thing, you never want to think about it again.

Power: 2
Sanity: 1
Time: 5

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:12:05 pm by Harry Baldman »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2018, 12:37:03 pm »

C. Maybe we'll get some power from that fiasco of a goddamn evening.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2018, 01:13:26 pm »

C
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2018, 02:08:03 pm »

C an't imagine needing that again.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2018, 02:44:30 pm »

You hold the Acter-pelt up in your hands and demonstratively rip it in half, the tear creating godly sparks that fly up into the air, which you harness to generate a small dimensional rift of absolute darkness, into which you proceed to feed the halves slowly, soaking in the terrible screams of Acter's god-magic as it disintegrates before your very ears, filling you with strange inspiration and no small amount of joy as the rift collapses, leaving not a trace behind.

This kind of reminds you of that one show about a pantheon of repossession gods. They never seemed very appreciative of being able to destroy shit for a living. There was a lot of screaming at each other and planets getting thrown around and that was cool too in a moonwreck kind of way. Wonder if that's still on somewhere. You'd need a more elaborate etheric connection than your mirror to find out, however.

A) Maybe the neighbors have an etherpane? You probably should get acquainted with them.
B) Nah, just kick back on your couch and mess around with your mirror instead.
C) Go outside and look for other garbage to unmake.

Power: 3
Sanity: 2
Time: 5

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:46:56 pm by Harry Baldman »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2018, 02:53:11 pm »

B

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2018, 03:08:09 pm »

B, and look through more classifieds.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14