Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: [SG] The Gods Are All Right: Queh, Goddess of the Dark  (Read 9983 times)

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] The Gods Are All Right: Queh, Goddess of the Dark
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2018, 06:15:17 pm »

C

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2018, 01:09:32 pm »

You grab some wayward stationery and begin writing a note to Beth explaining how you're going to be home late because you are WORKING and EARNING POWER and BEHAVING LIKE AN ADULT SORT OF, struggling to contain the enthusiasm dripping from every word (takes a couple of rewrites, admittedly). Everything's going so much better than you expected! You leave the dinner table unfolded and put the note right on top of it, and after a second or two of thought also place a convenient tiny potted pitcher plant on top just so it doesn't get lost.

That done, you get your hair in order and your clothes looking borderline okay, and even manage some progress on your face before time runs short - throwing on the best you've got, you head uptown to the Celestial Assurance, reaching it just as the evening sun is at its height and the moon of workday's end begins to pass as a black dot on its surface. A crystalline sea urchin-looking dude rolls up to accost you in the outside lot and asks after your business, but you just tell him you're here for the dude in Office 157B. He makes a call - your story checks out. Shortly after you're in, coming up to a familiar stairwell, the nameplate on it reading ACTER, Junior Supervisor of Operational Smoothness. Sure enough, your manikin's in there.

"We on?" you ask him as you slide inside the miniature crystal office. He seems to be holding a file in his hand, completely paralyzed.

"Right! Yes! Sorry, just getting one last thing done," he says, subtly inhaling and finally shuffling the file into a spot on his desk that he's been eying for a bit. A moment passes, nothing explodes. "Yeah!"

"All right!"

"Uh-huh!"

"So, are we going?"

Acter says nothing, but simply listens for a second - you hear something spilling in the distance, and a terrible scream rings out somewhere above. "I don't know. Maybe this isn't such a great idea. I could just stay in here instead? Ugh, no. I have to go. But I really don't want to, is the thing. But I still have to, though."

You raise an eyebrow at him as he argues with himself for a bit.

"Wait," he seems to decide, "you could just go instead of me!" He seems to run some calculations through his head as he looks you over from head to toe, "yeah, it'd only take a little bit of work..."

"Wait, what?"

"It's okay," he says, "I'm a god of improvement. I'm certified."

A) "You're certifiable is what you are! We're either going to do this like mature divine beings or I'm going home this instant, you hear me?"
B) "Uh, okay. But it's gonna cost you extra, my dude."
C) "... all right, just be careful not to magick anything permanently, okay?"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2018, 01:37:17 pm »

C

Build rep, then get cash.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2018, 01:38:53 pm »

B.
Come on, we can't let ourselves get pushed around like this. We'll just get a reputation for being a weaklin

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2018, 02:18:02 pm »

B

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2018, 02:35:25 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2018, 03:28:27 pm »

B

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2018, 12:17:34 am »

A

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2018, 03:34:12 am »

Acter hums as you bring up the topic of extra compensation. "I, um, I, well... I don't actually have more power to give you." Your head tilts. "I had enough to pay you after, but this disguise is going to take the amount I had left and, well, I'd be running on fumes after so I was thinking I'd just lay low for a bit, right?"

"I'm liking this less and less by the minute."

"No, see, it all checks out - I enchant you to look like me, you get in there and stay out of trouble, and then when my holiday bonus comes in I'm going to pay you what was agreed upon. Sound good?"

"Wait, so you're planning on paying me the rest when exactly?"

"Oh, like three days from now. No more than three days," Acter scratches his head. "I shouldn't think so, anyway."

"I thought you'd pay me right after the party?"

"No, no!" he says, earnestly surprised. "Wait, did you get that impression? I'm sorry! I mean, power's tight. You know how it is in this economy. See, I was going to get in touch with you when I got my bonus and pay you from that. That's what I was intending to do."

"Why can't you just save the power you wanna use for the disguise and pay me with that?"

"Well, I was originally planning to save that for groceries," Acter explains innocently enough. "The next few days may get a little tough, but I hope to manage regardless."

A) "Okay... but you better have the power ready in three days or, well... or I'll be very cross with you is what I'll be."
B) "Geez, just keep the power and come on already. It's just a party, how bad can it be?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2018, 03:41:54 am »

A

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2018, 08:36:21 am »

A
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2018, 11:16:04 am »

B
(If our wit and charm can't keep him out of whatever trouble he's facing, surely two practically powerless gods will be more hilarious better than one. Right?)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2018, 11:37:15 am »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile