Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: [SG] The Gods Are All Right: Queh, Goddess of the Dark  (Read 9979 times)

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] The Gods Are All Right: Queh, Goddess of the Dark
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2018, 06:14:15 pm »

Hand model. We never did a day of manual work in our lives, our hands are the definition of smooth.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2018, 06:16:19 pm »

Porque no las dos?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2018, 06:37:39 am »

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2018, 08:21:33 am »

Model hands!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2018, 08:42:45 am »

Why does ever god game involve Acter having a romantic interest? Even in games not even about him!
Wait, what? now I need to read them
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2018, 04:04:49 pm »

Unsure that you're up to the task of backup dancing in public, you instead apply for the hand modelling gig, and the 999 Planes unfold in your mind with the indisputable certainty that you can turn up to Garvel the Steelbender's abode in the River of Stones right near the rainbow overpass sometime next morning. Maybe this employment thing isn't such a far-off dream after all. Certainly seems to be enough demand for an unskilled, barely paid godlike laborer around here, even if it's not for very long.

Anyway, you go back to perusing the Canon and spend a short while sensibly chuckling when Beth arrives, somewhat earlier than when you saw her last.

"Hey!" you wave at her from the couch.

"Hiya," she nods and looks around the demiplane. "Have a good day?"

"Oh, just took it easy mostly. Nothing much. Just found another gig!"

"Doing what?"

"Hand modeling."

"Oh. That's cool," Beth says, but you can't help but notice that she's beaming, and not in the typical literal sense either.

A) "What are you so happy about?"
B) "Yeah, I guess."
C) "Oh god, let me tell you about what happened to me last night."
D) "I've been in all day, you wanna hit the streets?"

Queh, Goddess of the Dark

Power: 3
Goodwill: 5
Sanity: 3
Time: 5

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2018, 04:42:14 pm »

A.
But make sure the tone is "joking around with friends" and not "stasi agent who hates fun"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2018, 04:47:01 pm »

A.
But make sure the tone is "joking around with friends" and not "stasi agent who hates fun"
+1
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2018, 04:47:39 pm »

A.
+1
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2018, 04:57:03 pm »

A

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2018, 04:58:17 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2018, 04:37:21 am »

"You seem like you've had a great day though," you point out.

"Yeah," she scratches her head, still smiling a little absently as she takes off her work robe and hangs it up in the usual place. "Suppose I did at that. Week's turning around on me."

"Doesn't usually work out that way, huh?"

"There's four more days to go. I'm sure it'll go wrong somehow," she says and ambles over to the kitchenette, where she pulls out a small block of grubs. As it warms up in her hands, the edges start to squirm, and Beth nods approvingly as she gets a skillet to throw it onto, adding a dab of some scentless thick oil on the surface.

"Good things can happen to you, you know. Just enjoy it while you're able!"

"That's exactly how they get you. Every time." The larval mass hisses, soft shells popping in the heat. A pinch of salt and a fine dusting of something not unlike quartz dust makes it foam and emit a perplexing fetid aroma. You haven't eaten all day, you realize.

"No," Beth declares as she shifts some of the grublet into a bowl, "I need to protect this." She takes a leathery chunk of it between her fingers and savagely rips into it with her teeth.

"Mmh. Not ash bad ash I thought," she says after some chewing, her mouth still full.

A) "We should go out and celebrate or something. As good a time as any, right?"
B) "You could take a vacation. You know, just to be on the safe side of things."
C) "I better dig in while there's still some left, then!"

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2018, 07:49:05 am »

C

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2018, 11:01:59 am »

B

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2018, 12:58:28 pm »

B, 6

"Hah!" she says at the mere mention of the possibility. "Hahaha! A vacation day, that's cu-" she freezes. "Wait."

There's a second as she goes to her robe, pulling out the mirror which she needs to poke a toothpick into to start up again.

"Do you seriously just never turn that thing on," you wonder as you grab a bit of grublet for yourself. It has the texture of leather, but tastes strangely like peas, and melts on your tongue in a way you're not sure you enjoy.

"Safety precaution," Beth says, and doesn't feel the need to elaborate. The mirror activates and she takes a moment to look through something you don't quite see, but when she's done she's got a wide grin on her face.

"So the vacation is a-go?" you laugh.

"Just one day," Beth says manically. "But one day's all I need." She runs up and gives you damp smooch on the forehead. "Queh, you're a goddamn genius!"

"So, like tomorrow or maybe the day after?" you ask.

"Oh! Nah, no," Beth shakes her head. "This is for something else. I need to go arrange some things. This could be great! Mind getting the dishes?"

"Oh, um," you lean back and pop another bit of grublet in your mouth, "not a problem."

And with that, she leaves you for about 15 minutes. When she returns, she's outright grinning like an idiot. You try to get more out of her about all the secret plans she's apparently making, but she's a little too distracted to reply to you much. When you go to sleep some time after, you can hear her twisting and turning in bed from excitement for a bit before you pass out yourself.

The River of Stones opens up like a megalithic whorl behind an unassuming wall underneath the Rainbow Overpass, a small gray plateau under a strictly bounded black sky with a single white sun above casting long, flickering shadows across the assorted godly tools strewn all about. Most of it seems to be disused or even abandoned, the stony structure puckered and recessed into ruin along most of the once-sprawling complex. You see ancient angels sitting atop tall walls chatting nonsense and a few scattered gods with crowbars attempting to lever out the last remaining bits and pieces of the demiplane to unmake for their daily sustenance.

You take a left down into a repurposed storm drain and pass through a tunnel painted wall-to-wall by long-gone mortals for the glory of some urban god in a spectacular clash of late-stage mythology and van-quality space wizards. There are bones here, some with meat still on them being digested by distant relatives of common lice. You give them a wide berth and finally make it to Garvel the Steelbender's forge, a humble little corner in the expansive drain that may have once been a temple of sorts, worn away by time and several rounds of renovation.

Garvel is there, a thirty foot centipede, with each leg a fully articulated seven-fingered grasper, some fashioning black steel like clay, some precariously grasping onto the pipework infesting the room as the expanse of the god struggles to twist itself into maximum productivity. Auxiliary red eyes open up on her many segments, taking you in along several spectra until finding your signature as a potential contractor.

"Contractor," she says. "Hands?" You put 'em up. "Yes, smooth enough. Need one. Provide?"

Confused, you offer a hand. One of Garvel's graspers closes around the wrist, a single finger testing the texture and finding it appropriate. Another closes in, producing a razor-sharp cleaver that rises above your forearm. Startled, you let out a yelp and try to twist out of Garvel's grasp - the attempt isn't immediately successful, but it gives the centipede pause.

"Contract, yes? Provide one hand," she says in bemusement.

"I didn't think you'd cut if off! I mean, I guess I'd, like, survive or whatever even if you did, but still!"

"Only borrow, for 48 hours. Will return afterward with fee, or disintegrate and send net power. Contractor preference," Garvel says, considering you further. "Inexperienced model? Standard procedure in business. Permits multitasking."

A) "Oh, um, okay. If that's standard practice, I guess that's all right then."
B) "Can I just stay here and model for you, er, undivided? I really don't want you to cut my hand off, ma'am, no offense. I like my hands and hate sudden sharp pains, is all."
C) "Uh, nope. Nah. No way, no how. Temporary amputation is still amputation!"

Queh, Goddess of the Dark

Power: 3
Goodwill: 6
Sanity: 3
Time: 4

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 01:04:05 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14