Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wikipedia Wars Hub: "To the Victor Goes the Spoils"  (Read 3765 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Wikipedia Wars Hub: "To the Victor Goes the Spoils"
« on: April 04, 2018, 12:51:54 am »

This thread, as recommended as to it's creation by roseheart, is designed to serve as a hub towards different games within the emerging genre of Wiki-Wars games.

Now, as I'm only one person, I need to know which games are which at any one time. So if you see a game pop up, bring it to my attention, and I'll put it in the OP.

Spoiler: Active/Ongoing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Complete (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inactive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Completely Dead (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 01:54:22 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Wikipedia Wars Hub: "To the Victor Goes the Spoils"
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 01:34:03 am »

I love hubs.

I was thinking, a 'Ready Player One' WW could have potential.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 02:19:41 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:32:09 am »

The last Wiki Wars I have noticed were the ones by DolosusDoleus: Adjucation and Dissolution

Considering one is locked and the other hasn't been updated since 2017,  both seem pretty dead
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 10:15:13 am »

The last Wiki Wars I have noticed were the ones by DolosusDoleus: Adjucation and Dissolution

Considering one is locked and the other hasn't been updated since 2017,  both seem pretty dead

Adding them to the OP. I think I was actually in the latter, so it's kind of disappointed to see it die.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 10:18:39 am »

I love hubs.

How would that work? Do you mean a Wiki-Warfare set inside Oasis or a similar VR game?

Because, maybe after either Wiki-Warfare or Earth IV: OMAM ends, I could do that. Seems interesting.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 10:55:53 am »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 11:47:25 pm »

I love hubs.

How would that work? Do you mean a Wiki-Warfare set inside Oasis or a similar VR game?

Because, maybe after either Wiki-Warfare or Earth IV: OMAM ends, I could do that. Seems interesting.

How close is Cataclysm?
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:02:08 am »

Posting to Wikipedia Wars Watch.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 02:14:10 am »

I love hubs.

How close is Cataclysm?

Well, we're in an in-between round before Chapter V, and I'm not sure how many more we can do. I'm thinking Eight Chapters; Chapter IV was a turning point in the game's story, so it could work as a half-way point.

So, let's just say it's half-way done, to Chapter VIII.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 02:38:35 am »

Hmm, I might tackle it myself.

We'll just see what happens.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 12:44:44 pm »

GL

The first session of TCM's Wikipedia Wars was completed. Hawk132 won.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 12:50:04 pm by roseheart »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 01:03:09 pm »

So for those of you currently unaware, Greatness has just made a new Wiki wars game set in a VR game(you should probably update the first post by the way), with updated mechanics relating to sub-wikis and the player characters themselves, and a bit stricter criteria on the wishing.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 01:54:48 pm »

So for those of you currently unaware, Greatness has just made a new Wiki wars game set in a VR game(you should probably update the first post by the way), with updated mechanics relating to sub-wikis and the player characters themselves, and a bit stricter criteria on the wishing.

Yep, yep. OP is now updated to include everything.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 06:45:41 am »

Bump for update.

I'm running a Wiki War, as well
Random Wikia-War:Chaos

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 06:56:21 am »

Additionally, Greatness' VR Wiki-War is back after it unceremoniously died from a wiki-war burnout before.
Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality V.1.1

Also, TamerVirus' wiki-war is, as the title may imply to you, putting heavy emphasis on subwikis.
Pages: [1] 2