Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Raiding and sites  (Read 1024 times)

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Raiding and sites
« on: April 02, 2018, 10:13:28 am »

Is it possible to discover and raid sites like bandit camps, caves, lairs ect. in fort mode?
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Raiding and sites
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:03:38 pm »

Is it possible to discover and raid sites like bandit camps, caves, lairs ect. in fort mode?

Currently not, minor sites like that which don't typically pop up and aren't explicitly mentioned unless there is a artifact in that place, like attacking a hidden kobold cave.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 12:55:17 pm »

a shame... do they stay discovered if you learn about them in adventure mode and then retire and make a fort?

Another question: In the dev thread it says that livestock raids are taken from the actual animal population of that site. I know its easy to find out how many and what kind of animals are at a site, but do these replenish?
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 01:02:09 pm »

a shame... do they stay discovered if you learn about them in adventure mode and then retire and make a fort?

Another question: In the dev thread it says that livestock raids are taken from the actual animal population of that site. I know its easy to find out how many and what kind of animals are at a site, but do these replenish?
Second question: Probably. The trolls at the nearby dark fortress remain at the same number, even as they've lost a few hundred to trying to take my fortress.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 01:08:10 pm »

Second question: Probably. The trolls at the nearby dark fortress remain at the same number, even as they've lost a few hundred to trying to take my fortress.

Add that or attribute that to    0007526: Dark towers contain thousands of goblins and trolls, causing lag