Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 183

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 271095 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #2475 on: November 02, 2023, 09:38:02 am »

It's high time we get a new designation for wrongness... We got confidently incorrect, patently wrong, woe- and blissfully ignorant but how to neatly pack into two words: you just constructed that whole bit around your worldview, a worldview which hinders you from fully grasping the topic...

Pseudointellectually baggaged?

Like that redditor I saw today, quoting from Mein Kampf, to reach way way out to imply Hitler hated muslims, when in that same book somewhere Hitler expresses his "admiration for the muhamedians", I know that because that is the singular time I have ever seen that word. I mean damn the nazis had a friendship treay with turkey until 1945.

Like I get where they were coming from sure, a totalitarian regime built on such viscious racism would have sooner or later turned on anything that isn't snow white... Still you're wrong stfu did you even read your own quote the relationship is a total reach.
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: November 02, 2023, 01:42:30 pm »

I think the term you're looking for is "unfounded certainty."

It covers a huge swath of post-modernism nonsense.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: November 03, 2023, 10:49:02 am »

Pseudointellectually baggaged would do wonders, though.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 03, 2023, 12:12:34 pm »

Pseudoineffectual cabbage.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 03, 2023, 12:22:25 pm »

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: November 03, 2023, 01:20:57 pm »

Yeah... it doesn't feel like unfounded certainty fills the boots, but I have to admit it kinda fits.

Pseudoinneffective is an absolute beauty of a word, I shall strive to live the pseudoinneffective path.
let

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 03, 2023, 03:02:04 pm »

One of us one of us one of us...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 04, 2023, 09:41:07 am »

Trolley problem but the one person tied the others down, and could leave his track at any time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 04, 2023, 09:53:56 am »

Carpooling?
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 05, 2023, 01:18:34 am »

But does it count as carpooling if you tie them to the front of the car?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 08, 2023, 07:58:16 pm »

Maybe as long as you drop them off at their destination
I make Spellcrafts!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: November 08, 2023, 09:09:01 pm »

There's that moment of remembrance that, somewhere out there, there's laws against strapping even willing people to the front of a car and driving them around... because someone actually did it, and it caused problems somehow or another.

Does kinda' make me wonder if you could build a car/car attachment that would make that actually relatively safe and non-horrible of a transit experience, though. It'd probably look silly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 08, 2023, 11:24:06 pm »

When I was a kid I thought "Holla Back Girl" was actually "Hollow Back Girl" which made me think of eldritch women with gaping holes where their spine and ribs should be, and no internal organs. I also thought this was somehow a metaphor for prostitution, and wondered how having no internal organs became associated with sex work.
I make Spellcrafts!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: November 09, 2023, 02:35:29 am »

Wait it isn't Hollow back girl and a song about prostitutes, because I also thought that's what it was.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 09, 2023, 07:25:21 am »

having no internal organs became associated with sex work.
I mean, for what it's worth, that connection actually kinda' exists? Or at least improbable internal structures of similar intent; you can see an example in Baltimore Whores (song's mostly lacking in outright vulgarity, but it's definitely NSFW), which culminates with a prostitute boasting about a fleet of ships sailing in to her nethers and getting lost for several months.

General concept is explaining how they take so many varied things into varied orifices, basically, with missing organs being a partial justification. Could swear there's some weird demon-type critters leaning into that in real world mythology, even, though I can't remember anything specific off the top of my head.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 183