Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 180

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 218974 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #690 on: February 18, 2020, 03:27:05 pm »

I keep hearing this melody in my head. I feel like I heard it from somewhere but it could just be a melody I thought up. Has anyone heard this before? If so, from where?

Iiight imma just leave this here
This didn’t have the melody, it was a good video, but how does it relate to what you quoted?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 18, 2020, 05:51:53 pm »

I 'm just pulling your leg because you (unknowingly?) set another "NG is an ai" joke  :D

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 18, 2020, 10:54:42 pm »

I woke up 4:30 pm, ate breakfast at 5 pm, went to the building for me class, wondered why the door was locked, for a worker to tell me that the building was closed and that it is currently nighttime. The fact that the sky was dark while I was heading to class should have clued me in but nope. I already ate breakfast and will likely stay awake for a while. I use 24 hour time too, to avoid this exact problem. Clearly I was thinking incorrectly

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 19, 2020, 02:01:52 am »

I once did something similar after a nap, but I came to my senses during the "breakfast".

Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 19, 2020, 04:59:33 am »

I woke up 4:30 pm, ate breakfast at 5 pm, went to the building for me class, wondered why the door was locked, for a worker to tell me that the building was closed and that it is currently nighttime. The fact that the sky was dark while I was heading to class should have clued me in but nope. I already ate breakfast and will likely stay awake for a while. I use 24 hour time too, to avoid this exact problem. Clearly I was thinking incorrectly
bruh

...Did you then wake up and realise you were dreaming? Because that's like, the kind of thing I'd have weird dreams about doing from time to time.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 19, 2020, 06:14:55 am »

Nope, it was real, it is 5 am now, so things are back on track

Unrelated: would breeding drought resistant versions of popular garden plants be a good buisness opportunity? The idea behind it is that people would need less Watertown grow them compared to their non drought resistant counterparts. And the increased drought risk due to climate change wouldn’t affect them as severely

Unrelated: what’s to stop our government from becoming a military dictatorship? They could start a coup d'état and there won’t be much we or the other parts of government can do to stop it. (USA)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 09:38:44 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 26, 2020, 01:26:05 pm »

I am currently in a town with an east-west street named Anderson. And so, today, I learned Clive Anderson, not Wes, made the Freddy Kruger movies.

Unrelated: what’s to stop our government from becoming a military dictatorship? They could start a coup d'état and there won’t be much we or the other parts of government can do to stop it. (USA)

Mostly that they learned there are also non-military corporations that they can also act as a puppet for. Coups are more effective when not done in broad daylight.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 05, 2020, 07:44:33 am »

If my vision ever gets bad enough that I can only read books with large print, I reckon I'll just gouge out my eyeballs.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 05, 2020, 07:47:35 am »

If my vision ever gets bad enough that I can only read books with large print, I reckon I'll just gouge out my eyeballs.   
Even if you can only read large print, there are other things you wouldn't be able to see anymore without eyes, without eyes you cannot drive, can never see anything, no colors, no shapes, only darkness. Plus goouging out your eyes sounds like a very painful procedure, and will possible result in lots of blood too, so I reccomend against it. I am happy with the eye I have, even though I need magnification to read textbooks

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 06, 2020, 06:01:01 am »

If somebody says a thing and it means something to even one other person then it's a word, end of story, if you don't like it then eat my shorts and die in a hole. Take me to the wizened sage on a mountain top and show me the complete list of all valid words in the English language, let the God of All Words tell me the process for deciding what is and isn't a word. OH THATS RIGHT, NOTHING LIKE THAT EXISTS, LANGUAGE IS MADE IN REAL TIME BY THE PEOPLE WHO SPEAK IT
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 06, 2020, 06:16:42 am »

If somebody says a thing and it means something to even one other person then it's a word, end of story, if you don't like it then eat my shorts and die in a hole. Take me to the wizened sage on a mountain top and show me the complete list of all valid words in the English language, let the God of All Words tell me the process for deciding what is and isn't a word. OH THATS RIGHT, NOTHING LIKE THAT EXISTS, LANGUAGE IS MADE IN REAL TIME BY THE PEOPLE WHO SPEAK IT
This is correct. In English, a word is a symbol or group of symbols that mean someting, the symbols are called letters and punctuation marks and numbers. Other languge have different names for these things, and still others use one symbol to represent a combination of symbols. When there is something new, or when someone need a way to talk about a thing there is no word for, the person creates a new word to describe the object. Whether or not it catches on depends on whether others in the group find the word useful. Changes to words are also common

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 06, 2020, 07:41:25 am »

If somebody says a thing and it means something to even one other person then it's a word, end of story,

True. Might not be an English word though :P

Take me to the wizened sage on a mountain top and show me the complete list of all valid words in the English language, let the God of All Words tell me the process for deciding what is and isn't a word. OH THATS RIGHT, NOTHING LIKE THAT EXISTS, LANGUAGE IS MADE IN REAL TIME BY THE PEOPLE WHO SPEAK IT

No, it's also made by everyone who ever spoken something in it. A language is not something that only exist in real time, it's also a story of everything that's every been said between the speakers of it, starting from before history and humanity itself. It's usually said that the eyes are the windows to the soul, and much in that manner the language is the windows to the soul of a people. In language is recorded everything they ever expressed, in it they have recorded their culture, the impressions they've gotten of other cultures, life changing events, memories of triumph and scars of disaster.

This is why neither prescriptivist nor descriptivist linguists are right and why sticking wholly to either side is foolish and quite simply narrowminded. Language is a book that is being constantly changing as it is written in in real-time, but that book was started a long time ago and the many, many years of authoring it has given rise to structures and systems that affect and sometimes even govern how people write in it today.
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 06, 2020, 08:30:41 am »

I would argue that is has to have a shared meaning to have any value for communication. If something has no consistent meaning, it is gibberish.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 06, 2020, 09:41:42 am »

Ah but is gibberish not a language of it's own?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 180