Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 180

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 218939 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #360 on: October 03, 2019, 07:39:09 pm »

Problem is, some fraction of the time a particularly tough and lucky band of peasant manages to survive, become experienced, become stronger than anything you could actually throw them at. High level adventurers level armies, kill gods. Doesn't matter how unlikely it is, if you throw enough peasants at a dungeon eventually someone will roll 50 consecutive twenties and become a deicidal monster. And then they'll start looking for problems to solve that are larger than some goblins in a pit, such as hey, an oppressive monarchy!

The solution to that little issue... is to put your biggest monsters at the start of your dungeon. Let's see that peasant survive a 26d6 (save for half) blast of draconic fire!  :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 03, 2019, 07:50:06 pm »

The peasant is a half-ogre barbarian, takes 13 damage, her buddy kills the dragon with a sneak attack crit, then they all discover the ability to heal by drinking dragon blood and go on to clear the rest of the dungeon.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 03, 2019, 08:08:53 pm »

For some reason ”i have a proposition for you” is a recurring sentence in my brain. I have no idea why. Why does my brain produce sentences that have nothing to do with anything I’m doing?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 03, 2019, 08:13:52 pm »

You just gotta hope the person in charge of the dungeon knows what they're doing. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 03, 2019, 08:29:36 pm »

For some reason ”i have a proposition for you” is a recurring sentence in my brain. I have no idea why. Why does my brain produce sentences that have nothing to do with anything I’m doing?

I think that's your demon trying to get you to form a pact.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 03, 2019, 08:47:10 pm »

I think that's your demon trying to get you to form a pact.
If this is the case it has to be more specific about said pact. Maybe it’ll show up in a dream to explain it better, like how a video can convey more information about a topic than dialog alone

Edit:
If the demon sent this dream, it didn’t help make things clearer, this randomness, I feel comes from my own brain, no demon required, either that or the demon was purposefully being random
I had a dream last night, I was using an Xbox 360 controller to play something like Splix.io with civilizations. Eventually I got into the water and changed my land vehicle to a sailboat, then to a submarine. The submarine was a 3D first person controls. I was shooting boats from below with missiles, then for some reason I had to go to land. When I reached land, the submarine shrunk to where I could “ride” it while walking and holding the Xbox controller. I went into a building and tried to fire missiles but couldn’t, so U tried to find the ocean. There was a stairway which I glided down, jumping from stairs to lower stairs. I asked someone where the ocean was, but they took me to some restaurant instead. When I got to the restaurant and they gave me a small sheet of paper that asked my name, what I ordered, how good it was, and how much it was, all before I ordered anything. I was holding the paper when I woke up to find no paper
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:00:37 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 04, 2019, 08:05:18 am »

Come buy a timeshare in Hell! Warm weather year-round!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 04, 2019, 08:08:04 am »

Random thought: The past bending of "glide" should be "glode" or "glid"
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 04, 2019, 08:19:21 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:18:38 pm by dragdeler »
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 04, 2019, 08:57:34 am »

Dove and Glode

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 04, 2019, 09:41:14 am »

that evil monarch would be a fun d&d campaign
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 04, 2019, 11:08:16 pm »

Spoilers. It is three Lich running the whole show and the adventurers lose their souls.
Good game, let's play some Catan.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 04, 2019, 11:27:27 pm »

When is a colony of cells considered a multicellular organism?
When is a colony of a multicellular organisms of the same species considered a multibodied unit?
Colonies of ants are selected at colony level, with queens and drones analogous to gamete cells and workers and soldiers analogous to somatic cells

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 04, 2019, 11:37:49 pm »

Yes!
I was thinking, rather than the problematic peasants themselves, players could play as members of a secretive organisation dedicated to dealing with those occasional doomed adventurers who manage to somehow overcome the dangers intended to kill them, such as what Reelya described.
Of course, these fledgling heroes would be flippin' powerful (be it through good luck or good management), but using your every bit of cunning, a large bag of dirty tricks and the element of surprise, your job is to put a stop to them before they can become a major problem for the government - whilst keeping it all as hush-hush as possible, of course!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 04, 2019, 11:53:23 pm »

Yes!
I was thinking, rather than the problematic peasants themselves, players could play as members of a secretive organisation dedicated to dealing with those occasional doomed adventurers who manage to somehow overcome the dangers intended to kill them, such as what Reelya described.
Of course, these fledgling heroes would be flippin' powerful (be it through good luck or good management), but using your every bit of cunning, a large bag of dirty tricks and the element of surprise, your job is to put a stop to them before they can become a major problem for the government - whilst keeping it all as hush-hush as possible, of course!   
Yes
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 180