Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181]

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 222335 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #2700 on: June 02, 2024, 11:15:52 pm »

That's a terrifying thought
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: June 04, 2024, 01:54:53 am »

The same could be said about most appliances, like stoves, dryers, and microwaves.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: June 04, 2024, 02:39:02 am »

Yeah, that's not the kind of worry i needed right now...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: June 09, 2024, 02:20:11 pm »

There will one day be twitch (or its relevant equivalent) integration for cyberlimbs and/or power armor/exosuits.

TwitchPlaysRealLifeCombat will become reality at that point, and it will end up with a body count.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: June 09, 2024, 08:13:50 pm »

Bring some patience I've been down the full body tracking rabbit hole for a while now, and the short of the short is that the list of VR titles that actually support that is incredibly short, like less than 5 as far as I know.

We are on the brink of dyi bedroom mocap, but we have been for years. What you want is the equivalent of inside out tracking, something that needs no external reference point, for it to be truely consumer friendly. Nobody wants a bunch of basestations around the room, and putting on a dozen straps is suboptimal too... But say even if tonight somebody releases the greatest git since sliced bread - 4 google coral on a pci board with a bunch of nvme slots, being fed webcams and ndi smartphone or ip cameras or whatever you want, crunching them with mediapipepose (you could do ai pose recgnition, on 4-8 low res feeds, at thight latencies, on 10w power budget, it's all there open source, just needs a codewizard to stitch it together) oh btw the creator this git made the efoort and is selling charuco board spandex suits, and the toturials are heavenly... Even if something godtier like that dropped, it would still suffer from the fundamental issue that the cams can only see their line of sight and darkness is hard.

SlimeVR has probably the best compromise, very economical, nothing but respect for that opensource project / community, but they have been at it for years and afaik current release is called 0.2 sooooo yeah. Tracking gyroscope without drift is really hard but also, realistically feasible. I see nobody trying to compete with all that labor of passion, if you can buy dyi parts on aliexpress for litteral cent values (if you go with the cheapest imu), in a market that's less than 5 games. There are better solutions allready too, but they are expensive and unwieldy, not likely to be mass adopted.

I doubt rich creators would risk limb and live, our timeline is not judge dredd/robocop enough yet. But if they can break expensive robots hitting eachother in manga poses, everybody will watch that.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 08:16:30 pm by dragdeler »
let

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: June 15, 2024, 03:40:21 pm »

Been playing Chrono Cross lately, and I just had a thought. I've held the idea before that Jenova from FF7 is the same species as Lavos. I just realized, if that is indeed the case(and I personally think that the FF7 Remake series reinforces the idea), then it's possible the Cetra(Aerith's people) are actually survivors from the magical kingdom of Zeal, which Lavos destroyed 13,000 years before Chrono Trigger's start point, and fled to another planet. The Cetra were described as travelers from another world. That would explain why the very first thing the Cetra did when Jenova landed on FF7's Planet was to attack it with everything they had, sealing it before even the Planet itself could muster a defense. They knew what it was, and weren't taking any chances.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: June 15, 2024, 09:07:17 pm »

I deserve that people feel relieved when i die
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 09:24:50 pm by dragdeler »
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: June 23, 2024, 06:21:23 am »

I deserve that people feel relieved when i die

#Relatable

But no. You will stay here. With us. You know... shudder Paying taxes and forcefully participating in society. Together.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181]