Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 183

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 271004 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #2280 on: April 12, 2023, 10:09:26 pm »

Oh no I'm kinda crossfaded and this rules.

Listening to Anthem For No State while considering my nightly sublinguals and remembering a time when I had tolerated my dad and stepmom for a while and had a long talk with dad about my hormones and then she stopped me on my way out and was asking me to come visit him on a certain date and I was exhausted and, as if I was lighting a cigarette (something I've literally never done), I pulled out my special 3-chambered circular case, looks like a makeup kit, I bought it with her on a day trip to the beach, I flip that open and I take out a tiny teal pill and I "subtly" place it under my tongue behind my hand, she can't see if it's behind my hand, but also I've told her everything anyway.  Did she notice?  I mean, she must have.  But she didn't react.  Good.  Good? Certainly tolerable.

I accessed the Conv buffer and answered the question which I'd had an answer to from her 3rd syllable.  "Yeah sure, I can come by!"

It'd been a long fucking day and I needed to remind me of me.  I didn't want to rub it in her face I just wanted to assert myself [when I didn't feel myself.  being with them makes me feel like nothing.  the way I used to feel]

That's an... an old memory from Halloween [oh, because I brought up some pics lately and I actually liked my ambushed smile. my face].
Don't get crossfaded, or at least don't post this way.
unless it's funny
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: April 13, 2023, 05:50:23 pm »

sometimes you tryina do something and it's givin you trouble and you be like

c'mon now, help a brother out

and it's like

no

then you go

so i guess i gots to cut a bitch huh

and you do

and the candy finally comes out the bag
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: April 13, 2023, 07:46:09 pm »

"Oh you're gonna be like that, huh. Well, good think I have scissors!"

Can hardly imagine how frustrated I'd be if I were on the road or something and couldn't open something because no scissors and the friggin notch is cut above where the bag is sealed for some reason.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: April 20, 2023, 03:08:53 am »

If the sun was made out of millions of billions of souls burning in hell, we could be making a fortune out of soular power
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: April 23, 2023, 08:22:20 pm »

If you have a fair 6-sided die and are trying to roll a 1, if you roll the die 10 times there’s basically a 1 in 6 chance you will have seen no ones.

I love the somewhat unintuitive nature of probability!

This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: April 25, 2023, 11:29:05 am »

Ah the most useless branch of mathematics, accept this 10/6 before I slap you.
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: April 28, 2023, 10:24:09 am »

I don't understand biology outside of certain very specific aspects, and even then as a layperson.  However:
What algorithm thought nasal congestion was a good idea?  "Oh no, we're inhaling irritants!  Time to stop breathing through the filtered intake, let's only breathe through the unfiltered uncomfortable intake!"

Throat: "Don't worry, we're working on a more permanent solution"
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: April 28, 2023, 10:29:39 am »

It makes sense if you believe in both intelligent design and that the creator god(s) were malicious hatebeings that want things to suffer, hah.

... without that, you just have to occasionally remind yourself evolution doesn't believe in "good ideas", just whatever ideas keep you(r species) breeding without killing you (all) in sufficient numbers. It's entirely possible some significant amount of congestion is actively maladaptive, just not maladaptive enough to get selected against.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: April 29, 2023, 07:59:16 pm »

In a discussion about perception and transness and consciousness, Myst came up:
it "birthed" such an old idea.  The concept that a world exists because we write it down.

Edit: Did it exist before we wrote it?  Maybe/yes.  Does that say things about our own reality?  Potentially.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 08:02:09 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: April 29, 2023, 08:21:26 pm »

Getting precariously close to “what does it mean for a wavefunction to collapse” territory there.

What “turns a possibility, into reality?”
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: April 29, 2023, 10:14:11 pm »

Indeed!

And I say it exists.  But it doesn't exist because we wrote it down.
It always existed.  It doesn't matter that we conceived it.

Though, also, the fact that we conceived it is of utmost importance to us.  Now we know it.

Edit: To conceive is "to give birth". But I think it's more literally "to create something together".  Con (together) ceive (manifest, sorta kinda)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 10:19:11 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: May 01, 2023, 01:45:41 am »

Maybe oral historising counts as writing it down? And cave paintings too?
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: May 04, 2023, 09:23:53 am »

conceive comes from concevoir comes from con capere.... it gets so roots it's hard make sense of but I think it's whatever gave birth to "capici?!" with an intensifier because de-per-con-ex can also simply serve to intensify a verb
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: May 09, 2023, 07:24:57 am »

this is sparta
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 12:10:20 pm by dragdeler »
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: May 20, 2023, 04:12:52 am »

It's dreadurday my dudes, and today I propose to you a new programming standard:

Horse code:

When compiling your code into binaries, an additional encoding and decoding process is necessary to transform it into 'horse code.' In horse code, characters and strings are stored as Morse code, where 0 represents a short beep and 1 represents a long beep. While the binaries still include standard instructions and functionality, any text data within the code is encoded using Morse code.
let
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 183