Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 81

Author Topic: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty  (Read 38487 times)

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty
« Reply #690 on: April 17, 2018, 07:49:59 am »

A

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 17, 2018, 08:37:45 am »

C
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 17, 2018, 08:40:49 am »

B

Edit: change to C

Sun-Nut is vulnerable and needs protection quickly, but let's get a sense of overall security before we delegate resources.

I agree. C

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 17, 2018, 11:57:21 am »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 17, 2018, 12:01:43 pm »

C

later

I wan't to talk about E

maybe char-dis can be incorporated to the pantheon
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 17, 2018, 02:35:56 pm »

C

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 18, 2018, 04:38:27 am »

You decide to open the meeting by bringing up the threat of the Dwarfish Pantheon and its cult of Traditionalist followers.

Sun-nut tells you that his attempting to persecute or conspire against the Traditionalist Cult would throw The Empire into chaos. "The majority of the imperial population are Chestnut Dwarves, who are fervently loyal and would happily accept any action against an outside cult, but the Mountain Dwarf immigrants brought into the Empire by my father, who are highly influential in the imperial military, political structure, and economy, would not stand for our cult openly making enemies of the Traditionalists; They have ties of trade, family, and friendship to the traditionalists back in the mountainhomes, and I doubt forcing them to choose between those ties and their faith would yield a positive result for us."

Your own court, on the other hand, has plenty of ideas on how the threat of the Dwarven Pantheon can be eventually dealt with. Lahara warns that a direct and unprovoked assault would be suicide; The main host of the dwarven pantheon is at least four times the size of your own, and several lesser deities with blood ties to the Pantheon control hosts of their own, some of which are again bigger than yours.

"Still, steps can be taken to weaken them or engage on favorable terms. The Abysal Pantheon of my father and mother will likely intervene on your behalf if you fight the dwarven pantheon, so all you really need do is survive the initial onslaught until reinforcements from the deep arrive!" The spymaster explains, "both yourself and Sun-nut are creative, and thus well equipped to fill both the sacred forest and imperial soil with traps and defenses to surprise a hostile host. We could also provoke them into attacking Char-Dis, and make The Soup, a treacherous afterlife controlled by a paranoid goddess and her monsters, our battlefield per the terms of our agreement to defend the cave deity."

"Indeed," Skoonhein adds, "there is also the matter of discontent within the Dwarven pantheon. The Dwarven gods have many children, and do not have enough space in their pantheon to host all of them. Some are quite jealous and disenchanted with this, and could be convinced to defect to your side, bringing their inside knowledge of the workings of their parent's pantheon with them. Of course, you'd likely have to create an empty space within your own Pantheon to attract such turncoats!"

You consider what you have learned. You have some decisions to make.

As for the sympathies of your influential mountain dwarf worshipers towards the traditionalist cult...
A: Task General Thrane, the most noteworthy and respected mountain dwarf within the empire, with turning the hearts and minds of his people!
B: Task God Emperor Sun-nut with turning the hearts and minds of the mountain dwarves!
C: This can wait until Emperor Walnut is a proper angel capable of leaving the Amber Palace. He won their intelligence in the first place, he can solve this issue.
D: We should turn the missionaries of the Temple of the Tome loose within the empire to turn the Mountain Dwarves against the traditionalists.
E: Clearly, we must purge the mountain dwarves!
F: I do not care about this. I can handle the Dwarven Pantheon without turning my cult against theirs.

As for ensuring that you will survive an initial onslaught by the dwarven pantheon...
A: I will spend some essence to prepare divine defenses within the woods.
B: I will spend a good deal of essence to prepare both the woods and the empire for glorious battle against the hosts of the dwarven pantheon.
C: I will drag Char-Dis into this by calling in my favor and having her send a monster against a dwarven target!
D: I will drag Char-Dis into this by deploying spies and agents to spread rumors against her within the court of the dwarven pantheon!
E: My host, wit, and divine might will see me through, no preparation is needed.

As for attracting a turncoat...
E: I'm booting Skoonhein from the pantheon to make room!
F: I'm booting Lahara from the pantheon to make room!
G: Lets discuss expanding my divine dwelling to make room!
H: Lets discuss reforming my pantheon to make room!
I: I don't need no filthy stinking dwarf gods in my pantheon!.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 18, 2018, 04:42:45 am »

1A
2F
- Spend some essence to directly increase the size of our host!
3G - Wonder where options A though D went

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 18, 2018, 05:15:53 am »

1A
2F
- Spend some essence to directly increase the size of our host!
3G - Wonder where options A though D went

I initially had the second and third choices combined into one list, but decided to split it up into two to provide for more choice. Forgot to properly relable the options. I'll keep them as is for now to avoid further confusion.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 18, 2018, 05:47:14 am »

A
D
G

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 18, 2018, 07:48:15 am »

You instruct Sun-nut and his gathered mortal underlings to delegate the task of turning the Mountain Dwarves against the Traditionalist Cult to Thrane.

Sun-nut nods. "As you wish, mother. General Thrane is an apologist for the Traditionalists himself, but his loyalty to my father, and thus to me, comes before anything else. He will do as you request."

Next, you instruct Lahara to send agents to plant nasty rumors against Char-Dis in the ears of the dwarven pantheon, in hopes of inspiring them to attack her! With any luck, you can join the battle in The Soup, where Char-Dis' side, and by extension yours, will enjoy many advantages. Your chief spy nods, and promises to follow your orders.

With politics out of the way, you turn your focus to matters of construction and send for your chief engineer to discuss expanding your divine dwelling. The cherub in question quickly appears before you to explain your options. "There is space here to expand, my queen! We could build quarters fit to house another fully fledged member of your pantheon, or we could expand your personal quarters to such an extent that you could keep two additional spouses or consorts. Both these additions can be completed with time, elbow greese, and mortal resources, or rushed by expending your essence!"

He gives you a few seconds to consider his words, before continuing. "Of course, if you want to spend large amounts of time and essence, we could always construct another afterlife instead of expanding your compound. A new afterlife means you could take on a new deity to serve as administrator."

You ponder the options before you...
A: Let us build quarters for a new diety the hard way!
B: Let us build quarters for a new deity with my essence!
C: Let us expand my quarters the hard way!
D: Let us expand my quarters with my essence!
E: Deploy my host to seek out a location in which we can build a new afterlife!
F: You know what, nevermind, I thought of another way to make room for a turncoat! (Choose a turncoat option from the previous update)
G: You know what, nevermind, I don't think I want a turncoat anymore.

Once you decide what you want to build, and how you wish to build it, you turn you attention back to the conference at hand. What shall you discuss next? (Ignore this choice if you chose option F above)
A: Reform of my Pantheon!
B: Reform of my Cult!
C: Relations with the Abyssal Pantheon!
D: Relations with the afterlife squatter Char-Dis!
E: The affairs of my mortal priests!
F: Nothing, the conference has come to a close!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 18, 2018, 07:54:11 am »

A D
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 18, 2018, 09:00:15 am »

Okay, A D
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 81