Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 81

Author Topic: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty  (Read 38493 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty
« Reply #480 on: April 10, 2018, 12:46:58 am »

B
I don't think we have the essence for C, sadly.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 10, 2018, 12:47:58 am »

B

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 10, 2018, 02:17:18 am »

You inform Skoonhein that Oakbuttons has your public blessing to begin his quest, and send the intermediary on his way!

4.6 CS:

Construction on your new afterlife is complete! The Hall of Saints is open for business! Skoonhein personally gives you a tour!

Your afterlife sits in a cavern underground that is lit with its own small sun-like orb which moves across the ceiling, allowing the various corners to experience cycles of day and dusk, but never the pitch black of night. The buildings consist of many mighty trees, grown into one another and rendered hollow-yet-alive by powerful divine magics. The beauty of these wooden buildings is enhanced by various decorations of bronze and silver! The key buildings are shaped like massive cathedrals, while the smaller ones resemble country homes.

Once the tour is complete, Skoonhein explains the mechanics of the place.

"This hall houses Saints, or noteworthy beings in training to become angels like myself," your intermediary offers. "When a hall such as this is controlled by a well organized Pantheon such as yours, the saints assist the intermediary in managing the mortal population. I doubt I will need help of that magnitude myself until your following reaches a score of 6 upon the scrolls, so it may be prudent to rent out the services of any saints you acquire to a larger pantheon in the meantime."

"I will bear that in mind, but how do I go about getting saints in the first place?" You ask.

"Now that you have a Hall of Saints, anybody lording over a Seat of Judgement may offer to send a worthy departed soul your way from time to time, perhaps seeking a finders fee for themselves. The souls of any loyal heroes you interact with, either directly or through me, should be able to find the afterlives you run directly, without the help of a Lord of the Dead. Aside from that, you can also make a Daemon into a saint if you are hard pressed to find useful dead mortals."

"What about the heros I already lost?"

"Well," Skoonhein concedes, "if you can find their souls, they are fair game."

"And how many Saints can I house at once?" you continue to badger your servant.

"...For now, two." the angel admits, "but you can increase that number by appointing a higher being, ideally a Courtly or Merciful one, as afterlife administrator, or by ensuring that you hold a majority of the world's existing Seats of Judgement."

You nod. You suppose you have a few decisions to make. First and foremost, you may want to name this place on the off chance that this is not the only Hall of Saints in the World. Write in your votes for a name!

Secondly, you might want to find an Afterlife Administrator.
A: Skoonhein can step aside from his current duties to run this place!
B: Lahara can step aside from her current duties to run this place!
C: My daughter Moonpetal can earn her keep by running this place!
D: I should send word to neighboring Pantheons that I am looking for an Afterlife Administrator!
E: I'll leave the post open for now. I'm sure somebody will come along to fill it eventually.

And third, you might want to start stocking your afterlife with Saints!
A: Send word to Bark-Ark, Lord of the Dead, to see if he is willing and able to provide with the soul of the hero Trunk!
B: Lets see if Char-Dis is willing to return to me the soul of my first husband, Emperor Walnut!
C: Saint Training seems like a good way to make the captured demon Reekos useful!
D: Lets keep the place empty for now, to ensure that spots are available for my mortal family members when they begin to die off.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 10, 2018, 02:52:38 am »

C Shes not doing anything.
B Will cost us, but we can afford to buy a soul if she is willing and still has it.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 10, 2018, 04:01:37 am »

C D

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 10, 2018, 04:11:54 am »

Name: The Amber Palace

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 10, 2018, 04:17:39 am »

Saint's Chasm

CB

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 10, 2018, 04:37:51 am »

CB
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 10, 2018, 06:06:08 am »

Name: The Amber Palace
sounds good. +1

EB

Lets wait until we actually have a good person to run this, not just fill it with the first option. Our daughter does have the trait to run this place.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 10, 2018, 06:13:52 am »

CB
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 10, 2018, 11:05:14 am »

E
B

Also yeah The Amber Palace works.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 10, 2018, 11:25:24 am »

You dub your new Afterlife The Amber Palace, and leave Moonpetal in charge for the time being. You also write to Char-Dis, to see if she would be willing to furnish the soul of Emperor Walnut to serve as your first saint!

4.7 CS:

Twins again! A boy and a girl!

This time the newborns come out looking like green skinned versions of their mother, rather than proper kappa, but an examination by your court sages reveals that they are only mortal - albeit mortals with heroic traits and destinies! Your husband names his son Toraburumēkā and his daughter Sukina. They will come of age in the year 6.8 CS!

---

A messenger returns from The Soup!

"Char-Dis has decided to take pity on you and put the feud behind her," the emessary explains, "and will return the soul of your husband should you send her that unworthy daughter you had earlier offered her."

A: Sounds like a deal.
B: Nah!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 10, 2018, 11:26:40 am »

A
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 10, 2018, 11:27:23 am »

B

It'd be pretty awkward to have our first husband in our Hall of Saints, to be perfectly honest, just kind of watching from afar how we've completely moved on from him. Maybe let's not keep our ex-boyfriends around forever, huh?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 10, 2018, 11:33:09 am »

B
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 81