Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 81

Author Topic: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty  (Read 38400 times)

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2018, 08:24:41 pm »

C
A
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2018, 08:24:50 pm »

Heh, "arubatorosu".

CC, might as well make use of the bird.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2018, 08:43:03 pm »

C D

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 03, 2018, 08:47:39 pm »

You send Senshinochi to mess with the confederate supply lines, and leave the imperial leadership to their own devices! Shortly thereafter you receive word that the Kappa's efforts are indeed bothering the enemy.

2.1 CS:

Another report arrives from the field!

Emperor Walnut and his cavalry have descended upon the unwalled confederate town of Mighty Oaks under cover of darkness! Your husband quickly routed the surprised defenders, and demanded that the Town Master surrender Mighty Oaks to him! The Town Master refused, and even had the gall to spit upon Emperor Walnut's face! This caused your husband to fly into a rage, and he ordered the town and its inhabitants put to the torch! There were few Imperial causalities and even fewer Confederate survivors in what is now being called The Burning of Mighty Oaks!

It is reported that the confederates are attempting to sue for peace, but that your husband is refusing to receive their envoys.

As you mull this situation over, Skoonhein appears before you with an interesting prayer. "A highborn imperial soldier named Trunk is enthralled with one of the enemy. Apparently one of the enemy officers is a she-elf, and Trunk claims she is second in beauty only to your statue in the Temple of the Town of Tomes. As a devout follower of beauty, he feels it is his duty to ensure this elf is taken alive, converted to your cult, and made a wife to a worthy member of your cult; Ideally himself."

Again, you have several issues to mull over, first and foremost being the state of the war.
A: My husband is right to push his advantage while he can! I shall not interfere.
B: Uggg... somebody tell that dimwit to make peace with the Confederates while the war is in his favor.
C: My husband has proven that his temper is unsuited to lead mortals in war. Recall him to my side at once!
D: If the confederates are frightened now, just wait until I sic my host upon them!

Then there is the matter of Trunk's prayer.
A: I'm not going to aid in a kidnapping!
B: I'm not going to aid in a kidnapping! The very fact this germ thinks that wives can be claimed as trophies of war offends me. PUNISH HIM!
C: I'm not going to aid in a kidnapping! ...But mixing my followers with beautiful elves appeals to me. Send word to Trunk that I will help him win the elf should they both survive the war.
D: I have an airborn hero. That should be perfect for the job. Pull Senshinochi off anti-logistics duty and get him on this right away!
E: I'll make an artifact to aid Trunk in capturing the elf alive!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:50:19 pm by Weirdsound »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2018, 08:56:53 pm »

A Well I mean if they didn't want to get conquered then they shouldn't have declared war.
E If the elf is a beauty then she obviously needs to be ours!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2018, 09:02:10 pm »

B, E

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 03, 2018, 09:25:43 pm »

A Well I mean if they didn't want to get conquered then they shouldn't have declared war.
E If the elf is a beauty then she obviously needs to be ours!
+1
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 03, 2018, 09:37:24 pm »

A E

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 03, 2018, 11:48:59 pm »

You once again decide that your husband knows best!

Conjuring up a piece of your essence, you create a single Gold Arrow. The shaft of the arrow is encrusted with various gems, so that it glistens in the sun, and on the fletching is drawn your holy symbol: a songbird perched upon reeds. The arrow is enchanted to fly at whatever the shooter finds most beautiful with perfect accuracy. That which the arrow strikes is put into a deep sleep and rendered invulnerable to harm until it is removed!

You have the arrow sent to Trunk, and learn that the mortal has named it "Flash."

2.2 CS:

Your husband scores another easy victory!

The emperor leads his troops against the walled town called Chestnut Hole! After routing a small force camping outside the walls, your husband and his army settled in for a long siege. It quickly became apparent that the Confederacy was not going to send the full force of their army to rescue Chestnut Hole, so the master of the town, not wanting his subjects to meet the same fate that the inhabitants of Mighty Oaks did, surrendered to the empire after several weeks! This incident has gone down in history as The Siege of Chestnut Hole!

Meanwhile you receive word that Trunk has successfully used the Arrow called Flash to subdue and capture the she-elf officer! The young soldier, with the permission of his superiors, then left the battlefield to deliver his prize to the temple at The Town of the Tome so that the indoctrination process could begin!

The blessed tomes of the temple quickly win the heart of the captured elf! She swears to worship you for the rest of her life, and marry whomever you see fit for the sake of the beauty of The Empire!

...The news is not all good however. The confederacy receives reinforcements from the mountains! A small band of heavily armed Mountain Dwarves, loyal to the traditionalist pantheon, has joined the enemy ranks, thus negating the equipment advantage that your husband had possessed up to this point. To make matters worse, these reinforcements are lead by the Mountain Dwarf Wizard Tul-Urist, who like your husband is a veteran of the war against the wicked Granite Titan! Tul-Urist wields The Staff of Creed, an artifact that grants him dominion over frost and cold.

To his credit, Emperor Walnut seems to understand that his odds in battle have just gotten worse, and has opened peace talks with the enemy, but sadly these have gone nowhere. Emboldened by the arrival of the wizard, the Confederacy refuses to call off the war for anything less than the return of the captured town of Chestnut Hole, and this is not a cost that your husband is yet willing to pay for peace.

Just as you are mulling this information over, an exicited officer of your host appears before you! "My queen! We have located a suitable place for you to extablish an afterlife! Deep in the woods, not far from your own dwelling, we have found a great tree with a small crack in its trunk! We entered the crack, and followed a tunnel down through soil and roots to a vast cavern deep below the earth, perfect in size to provide a home for departed mortals!"

You quickly summon your engineer, who explains the process of afterlife construction. The process will take several decades, and require two points of your essence per decade until it is finished, more or less negating what you would normally gain from the worship of your following. Still, the engineer informs you, the reward for controlling an afterlife should eventually be more than worth the cost.

Again, you are faced with a handful of decisions:

First you must consider the state of the war!
A: I trust the emperor to handle negotiations as he sees fit.
B: What is that idiot doing? Just tell him to give up the town and be done with it!
C: What is that idiot doing? The Empire's cause is just and their goddess is mighty! Tell him not to negotiate until it is they who are offering concessions to him!
D: The time to end this war has come, but I don't trust my short tempered husband in these matters! Ready my chariot, I shall negotiate on behalf of the empire!
E: The time to end this war has come, consequences be damned! Ready my host!

Next, you must worry about that damned Wizard.
A: Personally messing with the champion of another pantheon just isn't worth the trouble.
B: Pull Senshinochi off anti-logistics duty! My champion must seek and destroy theirs!
C: Tell my husband to nut up and challenge that wizard to a duel! My champion must seek and destroy theirs!
D: Time for some treachery! Summon a few of the more devious minds in my host to kill that Wizard in his sleep!

There is also the matter of that elf your soldier has captured. She is waiting to find out who she is to wed.
A: She should marry Trunk, it is only fair that my newest hero receives his reward!
B: I demand maximum beauty! She should marry into one of the already blessed bloodlines from the town of Charity!
C: We should spread the beauty out! She shall marry whichever of my followers she desires, and start a new noble bloodline to rule one of my less beautiful towns.
D: She should marry nobody... yet. Elves live a long time, and someday I might have a son in need of a suitably beautiful bride.

Lastly, you must decide what sort of afterlife you wish to build, if any.
A: Nope. Way too expensive.
B: Construct a hellhole, where my departed followers may torment those who offend me, and breed monsters to act as agents of my wrath!
C: Construct a pandemonium, where my departed followers may be merged into an array of useful, if unspecialized, beings.
D: Construct a seat of judgement! I wish to challenge the abyssal pantheon for control of the dead!
E: Construct a furnace, so that I may burn the souls of the dead for extra essence!
F: Construct a hall of valor, so that I may best weaponize the honored dead!
G: Construct a hall of saints, so that my notable followers may become angels capable of aiding my interactions with mortals!
H: Construct a paradise, the promise of which will increase the orthodoxy of my following!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 11:53:45 pm by Weirdsound »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2018, 12:13:32 am »

ABAG
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2018, 01:23:39 am »

A
B
A
G

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2018, 02:18:51 am »

With some quick delegation, you send your engineer off to build you a Hall of Saints, a messenger to the recently converted she-elf bearing news that she is to marry her captor, and a second messenger off to Senshinochi with instructions to challenge the wizard! You husband is once again left to his own devices!

---

Several days later, a large party of engineers, bearing jugs of your essence, marches out into the woods to begin construction on the Hall of Saints!

---

Your courtiers regale you with the tale of the epic battle between the the giant kappa Senshinochi and the dwarfish wizard Tul-Urist!

The fight began with Senshinochi, the aggressor, shouting challenges to Tul-Urist from the back of his bird Arubatorosu. Rather than verbally accepting, and inviting his opponent to the ground for a proper duel, Tul-Urist began to conjure and throw bolts of frost at the airborn Kappa! For each bolt of frost that was launched on target, however, Senshinochi would shout to the heavens, causing a bolt of lightning to fall from the sky, nullifying the projectile!

After several minutes of this, the Kappa went on the offensive, directing his lightning right at the wizard, who responded with a magical barrier! This trading and avoiding attacks at a distance went on for the better part of an hour, until your champion decided he was bored playing; Senshinochi ordered his bird to begin stooping at the dwarf. On the first pass, the kappa's claws removed the dwarf's right arm, and on the second, the wizard's head was ripped clean off. On the third pass, Arubatorosu scooped up the body of the wizard, still clutching its staff, and flew off before the astounded dwarven troops nearby could retaliate.

---

Word reaches you that Emperor Walnut has arranged an elaborate funeral for Tul-Urist, who was once his comrade at arms. The wizard is buried beneath the burned out temple to his gods at the ruined town of Mighty Oaks, and The Staff of Creed is buried with him. Your husband vows to restore the temple so that his old friend may sleep among his own gods, while also decreeing that the town he destroyed will never be resettled; It will stand a vacant husk for eternity, as a stark reminder of the costs of war.

2.3 CS:

The Conflict is over! Reeling from the loss of their Wizard, The Confederacy has agreed to acknowledge Emperor Walnut's conquest of Chestnut Hole in exchange for peace!

After celebrating his victory with his people for several months, Emperor Walnut once again leaves the empire in the able hands of General Thrane, and returns to your side. Because of his conspicuous presence during the episode, historians eventually dub the violence of the preceding years The War of the Emperor's Return.

Perhaps absence makes the heart grow fonder, perhaps the Emperor realizes that your hands off approach to the recent war indicates that you trust and respect him, or perhaps his various scrapes with death on the battlefield have made him realise that he needs an heir. Reguardless of why, your husband has once again become a regular visitor to your bedchambers.

---

It is brought to your attention that you have two significant appointments scheduled for today. Lahara is back, and she claims to have information on the mysterious Char-Dis. Also requesting an audience is the kappa hero Senshinochi, who must have wrapped up his business in the lands of your followers and is on his way back home.

Who do you wish to meet first?
A: The stormy spy goddess!
B: The slayer of wizards!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2018, 02:20:08 am »

ABAG

+1

Loving how these sequences of choices always seem to form legible words/phrases.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 81