Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 81

Author Topic: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty  (Read 38448 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty
« Reply #840 on: April 26, 2018, 01:12:05 pm »

B
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 26, 2018, 01:14:27 pm »

D
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Hotfire90

« Reply #842 on: April 26, 2018, 01:14:59 pm »

D

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 26, 2018, 01:47:02 pm »

You inform Lahara that she is to take over for Azuma in investigating the missing staff, before asking what she has to say about Azuma's twin sister.

"Have you heard from Nishi of late, my queen?" She asks.

"No, why?"

"It is as I feared then. She is planning to marry. Her spouse-to-be is League Father Kranstill, a Nomad Dwarf with little official power, but great influence over a population that is four times greater than that of your empire." Lahara explains, "the wedding is to take place in two months, at the distant stone camp of Elephant Lake, and for some reason Nishi has not seen fit to share this information with you or your court."

A: She can do as she pleases!
B: She thinks she can get married without my blessing? Send a messenger to firmly inform her otherwise.
C: She thinks she can throw a party without me? Send a messenger to inform her that Senshinochi and I will be attending!
D: She must be up to something! I will attend her wedding, but unanounced and in disguise.
E: She wants to keep her distance from me? Fine. I'll send a representative from my court to attend the wedding.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 26, 2018, 01:49:05 pm »

C!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 26, 2018, 01:56:48 pm »

D!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 26, 2018, 01:57:26 pm »

D is clearly the traditional godly way of dealing with this.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 26, 2018, 02:07:00 pm »

D

Hotfire90

« Reply #848 on: April 26, 2018, 02:08:18 pm »

D

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 26, 2018, 02:22:33 pm »

C ALL THE PARTIES WILL BE OURS

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 26, 2018, 03:09:38 pm »

D

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 26, 2018, 04:22:24 pm »

D
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 26, 2018, 04:52:22 pm »

You dismiss Lahara, grab the nearest Cherub, and order a disguise be made ready in time for the wedding!

---

The stone camp of Elephant Lake appears to be a large castle-like structure from the outside, and you quickly discover that there is no way in without blowing your disguise. The guards are keeping a tight guest list and an even tighter patrol. Luckily for you the ceremony itself takes place on an exterior balcony, so that a gathered mass of nomad dwarves may watch.

You worm your way into the first row of spectators, which consists mostly of important looking nomad dwarves. Behind you stands a multitude; hundreds of elephants, tens of thousands of soldiers, and at least as many civilians behind them. Despite its size the crowd is dead silent for the ceremony.

The groom is an ancient looking dwarf who can barely stand with a cane. You can tell at a glance that he is enthralled by your daughter. Nishi, on the other hand, wears a cold expression on her face; She is either being compelled to wed the old dwarf, or is simply using him. The ceremony itself consists of a love song preformed by a minstrel who is nearly the groom's age, a short exchange of vows, and a long kiss. You note that it is a Chestnut Dwarf, wearing the robes of your own clergy, who oversees the whole affair.

After the applause dies down, League Father Kranstill approaches the edge of the balcony to give a speech. As he talks, the age seems to melt from his voice, and the fierce determination of a much younger dwarf booms across the plains beyond the stone camp.

"My children! Feast and celebrate! Sing and dance! Drink and fornicate! Enjoy yourselves like there is no tomorrow, for there may well not be! Once this feast concludes, WE MARCH TO WAR! The mother of my bride is the great and beautiful Goddess Sunpetal, worshiped in the empire founded by that foolish peasant Walnut!"

The crowd boos and jeers at the mention of your first husband's name. "Walnut's spawn, my so called brother-in-law, the 'god-emperor' Sun-nut, currently sits the throne, but it is clear he does not deserve to do so! The scrolls of Sunpetal, and the console of my wife, are quite clear: Senshinochi, my father-in-law, was a far greater hero than Emperor Walnut! Senshinochi was loved by Sunpetal more than Emperor Walnut! And Senshinochi's blood is more worthy of ruling Sunpetal's mortal followers than the blood of Walnut!"

The old dwarf then gestures for his wife to join him at the edge of the balcony. He kisses her once more, before taking a knee, and shouting "All hail Nishi, League Mother of Elephant Lake, and True Empress of All Things Beautiful!"

The crowd erupts into cheers. Warhorns are blown. Elephants trumpet. Spears are waved.

...Crap.

A: I will let this play out. May my most worthy child win!
B: This will not fly, I should reveal myself now and crash this party!
C: This will not fly, I should confront the couple under more private circumstances!
D: I am neither a politician nor a general. I should return home, and convene a war council to get advice on how to proceed.
E: I should tip Azuma off to her sister's agenda, and depend on one twin to undo the misdeeds of the other.

Hotfire90

« Reply #853 on: April 26, 2018, 05:18:35 pm »

B Nishi isn't a deity which would interfere with our newly reformed cult, also this seems to be related the first part of the prophecy, as they're nomad dwarves and not the mountain dwarves that were part of the 2nd part of the prophecy.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 26, 2018, 06:21:18 pm »

Torn between B and E, but leaning the latter (obviously)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 81