Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 81

Author Topic: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty  (Read 38470 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty
« Reply #750 on: April 23, 2018, 03:55:39 pm »

You decree that the empire shall formally convert to a Cult of the God Emperor. Skoonhein, Sun-nut, and the various mortal priests spend a few hours talking the logistics of this change, and eventually decide that because Sun-nut is already acknowledged as a God Emperor, the conversion can be brought about by the end of the decade with no real expected costs or complications.

By the time the conversation on logistics concludes, you can tell that your mortal visitors are tired, and their focus is waning. You have accomplished the main objective of the conference, perhaps it is time to conclude the meeting.

A: Aye! Lets send our guests home!
B: Lets talk reform of my Pantheon first!
C: Lets talk the affairs of my mortal priests first!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 23, 2018, 03:56:18 pm »

A
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Hotfire90

« Reply #752 on: April 23, 2018, 03:56:38 pm »

A

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 23, 2018, 03:57:47 pm »

A
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 23, 2018, 04:24:00 pm »

You declare the meeting over, and bid your guests farewell.

The following morning, you order your chariot prepared to seek out the band of Nomad Dwarf land pirates lead by Dull, follower of Char-Dis.

---

Dull's camp is not hard to locate, as it is located so close to the empire that a mortal traveling on foot from the town of Charity could reach it within half a month. You approach the camp, and announce yourself as Sunpetal of Beauty to the perimeter guards, and watch as the scurry about camp spreading word of your arrival.

Nomad Dwarves, you note, are very similar to your Chestnut Dwarf followers. They are perhaps slightly larger on average, and possess slightly darker skin. Ugly asymmetrical faces, common amoung your followers, are few and far between in this camp, and although some of the dwarves here possess the prehensile nose of a Chestnut Dwarf, those too are rare. You note these are a people hardened by conflict; Almost everybody seems to be in fighting shape, and even the few elderly, underage, and very pregnant dwarves you spot carry weapons.

After several minutes of this, you are wisked into Dull's tent. The leader of the pirates is well dressed in a fancy black robe and a wide three-sided hat. On his belt is a familiar looking silver dagger encrusted with yellow gems that you can detect is a minor artifact; The decorations on the blade look identical to those on the weapon that was recently used to try and kill your husband, so you guess that it too is one of the Seven Beam Swords. Aside from his ownership of a weapon made by the dwarven gods, the only hint that Dull might be some kind of savage is his necklace, which upon closer inspection is made from dwarven knuckle bones.

"Goddess Sunpetal, friend of Char-Dis and mother of Emperor Sun-nut! I was not expecting such prestigious company today! I invite you to wait at my camp until sundown, so that my chef may prepare a feast fantastic enough for a goddess and a chieftain to conduct business over."

A: No, lets talk now!
B: Sure, I can wait until dinner!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 23, 2018, 04:28:06 pm »

A

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 23, 2018, 04:29:33 pm »

B

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 23, 2018, 04:41:32 pm »

B
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 23, 2018, 04:53:23 pm »

You decide to wait until dinner per Dull's request.

Dinner arrives without incident. Dull has exchanged his black robe and hat for a purple one, and his knucklebone necklace for a simple gold chain. The feast consists of several large pots of various soups, and an entire spit-roast donkey. The bowls and utensils are made from some exotic purple substance that looks and feels like wood, but weighs as much as lead.

You are seated at Dull's right hand, a clear reminder that the dwarf views you not as an object of worship, but as a potential friend and ally. About two dozen well dressed and heavily armed Nomad Dwarves join you at the table. The meal begins in awkward silence... clearly your host is expecting you to lead the discussion. With this in mind, you pause to consider what it is you wish to talk about.

A: Talk about establishing a military alliance between Dull's band and The Empire of All Things Beautiful.
B: Talk about establishing a trade agreement between Dull's band and The Empire of All Things Beautiful.
C: Ask to be introduced to the others at the table.
D: Ask Dull to tell his story. How does a Nomad Dwarf wind up worshiping Char-Dis?
E: Ask about the strange material that the bowls and spoons are made from.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 23, 2018, 05:02:05 pm »

D
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 23, 2018, 05:05:57 pm »

D
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 23, 2018, 05:06:56 pm »

D
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 23, 2018, 05:18:24 pm »

You ask Dull to tell you his story, noting that a dwarf who worships Char-Dis is a rarity indeed.

The Nomad Dwarf considers your question, before answering carefully. "Years ago, I made a mistake which disqualified me from worshiping the gods of my ancestors. My family disowned me, and the clerics of the band I belonged to tried to have me killed. Needless to say, this angered me. When searching for a new god, I settled on Char-Dis, because, as I am told you are well aware, she is a patron of revenge as much as she is a goddess of caves. She whispers in my ear at night, telling me that you will likely make war upon those who have wronged me, and that I can best have my revenge by becoming your friend."

You wonder what Dull could have done to alienate the Dwarven Pantheon.
A: I should press him for more of his story!
B: Nah! Lets change the subject. (Choose an option other than D from the Previous Update if you choose B)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 23, 2018, 05:30:57 pm »

B A
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 23, 2018, 05:31:28 pm »

B E
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 81