Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 81

Author Topic: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty  (Read 38371 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2018, 02:08:06 pm »

Tempted by B, a diety child would be a nice addition, but I think networking now will be more beneficial in the long run.

C
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2018, 02:12:23 pm »

C, sure

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2018, 02:24:06 pm »

A

Tuft is not gone until we give up on her!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2018, 02:52:47 pm »

"Throw a feast in my honor. I would like to meet your master and their pantheon."

Bark-Ark nods and pulls calls for his schedule keeper, with whom he has a brief discussion before turning back to you.

"This I can do, m'lady. Before I host such a feast, however, I would like to remodel my fortress, and spend a few years hunting game worthy of such an occasion. As such it will have to wait a few years."

Eventually the two of you agree to hold the feast in the year 1.9 CS, a little more than a decade from now, which is not an unreasonable amount of time for a god to spend planning a proper feast. After a bit more small talk and dining, you depart from the seat of judgment, gather your assembled host, and return home!

Congratulations! Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty, has completed a quest!

0.9 CS:

Interesting news reaches your throne. Apparently your followers who had been conscripted by the mountain dwarves to fight a distant war have returned!

And they return in force! The soldiers are lead by a dwarf called Walnut, who left his home as a humble peasant only to strike the decisive blow against a Granite Titan, who was leading the enemy forces, and return a hero. Walnut travels with a large band of heavily armed mountain dwarves who swore their undying loyalty to him and converted to your cult per his demands.

Walnut has used his army to seize control of both of the towns where you are worshiped, sucessfully capture and convert a third nearby town of Chestnut Dwarves, and declare himself The Emperor of All Things Beautiful On the surface this is a good thing; Walnut's actions have increased both the size and the stability of your following. Some in your court, however, explain that Walnut and his Empire of Beauty could cause problems down the road.

The new emperor is both devout and prideful to a fault. He refuses to take a wife, claiming that must love his mate for her beauty alone, but that no mortal beauty will ever be worthy of him. Without an heir, it is unlikely that Walnut's empire will last beyond his own death. Your courtiers ask how you intend to diffuse this probable future collapse.

A: Fetch me a bag with eye holes. I shall pay the bedchambers of this ugly dwarf a visit, and help him make an heir.
B: What is an imperial bloodline that can't trace it's roots to the gods? Fetch this mortal for me. He is to be my first husband.
C: Send my intermediary to order him to wed one of the nobles or priests from the town of Charity that I have blessed.
D: Send my intermediary to lecture him on the value of virtue and other internal beauties in a wife.
E: This dwarf's pride offends me, and I do not wish for an autocrat to rule over my subjects! Punish him!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2018, 03:08:26 pm »

D

You get one chance to pay attention, bub, then we'll move on to the demonstration of the exact difference between mortal and immortal.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:43:04 pm by mightymushroom »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2018, 03:10:11 pm »

B Surely an empire of beauty should be ruled by the most beautiful of mortals! What mortal could be more beautiful than our own demigod children? That and I have a feeling that trying to change a stubborn prideful dwarf Emperor won't go the way we want it to.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:04:51 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2018, 03:14:20 pm »

B
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:22:49 pm by Criptfeind »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2018, 03:17:52 pm »

E! Suffer not the asshole!

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2018, 03:42:34 pm »

Ugh no, please. I'd rather switch to A and try to give this guy a mortal successor with divine origins than elevate such an ass into our pantheon. The Emperor of ALL Things Beautiful? Excuse ME, I'm beautiful and I don't think you get to boss me around.

Switching to E to combine the anti-B forces.
I may switch again if A gains some ground, we'll see.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2018, 04:05:39 pm »

A You know what sure. Just having our beautiful kid rule is enough for me even if no one knows they are ours. Plus I thought about it some and stoking the Dwarf Emperor's pride might not be the best idea in this situation.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2018, 04:06:13 pm »

E
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2018, 04:10:09 pm »

E
A You know what sure. Just having our beautiful kid rule is enough for me even if no one knows they are ours. Plus I thought about it some and stoking the Dwarf Emperor's pride might not be the best idea in this situation.

Ninja'd. Sorry, but B wins this round.

---

You ponder the situation for a spell, before speaking to your court. "My followers shall be lead by my descendants. Walnut has slain a mighty titan, and spread my cult of his own accord. I deem him a worthy spouse. Skoonheid, go to him and tell him that he is to select one of his underlings to rule the empire as regent until one of his children is ready to take the throne; He is to spend the rest of his life at my side."

---

You marry the mortal two weeks later in a small ceremony attended only by the members of your court.

Your new husband's appearance is tollerable by Chestnut Dwarf standards; His face is fairly symmetrical, and you learn that his strange and ugly nose is almost prehensile, meaning that it is of use to you in the bedchamber. He is overjoyed at making the sole object of his worship the sole object of his love, but you can tell that beneath his happiness, he is haunted by what he has seen and done while at war.

Emperor Walnut carries "Brushmaster" a simple machete that he once used to clear jungle in his previous life as a herbalist, but has become a minor artifact upon bathing in the blood of the titan that Walnut slew. Between this mighty weapon, and his vengeful nature, you suppose the emperor could fight a divine being on equal or even advantageous footing.

He also carries with him an uncut brown gem, about the size of his head, which he offers to you as a wedding gift. "This is one of the kidneys of the Granite Titan Hilleater, the enemy of all dwarves whom I slew in your name. I present it to you in its raw form, as I could find no mortal worthy of improving it for the Goddess and Empress of all things Beautiful."

You pause to consider the gem. It still holds some of the Titan's essence, so you could craft it into a minor artifact without expending any of your own life-force.

A: I need more essence now, therefore I will eat the gem!
B: I will reward my husband's generosity by improving upon that artifact machete of his!
C: I will craft a crown that my children might someday wear to rule over their empire in my name!
D: I will craft it into an accessory for myself, so that I may remember Emperor Walnut long after he dies.
E: I will hold onto the gem as is for now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2018, 04:12:46 pm »

C! You gotta start an empire correctly, after all.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2018, 04:13:55 pm »

B. Looks like we got someone to lead the host.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 81