Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 81

Author Topic: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty  (Read 38397 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2018, 02:21:30 am »

A

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: SPAMtheon
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2018, 02:32:30 am »

There are no no positions open in the vast Pantheon of your father and mother, nor do you know of any worthy beings in nearby pantheons looking for a spouse. It seems likely you will be tossed out of the divine dwelling and left to fend for yourself
You are Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty.

When the standards are so high, the literal Goddess of Beauty is cast out for no decent suitors.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2018, 02:35:47 am »

...Lets just interpret that as meaning Sunpetal's standards are so high, that she would rather be cast out than accept any of the suitors available to her.  ;)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2018, 02:36:58 am »

;)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2018, 02:52:30 am »

How the hell did I get ninja'd that badly  :'(

A
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2018, 03:18:39 am »

You call for your spy, and she is soon before you.

"My queen," Lahara begins, "I have tracked the goddess Char-Dis to a hellscape afterlife that her worshipers call 'The Soup.' I am unsure if she is squatting there, of if she is serving as an administrator of the place on behalf of some Pantheon. I dared not delve too far into that horrid place, which is an endless green sea specked with isles of bone and flesh, without a proper map for fear of getting lost, but I heard rumors from the lesser beings who worked there."

"And what do those rumors say, spy-goddess?" You ask.

"Char-Dis is breeding a mighty monster, to avenge herself against another deity." She replies, "I know not what this vile creature is, nor for sure that you are its intended victim, but it is supposed to be ready to act sometime around the end of the decade."

Great. Thats just what you needed to hear. What to do, what to do?
A: I should send an emissary to reach out to Char-Dis. I'd rather swallow my pride and make amends than fight a monster.
B: I better prepare my forces for its arrival. I shall uses my essence to increase the size of my host!
C: I suspect this monster will avenge Char-Dis' followers by attacking mine. I should spend some essence to ensure that the Empire recovers quickly from its recent war.
D: Grow a spine Lahara! You are a goddess of disaster at sea, and our enemy is scheming against us from a realm of endless ocean? Time for you to earn your keep with a bit of sabotage!
E: I trust my host and my husband, and look forward to seeing them slay that beast when it arrives!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2018, 03:20:13 am »

A

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2018, 03:41:27 am »

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2018, 04:03:37 am »

"All right, fine," you sigh. "I'll admit, that sounds unpleasant. Somebody send her an emissary. Lets see what she wants."

---

Senshinochi enters your throne room, and once more kneels before you. "Goddess of beauty, I have slain a mighty wizard, and your empire has triumphed over the forces of the wicked dwarven pantheon! I humble request, that if you feel my services merit payment, you order your host to carve out a road through these impenetrable woods! If you do this, our people may conduct trade during peacetime, and the next time the spawn of the wicked dwarf gods bring war to your people, you will have not just me as an ally, but my entire warrior race!"

On one hand, you are sure the Kappa would make a powerful ally, and perhaps even a good trade partner, but you can see a few reasons to hesitate in granting the hero's request. You can recall Morayi telling you that the forest is the only thing keeping the kappa from waging war against the world; You suppose there is a chance that they may drag your followers into wars they do not want, or even betray them outright. There is also the matter of your privacy; You could easily plan a road that goes nowhere near your divine dwelling, but are not sure if you want to encourage mortals to travel into the woods more than they already do. You spend a moment, pondering what, if any, reward Senshinochi should receive.

A: "Your request is reasonable, consider it done."
B: "...How about I spend some essence and reward you with an artifact instead?"
C: "...How about we just honor your deeds in my bedchambers for a spell? I'll spend some essence to ensure you become the father of a god."
D: "Your deeds benefited my husband moreso than myself, your reward should come from him. How would you like an estate and a title?"
E: "Your services were a gift from your goddess to me. I see no need to reward you. Begone from my sight!"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2018, 04:14:12 am »

Maybe something more like F: "I'd really rather keep these woods impenetrable now that I've made my home in them, though I'm sorry for the inconvenience it causes; perhaps I could arrange another route for trade for you? I could have my people construct a permanent embassy."?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 04, 2018, 04:27:16 am »

C, I get the feeling he'd like that.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2018, 04:30:30 am »

C! Fidelity is for swans, plus this guy is pretty cool.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 04, 2018, 06:29:37 am »

B

Reading all the stuff that happened... That arrow we made that seeks beauty. Did we make a weapon that's definitionally most useful for shooting ourselves?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 04, 2018, 07:28:09 am »

A. This man seems honorable, and rewarding his request would only improve our standings with the Abyssal Pantheon.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 04, 2018, 07:44:12 am »

You look the giant kappa up and down, and smirk. "I have a better prize for you. Come, it is in my bedchambers."

---

There are a few snags and glitches before you get started; You eventually wind up doing the deed in your bathhouse, as kappa attend to such business underwater. The encounter is fun, if not a bit violent; Had you been mortal, you are pretty sure you would have been disemboweled by Senshinochi at least twice, and drowned many times over.

After the fun bit is done, you pluck a single strand of hair from your head, rub it some of Senshinochi's seed that was left on the exterior of your body, and use your essence to combine the two into a child. You choose this means of reproduction for three reasons; First, it is fast, and you figure Senshinochi might wish to take his child home with him and not have to wait on you to give birth. Second, it ensures the offspring will be born with the spark of divinity. Third, you are already pregnant with Emperor Walnut's child, so the natural means of reproduction is currently off the table anyway.

You shape the child into an infant girl with her mother's flawless form and her father's moist green skin.

Heads

In spite your (admittedly mild) insistence that the child is Senshinochi's reward, he insists that it remain with its mother. He does not believe himself worthy to raise a goddess, and fears that if he does keep the child, his kin might abandon Morayi to worship the girl, causing all sorts of religious and political problems for him!

Since you are keeping the child, the duty of naming it falls to you. As this is your firstborn (not counting the not-even heroic daughter that Emperor Walnut gave you), you decide to name her Moonpetal, as the moon follows the sun. You present the child to the wise members of your court, who examine her, and inform you that her godly domain is pride, and that she will come of age in the year 4.1 CS. The kappa kisses his daughter goodbye, promises to visit as often as he can, and takes his leave of your home.

If Emperor Walnut minded you sleeping with Senshinochi, he keeps quiet about it. Several months later, you give him a son. The child takes greatly after his mother in terms of appearance.

Examining your firstborn son, you find no marks to designate him a hero, and this is cause for despair. Perhaps the emperor's mortal seed is just too strong in determining the nature of his children! Before you discard the boy to a highborn mortal foster family, you let your sages have a look at the boy. To your amazement, you learn that the reason that he does not bear the mark of a heroic mortal is because he is not mortal at all. Your blood has vanquished Emperor Walnut's entirely in this creation, and the heir to the imperial throne is a god: specifically a god of mirth.

You allow the boy's father to name his heir, and he comes up with "Sun-nut," a name which honors you. Your sages inform you that since dwarves age much slower than kappa, he will reach maturity much later than his half-sister; The immortal emperor will not be ready to take the throne until the year 5.7 CS.

2.6 CS:

Your emmiscary returns with a message from Char-Dis! The mysterious goddess informs you that since you killed one of her beloved followers, she can only forgive you if you offer her the chance to do the same. She demands that you send your beloved Emperor Walnut into hellscape known as The Soup, to track her down and face her in single combat. Should your husband wound Char-Dis before she can kill him, he will be declared victorious and allowed to leave, and she will not sic her monster on you. If Walnut dies, she will give you until the year 3.9 CS to find another mortal follower and try again.

A: Yeah, I'll take the monster. Thanks.
B: Emperor Walnut will waste your smug ass! Get 'er honey!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 81