Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 81

Author Topic: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty  (Read 38390 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty
« Reply #1005 on: May 12, 2018, 03:35:26 am »

D, mortals can get a lot of mileage out of magical healing powers.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 12, 2018, 04:03:31 am »

D; maybe he can use it to have kids more successfully next time.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 12, 2018, 04:17:55 am »

D
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 12, 2018, 06:12:08 am »

C

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 12, 2018, 06:57:32 am »

"Kill it, and bring me its heart so I may grant you a boon of healing!"

8!!!

(Damn, the Dice love Ken)

The demon heart pulsates with far more energy than you had anticipated. It takes only only a tiny push to enchant the disembodied organ to beat eternally in such a way that its powers radiate out, touching the mind and body of whomever is closest to it. You drawing some essence from the demon's corpse, you generate a thick chain of which each individual link is made from a different gem. You mount the heart upon the chain, adorn the chain with forest wildflowers, and attune the forest wildflowers to the heart so that they may bloom forevermore.

You place the large, grotesque, necklace over Ken's head. "Wearing this will grant you knowledge of and proficiency in the magics of restoration. The heartbeat is also attuned to your lifeforce; As long as you wear the Rainbow Heart you will need to eat and sleep less frequently, and will possess a healing factor so great that you will be nearly impossible to destroy in battle!

You hadn't started your day expecting to turn your pet demon into a greater artifact for a son you haven't seen or heard from in years, but clearly you have no complaints. While Ken admires his new toy, you quietly summon a sage to examine your son from a distance. He just slew a demon and recieved a major artifact as a prize, so you are pretty sure he now qualifies as a proper hero. The sage examines your son and concurs with your assessment.

"Indeed, my queen," he whispers so as not to alert the Kappa to the news and possibly kill his motivation to complete his current quest, for which he was promised merely the hero status he now already possess and a largely symbolic title, "before you stands a hero who possess a worldly nature like his divine sister Moonpetal."

Ken and his followers spend a few more days with you, before setting off to imperial lands, where they hope Sun-nut will aid them on the next leg of their quest.

---

It seems the foretold war is nearly upon The Empire! A massive host of Mountain Dwarves, three times the size of the combined imperial legion and better equipped than Sun-nut's average soldier has arrived in the region!

Thankfully the impressive enemy force seems to be in no hurry to begin its assault! Instead, they have split up!

Half the visiting legion is setting up camp on the territory of the independent heathen Chestnut Dwarf Towns. Rumor has it that these invaders are heavily recruiting the locals, and have brought enough spare steel to arm every able bodied male Chestnut Dwarf not presently under your influence. This half of the enemy host, called 'The Campers' by your subjects, is lead by General Throng-Krunk, uncle of your loyal follower General Thrane and much younger brother to the merchant Throng-Urist. From what you understand, he has come to reclaim the portion of the family fortune that has fallen to "heathen beauty worship".

The other half spreads itself fairly thin to cut off Imperial Trade through the vast plains of the Nomad Dwarves and interfere with travel between Imperial Cities. This half of the enemy strength, known as The Patrol to your people includes the entirety of the enemy cavalry, which is a mix of heavy mountain dwarves upon their war trained dire mastiffs, and lighter nomad dwarf mercenaries upon equine creatures such as zebras and donkeys. The Patrol is lead by an ancient sea-dwarf called Queen Mother Kelp-Yarg, who rides a giant albatross like your husband's.

---

Several days later, an emergency war council meets. As things stand, their are two main items on the table.

The first is a rather petty debate over who gets to lead the imperial legion as commander-in-chief. God Emperor Sun-nut refuses to lead the charge, citing his lack of experience in battle and important work on a secret weapon. General Thrane is refusing the position, claiming that he dosn't wish to lead troops against his own uncle, and that even if he did have the heart to fight him much of what Thrane knows about warfare he learned from Throng-Krunk, meaning that he would be at a disadvantage anyway.

Naturally the warlike witch Azuma is lobbying for the job, but to every-bodies surprise Senshinochi is forbidding his daughter from leading the legion. "The Sea Dwarves have no stake in this war," you husband explains, "Queen Mother Kelp-Yarg only agreed to lead troops for the enemy to get a piece of me. Back in the day, I slew most of her offspring. I have heard that since she has forged the bones and ashes of my victims into an artifact weapon that is specifically designed to kill either Kappa in general, or members of my bloodline in specific, depending on who you ask. She has the desire to kill our children, love, and likely the means to do so. I cannot will not allow the crazed bitch to take from me what I took from her; Let me lead the legion one more time. Should she kill me, I doubt I'd be missing out on too many years at this point."

Who should be commander in chief?
A: Old age? weapons specifically designed to kill him? It doesn't matter in the slightest. When I need my husband to step up, he does not let me down.
B: Thrane, suck it up, obey your goddess, and DO YOUR FUCKING JOB!
C: Sun-nut, suck it up, obey your mother, and DO YOUR FUCKING JOB!
D: Sorry honey, but your time has passed, and I trust Azuma's magic to answer whatever crazy Kappabane artifact might be waiting for her.
E: ...Do you guys need me to spell it out for you? Split the legion. Thrane, lead against the sea dwarf, Azuma, lead against Thrane's uncle. Problem solved.
F: Umm... Lahara.... I hope you are good at leading troops. Azuma doesn't seem to have the staff back yet, so as far as we know the prophecy is all you.

After the leadership situation is resolved, it is brought to your attention that as things stand, the deck is stacked pretty firmly against the empire. It may be time to call in some help... (Choose as many options as you wish)
A: I'll send a messenger to track down the Land Pirate Dull, so that he may get back here and help us out.
B: We have the tunnel for a reason! Time to bring in the Kappa!
C: Kappa are good. A whole coalition of abyss worshipers? That's even better. Send a call for aid to Ore.
D: You know what would make this situation better? A rampaging monster. Time to call in that favor Char-Dis owes me.
E: Screw it! Unleash the host!
F: Nah. We got this.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 07:13:42 am by Weirdsound »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 12, 2018, 08:00:29 am »

A

AD

Let's wait to call in the abyssal and rely on our own accomplishments for now. If the dwarven gods send their shit then we start the world war.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 12, 2018, 08:14:34 am »

A
BD
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 08:37:03 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1012 on: May 12, 2018, 08:30:23 am »

A
AD

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 12, 2018, 10:10:58 am »

So fucking proud of ken, a mortal child to become a hero is the type of behaviour we should inspire, isn't that a beatiful?

someone can please yell AZUMA WHERE IS THE FREAKING STAFF?

So, for the prophecy to happen we need to be in losing shape first

A
AND

A (show our son the sun you should  be trusted)
B (go azuma, bring them in together with the staff on the brink of defeat to change the tides of the battle, hehehe)
D ( What kind of epic battles that can mean extinction of a religion doesn't involve a monster massacrating the fleeting troops?)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 12, 2018, 10:29:50 am »

E

AD

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 12, 2018, 11:51:32 am »

A

ACDE

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 12, 2018, 12:02:04 pm »

"If my husband wishes to lead my forces, I will not stand in his way." You announce.

"I will not fail you, love of my life." He declares. Senshinochi then kneels before you so his head is level with your, and delivers the sort of deep and passionate kiss that you typically don't receive from him while fully clothed. You see something in the large Kappa's eyes that you have never seen before. Uncertainty. Fear that this might be goodbye. He holds you for the better part of two minutes before letting go, mounting Arubatorosu, and leaving to carry out his duties without another word.

You announce to the war council that you will call in the favor owed by Char-dis, and also send a messenger to seek out the Land Pirate Dull so that you may call upon the aid of his band.

Dull and his merry band of pirates arrive about a month and a half after you summon them. Their numbers are slightly depleted; apparently they had been busy of late, working alongside another pirate band to repel a Sea Dwarf host that was intruding upon the high plains, likely to join in the battle against the Empire.

With Dull's band added to the imperial host, Senshinochi's forces can now match one half of the split enemy in terms of numbers. Rumors also circulate among your soldiers that enemy fears Dull; Your scouts report that enemy squadrons are willing to march for hours to ensure Dull's band is located nowhere near where they sleep. The land pirates also bring terrifying war machines with them; 13 massive elephant mounted tubes that spray shards of molten glass at short range to ruin enemy lines. You later learn that these were invented by your creative son Toraburumēkā.

---

First blood in what your court is already referring to as the Fortold War has been drawn, and the population of the heretic Chestnut Dwarf town of Pondtrees has been annihilated! Apparently Dull's band caught wind of the town guard leaving post to participate in wargames with the Mountain Dwarf Camper host, and arranged for Azuma to teleport a small strike team inside the walls. Once in, your allies revealed exactly why the mountain dwarves fear and hate them so much! They are werebeasts!

About 30 of Dull's inner circle, including both of your children who travel with him, turned into a herd monstrous and nigh unstoppable carnivorous equine monsters and proceeded to slaughter every living thing save for one another. You later learn that that the entire massacre was masterminded by your daughter Sukina.

The enemy responds by putting the town of Great Noses, which is still recovering from being conquered by Azuma and added to the empire, under siege.

7.3 CS:

Misery and woe! Your son Toraburumēkā has been slain! Queen Mother Kelp-Yarg swooped down from nowhere on her giant albatross, and cut your child down right in the middle of his camp! Eyewitness accounts claim that he was struck once with a pitch black weapon that is either a very long knife or a very short sword. The wound appeared superficial, until Toraburumēkā began to melt like wax exposed to a flame.

The following day, Sukina, the widow and twin sister of the deceased, appears at the divine dwelling to scatter the ashes of her love. You watch your daughter say goodbye in silence, before it strikes you that perhaps now is one of those moments you have to step up and be a mother.

A: Cry with your daughter, so that you may both move closer to moving past the great loss.
B: Confront your daughter over her massacre of Pondtrees.
C: Confront your daughter over her being a werebeast.
D: Praise your daughter's efforts in the war so far.
E: Encourage your daughter to avenge your son.
F: Ask about the elephant mounted siege weapon invented by your late son.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 12, 2018, 12:24:22 pm »

A

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 12, 2018, 12:29:27 pm »

A
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 12, 2018, 01:05:49 pm »

A
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 03:52:15 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 81