Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The bell tolls! How close the doomsday is?

2 turns.
- 1 (16.7%)
3 turns.
- 0 (0%)
4 turns.
- 0 (0%)
5 turns.
- 2 (33.3%)
6 turns and above.
- 0 (0%)
For whom the bell tolls?
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Witch-hunt: Act 1 - The Trail of Blood [6/6]  (Read 16384 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Witch-hunt: Act 1 - The Trail of Blood [6/6]
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2018, 11:16:00 am »

I'm betting 3(+-1) turns. Turn 1, Zamira gets to the caravan. Turn 2, something creepy happens, Zamira fails a perception roll, and the suspense builds. Turn 3, some nightmarish horror murders her immediately.

Also, I like how everyone but Ferro ignored Castel. Expect sass from her.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2018, 11:18:30 am »

Asher thinks that getting everyone to safety is more important, so he didn't even hear her. Also, Dark, mind setting up a betting pole?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2018, 11:20:46 am »

^Betting pool on how long until they die starts now. You don't go off into evil witch land alone.

Says the guy who almost died in the first turns.  :P

I would say it's safer outside because there are no murderous guards there.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2018, 11:23:18 am »

Well, only for some. For the moment, they only really seem concerned with Sheddan. They probably don't pose much threat to everyone else, especially Zamria and Castel, who left the inn around the same time and thus probably don't have the attention of the innkeeper.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2018, 11:23:45 am »

Outside perhaps, but they're going straight into where the last guys died. If nothing else, there's probably something big and scary snacking on the corpses.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2018, 11:32:09 am »

I guess, but we will probably also progress the plot, which is always a good thing. Also Zamira leaving gives me an IC reason to follow her. And he was also interested in looting the remains of the caravan.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2018, 11:53:08 am »

It gives me a reason to follow as well, getting the loot before he dies so I can give it to the orphans and widows of the men on that expedition so that they don't die without someone to provide for them. Also maybe to stab someone for being really immoral.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2018, 01:10:13 pm »

It gives me a reason to follow as well, getting the loot before he dies so I can give it to the orphans and widows of the men on that expedition so that they don't die without someone to provide for them. Also maybe to stab someone for being really immoral.
Alright. If a monster shows up I'll make sure to immediately throw you towards it as bait then.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2018, 01:17:37 pm »

Alright. If a monster shows up I'll make sure to immediately throw you towards it as bait then.
I agree with this plan.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2018, 01:27:54 pm »

I agree with this plan.
Actually, Asher would more likely stay behind to tend to the wounded bartender, and look at the blood curse. Also, that offering he promised to the gods.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2018, 01:38:36 pm »

I'm just saying that you really seem to have very low hopes for the team's main fighters, especially considering one of them is a mighty glacier tank and the other is an evasive damage dealer. And it's probably just because Asher almost died for touching cursed blood and you want everyone to be as easily killable.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2018, 02:09:54 pm »

I'm just saying that you really seem to have very low hopes for the team's main fighters, especially considering one of them is a mighty glacier tank and the other is an evasive damage dealer. And it's probably just because Asher almost died for touching cursed blood and you want everyone to be as easily killable.
Why do you feel like being antagonist to me even now? We had our differences in UH, but I don't want to argue here.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2018, 02:24:33 pm »

Actually, thinking about it, everyone ignoring Castel and going off to the caravan without saying anything would probably be also a good IC excuse for Castel to say "ah, screw them" and stay behind. How nice, I don't have to think about an excuse.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2018, 02:26:44 pm »

What? I'm not doing anything like that. I sometimes think you may be a little bit rude or rash, but I'm not trying to antagonize your or anything. If I said something that bothered you, I'm sorry. I guess I didn't notice? I think it might be because I was a little angry at your suggestion to vote in how many turns we're going to die, as if you already considered us dead and I may have said something that could have been interpreted in a wrong way. Sorry.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2018, 02:47:28 pm »

What? I'm not doing anything like that. I sometimes think you may be a little bit rude or rash, but I'm not trying to antagonize your or anything. If I said something that bothered you, I'm sorry. I guess I didn't notice? I think it might be because I was a little angry at your suggestion to vote in how many turns we're going to die, as if you already considered us dead and I may have said something that could have been interpreted in a wrong way. Sorry.
Apology accepted. I suppose I may just be a bit defensive. I'm not imaging us all as dead though. I just think, based on the fact it took one turn for two of us to be in a deadly scenario, that the person who went off alone, specifically to the witch's last attack area, might die pretty soon. Going off alone is never a good idea, and seeking out the monster is bad for a normal player, especially a thief, who should focus on suprise.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15