Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The bell tolls! How close the doomsday is?

2 turns.
- 1 (16.7%)
3 turns.
- 0 (0%)
4 turns.
- 0 (0%)
5 turns.
- 2 (33.3%)
6 turns and above.
- 0 (0%)
For whom the bell tolls?
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Witch-hunt: Act 1 - The Trail of Blood [6/6]  (Read 16421 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Witch-hunt: Act 1 - The Trail of Blood [6/6]
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2018, 02:32:18 pm »

((I think you all might be misinterpreting things. I'm pretty sure the paper in question is a blank piece of paper handed over by Silvia Asher, who recognized Ferro was mute, but initially did not know he was illiterate as well.

Also, Glass, just FYI: your chosen text color is almost invisible in the default theme. I suggest using a hex code for a slightly darker color: for example, this is color #87CEEB, including the number sign.))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:44:48 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2018, 02:33:01 pm »

Asher looked embarrassed, rubbing the back of his neck as light red color dusted his face. "Oh," he said, "yes, that would make sense." He picked up the paper he had written out and spoke aloud "Hello, I am Asher Argent, son of the duke of heights, well met good sir knight. Pray tell, what is your name?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2018, 02:39:57 pm »

[Sorry, Tarran. Changed it to my usual baseline cyan. I just use the dark theme for everything; looks better, imo.]
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2018, 02:45:10 pm »

Just poetry? Bah!

Ferro dumps the rest of the ale over his helmet and slams his mug against the table.

And these were my lasts coins...

When Asher asks, Ferro stays silent. He couldn't remember the last time he said anything, so he assumed he had done a vow of silence years ago. His father was a priest, after all. Still, the vow had lost it's meaning. it couldn't hurt to try.

A strange, deep  and almost inaudible sound echoes from the armor as Ferro bends in pain from inside.

"...Ferro..."

Hell, my throat hurts. I need a damn drink...

Apparently, it DOES hurt to try.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:48:04 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2018, 02:49:05 pm »

"...Ferro..."
*raises eyebrow*
*flips through one of her books*
*stops on a page depicting a mouth, reads over it for a moment*
So, sir, how long have you been cursed?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2018, 02:58:15 pm »

(OOC note: Ferro's helmet covers his whole head, except for the eyeholes. From which he has been drinking ale.)

Ferro grunts again, but there is a hint of anger in his noises.

If you knew how it feels to be exiled from society... My whole life has been a curse...
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2018, 03:04:38 pm »

Shedden watches Denise with amused wariness until she eventually calms down, halfheartedly chewing on his wooden foot.

"Sorry about that. Anyway, would you like a straw, my armored friend? It might be a touch more efficient than your current method, but I wouldn't presume to tell you your business."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:06:41 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2018, 03:11:26 pm »

As the only person without coin of his own, he would just remain silent and watch the others. It wasn't that he couldn't earn the coin. Indeed, the one man he helped by catching the thieving pirate offered him a reward for doing so. No, he wanted to make his own meal, and that meant hunting down a new piece of prey.
The only times he ever brought coin to town from the stash near his camp was for maintaining his bow, which needed fresh strings every now and then, and getting supplies like metal and stone that his own profession as a woodsman would not bring in. He looked to the pirate with curiosity, both at her origin and the nature of her former "employment".

"So, what brings a pirate from so far away to this particular place? Trying to find a cove for your smugglers, or did they mutiny and you only escaped with your life?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2018, 03:14:15 pm »

Ferro wordlessly flips the empty mug in the air. He gives a curious look to the crocodile, but doesn't react to it.

...Where did all this people come from? I just wanted to drink in peace. Not that it matters, I'm out of money and ale...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:21:49 pm by randomgenericusername »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2018, 03:21:04 pm »

...Where did all this people come from? I just wanted to drink in peace. Not that it matters, I'm out of money and ale...
[Was this actual speech or think-speech? It wasn't italicized like everything else.]

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2018, 03:22:58 pm »

(Fixed. Ferro isn't going to talk anytime soon, so assume everything is thinking unless explicitly said so.)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2018, 03:24:19 pm »

Asher regarded the man they referred to as Ferro curiously, "So, you are mute, but not deaf..." Asher questioned, "good sir knight, have you ever heard of sign language?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2018, 03:27:59 pm »

Ferro shakes his head. He had no clue what this consisted of. He wasn't a very smart knight, prefering to break and crush things instead of trying to understand them.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2018, 03:29:28 pm »

Do those gauntlets look to you like they're going to allow for the gestures needed in sign language, Asher? I'd be surprised if he can do anything other than grab and release a weapon with those on.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2018, 03:30:33 pm »

Asher responded thoughtfully, "well it would certainly be easier to attempt that than to attempt writing." "Besides," he added, "a college of mine created a modified form of sign language to be used by patients with similarly poor motor skills."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:33:08 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15