Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The bell tolls! How close the doomsday is?

2 turns.
- 1 (16.7%)
3 turns.
- 0 (0%)
4 turns.
- 0 (0%)
5 turns.
- 2 (33.3%)
6 turns and above.
- 0 (0%)
For whom the bell tolls?
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Witch-hunt: Act 1 - The Trail of Blood [6/6]  (Read 16410 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Witch-hunt: Act 1 - The Trail of Blood [6/6]
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2018, 01:59:05 pm »

You don't take a fortune to an adventure - you should take only enough to be able to pay for an inn and supplies.

So that'd be no more than: 25 gold coins or 5 krones, or 1250 Florins.
Oh my goodness, it costs golds for an inn and supplies? It seems like I may need to make modifications, as I massively overestimated the value of a gold coin. For reference, how much could Castel have even gotten had I stuck her with 11 silver coins?

Anyway, modifying my sheet because she clearly needs more money, and adding bandages to her sheet, because in retrospect an adventurer who relies on melee would probably have some way to heal themselves when they're alone.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2018, 03:14:13 pm »

Alright, so I'm going to update all the sheets. I could've done it earlier, but it's Easter and I'm a Catholic swine. Also, have a happy Easter!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2018, 03:15:09 pm »

Isn't that supposed to be tomorrow, though?

I'm confused... :-\
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2018, 03:17:38 pm »

Timezones, I guess?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2018, 03:19:28 pm »

Timezones, I guess?
Probably.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2018, 03:25:44 pm »

In that case...hey Dark! What's the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow? We'll split the winnings on Monday.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2018, 04:09:56 pm »

Easter starts from Easter Vigil, I posted straight outta it, when I had reached home.

I'm in CET (or GMT+1 if you prefer).

All character sheets have been updated. Waitlisters can modify their equipment at any time if they leave a notification.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2018, 04:47:05 pm »

Can I put a map of the area in my inventory before we start?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2018, 08:47:46 pm »

...Darkbog forests weren't explored in a really long time.

It's basically a venture into unknown, full of occult witchery, magical and mundane threats, corruption and other stuff you're yet to find.

I don't think that any maps have been made of the area. You could make a makeshift one on the way, so bring some parchment scrolls.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2018, 10:10:01 pm »

So Dark... when do you think we'll start?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2018, 11:55:58 am »

Witch-hunt
Prologue

The cold northern wind blown subtly, giving an uncomfotable feeling similar to one of being slowly submerged in chill water. A sign of incoming Autumn and it's torrential rains, a relieving yet at the same time menacing alternative to scorching Summer of this year. Nightfall, it was just after the sundown. There are no cities or villages along the Wolf's Road, the main trade route from Erdhen to Iseth. Luckily taverns provided shelter and good night's rest. A traveller rode hastily towards The Witching Cauldron, a large and luxurious tavern located one day's travel from dreaded Darkbog forest. He left his horse in stables, and entered the inn. It was a handsome young man with golden hair and eyes, a bit taller than most folk seen in Iseth. He looked around the spacious room that was gently lit with lanterns and candles, trying to spot any empty tables. Most of them were occupied by other wanderers and merchants from all around Tenath - they may be keen on selling something in the morning.

Then he had spotted an empty table where someone left a set of strange armour, and after paying a silver coin for his stay (without taking back the change) moved to it. The young man took a seat on a chair and the armour started moving! The traveller was completely frightened of awakening a magical construct, but then he noticed dark blue eyes visible through helmet's eyeholes. It was a lone warrior, a hulking brute wearing a full set of strange rock-like armour tied around with chains. The young man introduced himself, Asher Argent was his name, and he was a doctor and the son of Heights Keep duke. The armoured brute remained completely silent and only looked at Asher. He quickly realised that the man is mute, and looked around the room for something that he could write with.

Asher noticed a woman scribbling something in her notebook. She had red hair and exceptionally pale skin. Her clothing and the way she held a pen in her hand suggested that she was a scholarly person. The doctor approached her, introduced himself and asked for a sheet from her notebook and for a pen. Silvia Auric, as this was the woman's name, noticed Asher's necklace and that there was something unusual about it. She agreed to give him what he asked for, but in return he'd have to tell her about his golden necklace.

As the two left the table and moved towards the armoured man, Asher felt that his pocket became somewhat lighter. He ignored the sensation and moved on, but then someone yelled to stop, ran up to a middle-aged, dark skinned woman in ragged and ill-matched clothing and dragged her back to Asher. The man quickly divulged her name - she was known as Zamira Drakashka, and she was a sword for hire. The woman explained that she only wanted to check whether she still has the rogue-ish knack for thievery and wanted to return Asher the money later. Silvia suggested that the man should be rewarded, but he refused to take anything and wanted to spend the evening with them in turn. His name was Alvin Heksal and he was a hunter and woodsman living on the outskirts of local swamp. Seeing that Asher and Silvia attract so much attention, Zamira asked if she could stay with them as well, because she felt that things may get even more interesting. They agreed, and then they all moved on.

When they all finally sat by the armoured man, a great ruckus ensued upstairs! Turning back, they were able to see a crocodile smashing through doors of one of the rooms and jauntily flop down the stairs! A scarred man in commoner's garb, with light brown skin and peg foot sloppily followed downstairs and chased the reptile around the room for a while, shouting it's name! He finally caught Denise - the crocodile, but the tavern keeper screamed furiously that he should pay for damaged doors and leave his inn. A blonde priest that was sitting with a very young, attractive and muscular woman was laughing in tears. He insisted that the man and his crocodile should stay inside. The tavern keeper agreed, on condition that he'd keep an eye on his pet. However, Denise ran up to the group sitting with armoured man and tried to jump on his lap! The man ran up to them, apologised and wanted to take his crocodile back to their room, but Denise was stubborn. It seemed that he would have to spend the evening with them. He introduced himself as Shedden, the crocodile doctor living in outer Darkbog forest.

Asher could finally take a sheet of paper and pen from Silvia, then handed them to the armoured man. However, not only he couldn't write or read, but it seemed that he wasn't listening to them at all! Then it striked Asher that the man was not only mute, but also deaf and illiterate! Looking at his armour, Silvia suggested that they should call him Ferro.

And so they were drinking, talking and laughing, until someone took out a short poem which mentioned the Darkbog Witch, written by an unknown traveller:

And Lo! I saw a fair lady,
Mustn't bow, she took me to a grove shady.
To a forest far away, stricken with murderous night,
Where darkness obscures the way, in the air a poisonous blight.
To a dread wilderness, filled with terrifying disgust,
A venture into nothingness, where no man can last.
But to follow afraid not, by her hand I was led,
Until my flesh rot, and I was dead.

After reading which, the decided to discuss the myths.

GM Notes

So Dark... when do you think we'll start?

How about now?

TLDR;

You can now speak IC about the witch, or talk with waitlisters (that were mentioned very briefly). You can make up a lot of details, since those would be just myths.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:00:28 pm by Dark One »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2018, 12:04:22 pm »

Asher looked over to the poem's reader, a bit puzzled."Well, that was... interesting. I suppose that was about the local witch, wasn't it?" he asked.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2018, 01:30:17 pm »

Ferro grabs the mug he had and dumps it over it's head, drinking the ale through the small holes in the helmet.

...So, it's about the Dark Bog Witch, huh? Could it be...?

Ferro grunts and points to the paper, as if asking for someone to read it aloud.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2018, 02:19:57 pm »

I think he wants the poem read again. Very well then.

And Lo! I saw a fair lady,
Mustn't bow, she took me to a grove shady.
To a forest far away, stricken with murderous night,
Where darkness obscures the way, in the air a poisonous blight.
To a dread wilderness, filled with terrifying disgust,
A venture into nothingness, where no man can last.
But to follow afraid not, by her hand I was led,
Until my flesh rot, and I was dead.

Not the most pleasant poem, I must say, I prefer the "The Huntsman's Tale".
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:23:49 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2018, 02:27:38 pm »

*amusedly* I think he wanted to know what you had written for him, actually.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:39:08 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15