Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A! (and Hub?)  (Read 54015 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A!
« Reply #195 on: July 01, 2018, 04:08:52 pm »

Not in Eldrican's eyes, nope.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 02, 2018, 11:34:10 pm »

You know since our army has generally been one of the more invested parts of our nation since it was reformed into a professional standing force I'm wondering what kind of reputation our army has both in our Empire and in the countries surrounding us?

Also since the three Lauthbasian groups [Felosians, Methiantese, and Ceodwellions if I'm remembering correctly?] have been subsumed back into one nation have we seen any movement towards the three cultures fusing back into a singular Lauthbas culture or even just any cultural change in general? Though I will admit I wouldn't be surprised if there hasn't been much going on since it hasn't really been that long since the two other groups became our subjects.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 11:36:20 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 02, 2018, 11:54:53 pm »

You know since our army has generally been one of the more invested parts of our nation since it was reformed into a professional standing force I'm wondering what kind of reputation our army has both in our Empire and in the countries surrounding us?

Also since the three Lauthbasian groups [Felosians, Methiantese, and Ceodwellions if I'm remembering correctly?] have been subsumed back into one nation have we seen any movement towards the three cultures fusing back into a singular Lauthbas culture or even just any cultural change in general? Though I will admit I wouldn't be surprised if there hasn't been much going on since it hasn't really been that long since the two other groups became our subjects.

It has a valid reputation of being fearsome, although Eldricans (and by proxy, Lametania/Rucus) believe they can beat you up with sheer allied numbers if it comes to blows.

If anything, the dominant culture will become Methiantese, replacing the other two and ultimately becoming the 'new' Luathbasian culture.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 03, 2018, 11:23:58 am »

It has a valid reputation of being fearsome, although Eldricans (and by proxy, Lametania/Rucus) believe they can beat you up with sheer allied numbers if it comes to blows.

Those damn Damdamians/Damdamian lovers don't have a proper fear of our stubborn Luathbasian fury? *Prophet shakes fist* We'll correct that eventually! No one gets away with sullying the pride and honor of those of Lauthbas!

Anyway how much of a difference is there between Methiantese and the culture of Old Lauthbas?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 03, 2018, 01:11:30 pm »

Anyway how much of a difference is there between Methiantese and the culture of Old Lauthbas?

Luatbasians, for example, did not host plays or mingle with non-Pantheonists, for example :P

Soon enough, all resemblance to Luathbas will be in nothing but its roots and old family traditions. Sad, but inevitable, c'est la vie v;
SigFlags!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 03, 2018, 11:34:09 pm »

I refuse to believe it's inevitable! Lauthbas forever! This is surely some evil Damdamian plot! We must return to the true Lauthbasian way! The non-Pantheonist must be cleansed As soon as Ruberta dies my votes are going straight for reclaiming our rightful Lauthbasian land from Eldrican! That was the last condition we needed for restoring the title of Lauthbas right?

Also what do our people think of Damdamians and their crappy Damed Worship? I hope they hate them as much as I do.

Also also what do people think of Cyl I now that he's been died for a while? How does his memory live on?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:37:05 pm by Prophet »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 03, 2018, 11:59:08 pm »

Also also what do people think of Cyl I now that he's been died for a while? How does his memory live on?

He was Great, they're sure at least of that.
SigFlags!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 04, 2018, 12:18:59 am »

Hmm. How is our army organized? Like I know it's a professional army but it'd be cool to know more details on it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 04, 2018, 05:58:23 am »

Has Damed Worship worship, at least that in our southlands, managed to calm down a bit from their kill all non humans stance? Or is that more or less still how it is?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 04, 2018, 08:27:12 am »

Hmm. How is our army organized? Like I know it's a professional army but it'd be cool to know more details on it.

It's professional army organized into professional smaller armies whom are divided into smaller units.

Yes, it's very professional like that.

Has Damed Worship worship, at least that in our southlands, managed to calm down a bit from their kill all non humans stance? Or is that more or less still how it is?

It still doesn't see nonhumans as anything better than trash (or cheap workforce, if they're feeling generous), but with Damdamian supernation having crashed into smaller units, so did the hardcore crusadery and super-authority of Cult of Damed break apart.

If anything, any central religious authority is located in Damedia, but it doesn't have the same amount of political power in secular states surrounding it as it had in the past.
SigFlags!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 04, 2018, 10:49:37 pm »

You know now that I think of it... what is the Pantheonist stance on non-humans exactly? I know that it can't be negative since they've never complained about our dealings with them in the past but I've also never heard their thoughts on them before either.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 05, 2018, 08:51:51 am »

You know now that I think of it... what is the Pantheonist stance on non-humans exactly? I know that it can't be negative since they've never complained about our dealings with them in the past but I've also never heard their thoughts on them before either.

No idea to be honest. It's a NTOT V: (never thought of that).

I think someone asked this question in very first SPAMKINGDOM, or at least a question very similar to this. Check maybe there?
SigFlags!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 05, 2018, 12:26:39 pm »

I didn't found in the first game

but in the second I found this

It turns out that many of Pantheonists from old Luathbas are clashing heads with the more and more strict Singularists, and the product of it was Acceptant heresy. Preached at first by elderly Singularist priest who converted, Suis of Einvad, within last year the heretical movement had reached almost ten thousand followers in the southern cities.

Acceptant heresy preaches that the Singularist faith had forgotten its roots, and had eschewed the tolerant and open-minded tendencies of many orders and temples of Pantheon, instead steering into totalitarian bent like the xenophobic Cult of Damed. 'Acceptants' are more accepting (hence the name) to those of different faith, different preferences for love, foreigners from different places, as well as happily allow Hurthling and Dwarven worshippers and even acolytes (not that many join, though).

It maybe answer that pantheonists are tolerant or open minded to it.

But that raise another question

did the acceptant heresy became the rule of the singularists? it is still a minor religion?  only exist in Ceodwell? Got forgotten by the GM and the hearts of the people and died?  :P

I remember that "shortly" after this we got a problem with singularists and heresy guys and decided to exile a large portion of both, and ceodwellians adopted them and mocked us
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 05, 2018, 01:31:53 pm »

did the acceptant heresy became the rule of the singularists? it is still a minor religion?  only exist in Ceodwell? Got forgotten by the GM and the hearts of the people and died?  :P

I remember that "shortly" after this we got a problem with singularists and heresy guys and decided to exile a large portion of both, and ceodwellians adopted them and mocked us

Nope, Acceptants kinda lost all its ground during the 'Warlord Age' between Tven and Methiant, when the Alldivines brought in their warrior-priests and pragmatic teachings. Singularists did mellow out a bit, but are still less tolerant than Pantheonists (and that's why Singularists are the third and smallest of all 3 Methiantese religions at the moment).
SigFlags!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 05, 2018, 11:10:47 pm »

How is the religious situation in the Empire doing lately anyway? Like how is Pantheonism doing? Alldivines? The minor cults that used to be protected?.... Evil Damed worship?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35