Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A! (and Hub?)  (Read 53959 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A!
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2018, 01:09:26 pm »

Who are the Calvedonians?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2018, 01:12:03 pm »

Who are the Calvedonians?

Western inventors of Fireblood, who in SPAMKINGDOM+ sold some stuff to Tven (or did Tven spies got it? I don't remember), which allowed first Blackheart cannons to be produced. The trade lasted for only a while but was enough to help kickstart Fireblood making in this region.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2018, 01:25:03 pm »

Hmm. Is there anything unique or 'strange' about the Luathbasian cultures/peoples that make them stick out from the neighboring peoples? Like the Parsians, Damdamians, and even the Eldricans to some extent seem to be quite culturally different from us so it'd be kinda cool to know how Luathbasians look to them. Also how have the Gupta been doing since we kicked Parsia's ass for them? Also also how do they feel about us after we kicked Parsia's teeth in?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2018, 01:31:23 pm »

Hmm. Is there anything unique or 'strange' about the Luathbasian cultures/peoples that make them stick out from the neighboring peoples? Like the Parsians, Damdamians, and even the Eldricans to some extent seem to be quite culturally different from us so it'd be kinda cool to know how Luathbasians look to them. Also how have the Gupta been doing since we kicked Parsia's ass for them? Also also how do they feel about us after we kicked Parsia's teeth in?

Luathbasians are source of warriors and magnet for strange beings since time immemorial, so sayeth foreign books (and that's why you should be wary of Luathbasians).

Gubta are busy recovering... and stuff. I don't think they've noticed your assistance.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2018, 01:41:46 pm »

So basically they think we're a bunch of weirdo pagan warriors or something like that?  :P
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2018, 02:48:06 pm »

So basically they think we're a bunch of weirdo pagan warriors or something like that?  :P

Yeah. You're pre-Charlemagne Saxons with Celtic vibes :P
SigFlags!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2018, 02:57:16 pm »

That's actually pretty awesome. Though I think we beat who ever this world's Charlemagne is to the whole Empire business. Unless Cyl would count as this world's Charlemagne? Cause I'm pretty sure the Damdamians were suppose to be kinda like this world's Romans and their empire was kinda collapsing when Cyl came around to start punching everyone's teeth in. Though that make this a little early for him to be a Charlemagne figure.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:00:26 pm by Prophet »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2018, 03:32:41 pm »

That's actually pretty awesome. Though I think we beat who ever this world's Charlemagne is to the whole Empire business. Unless Cyl would count as this world's Charlemagne? Cause I'm pretty sure the Damdamians were suppose to be kinda like this world's Romans and their empire was kinda collapsing when Cyl came around to start punching everyone's teeth in. Though that make this a little early for him to be a Charlemagne figure.

King Arthur then, with like 12 kids of Royal Table :P

And most of them died horribly too!
SigFlags!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2018, 04:29:28 pm »

Yeah sounds about right. Though Cyl was a lot better at surviving than King Arthur. Cause damn I was actually starting to think he'd find a way to live forever if he kept surviving on and on like he did. Like I'm pretty sure he's the oldest ruler we've ever had.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2018, 04:34:14 pm »

Yeah sounds about right. Though Cyl was a lot better at surviving than King Arthur. Cause damn I was actually starting to think he'd find a way to live forever if he kept surviving on and on like he did. Like I'm pretty sure he's the oldest ruler we've ever had.

Cyl specifically chose not to pursue longer life. I like to think on that day, the reaper breathed a sigh of relief.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2018, 04:36:52 pm »

Oldest 'player' character at age of death and longest-reigning ruler of SPAMKINGDOMs, yes ;v

From NPCs only Queen Dogethe of Cydwyl comes close; she died in 1125 IIRC and I remember having her fighting against Yoe I in 1081, and she succeeded to the throne in 1082 and if by 'late twenties' we take on her introduction as being about 28, that gives us ~43 years of rule and ~72 years old at time of death v;
SigFlags!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2018, 10:05:13 pm »

Read this as Spamkingdom H&H for a moment...
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2018, 09:31:19 pm »

Since we're roughly analogous to the pre-Charlemagne pagan Saxons with celtic influences do we have any religious traditions that seem particularly "strange" or "savage" to our southern/eastern/western neighbors? Well besides the whole conflicting Polytheism/Monotheism traditions that separate us and our southren/western neighbors. Not really including our northern neighbors since they seem pretty religiously similar to us.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 09:38:08 pm by Prophet »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2018, 12:02:48 am »

Since we're roughly analogous to the pre-Charlemagne pagan Saxons with celtic influences do we have any religious traditions that seem particularly "strange" or "savage" to our southern/eastern/western neighbors? Well besides the whole conflicting Polytheism/Monotheism traditions that separate us and our southren/western neighbors. Not really including our northern neighbors since they seem pretty religiously similar to us.

Pantheonism also makes use of sacrifices of animals. No one else around here does that, except Parsians (who sacrifice bulls and donkeys specifically).
SigFlags!

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2018, 06:03:12 am »

I have a question about marriage, specifically whom'st(?) dynasty children belong to.
Most of the time children will always belong to the dynasty of the male, but sometimes they belong to the female although that is rare.
You would need a special marriage for that to happen. How does this go in Spamkingdom? does this work the same?

In the case of our current female ruler will the child be of her dynasty(i actually don't know the name of her dynasty) or of Cyl
Also since bjern died his wife (Empress Ruberta I) is now the ruler, but she is from a different dynasty then bjern meaning that his dynasty (also dont know the name) is going to end with his daughter Rinilda
so we have 3 dynasty's 1 is of Rinilda 1 of Ruberta and 1 from Cyl.
seeing as 2 of these three dynasty lines could abruptly end could there be conflict? And how important are the dynasty lines in this world?
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35