Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A! (and Hub?)  (Read 53812 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A!
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2018, 03:58:29 pm »

What are wizards, anyway?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2018, 03:58:46 pm »

Yeah. I actually can't get enough of SPAMKINGDOM. It's probably why I'm usual all for posting in the SPAMGAMES that seemed to start popping up in waves after you gave us the SPAMKINGDOM masterpiece. Also I could actually see the future SPAMKINGDOM people making historical dramas about the SPAMKINGDOM time periods.  :P That is if magic doesn't decide to come back for revenge before they can make get stuff like TVs and other media used to view historical dramas that is.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 04:00:35 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2018, 04:00:09 pm »

So if Pantheonism has the "most" working mysticism, what are the Alldivine strengths, if any, regarding the supernatural?

Same for the Eleven Graces? Heck, maybe just some background on the Graces, they are apparently popular enough to have a court presence in the "new star" event but I recall no lore about their actual beliefs.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2018, 04:01:17 pm »

It's like in Lord of the Rings, I think, where they're weird angelic beings knocking about since the dawn of the world as we know it, incredibly powerful but also mercurial and distant for the most part.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2018, 04:04:33 pm »

Also if magic ever does decide to come back and !WAM! humanity back into some tribal dark age or something like that then I should remember to focus on magic instead of technology. I'll never let the temptation of the gun lure me away from the honor of the sword again!  :'(
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2018, 04:05:03 pm »

It's like in Lord of the Rings, I think, where they're weird angelic beings knocking about since the dawn of the world as we know it, incredibly powerful but also mercurial and distant for the most part.
I know my LotR, but since I'm assuming this setting doesn't have an Eru or Maiar I was hoping for more specifics.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2018, 04:13:38 pm »

Hum, I have an important question.
How is it that Cyl lived so long?!?
I mean, he basically antagonized everyone around and spent a good amount of his time fighting, but somehow he reached his 70! Is he secretly a dwarf? Surviving out of sheer spite for his ennemies?

Sorceress' blessing raised minimum age cap by 10 years, so I do 'random sleep death from old age' ticks only since Cyl turned 50.

Meanwhile, RNG blessed your rolls in just right moments for Cyl (and, as we see from history, to the misfortune of most of his kids).

Wizards are demigods and servants of good, wandering around and nurturing morality in rulers and leaders by guiding them to do good deeds. They are also means to protect humans from getting hurt by magic too much (or by being tainted by it).

Sorceresses are demigoddesses and servants of dark, wandering around and showing that through excesses, vice and money, you can get everything. Their spells also strengthen the world magic in local area, inevitably causing a spike in monsters, disasters and such.

So if Pantheonism has the "most" working mysticism, what are the Alldivine strengths, if any, regarding the supernatural?

Same for the Eleven Graces? Heck, maybe just some background on the Graces, they are apparently popular enough to have a court presence in the "new star" event but I recall no lore about their actual beliefs.

While northwestern faiths are based on Pantheonism and thus have magical ties to nature and arcane, southeastern faiths come from philosophy and astronomy (and astrology, and herbalism, and other doctor's stuffs). Thus, it's more common to see an Eleven astrologer giving Kings a horoscope, while Priests of Love of the Pantheon are performing a ritual to help the King's son get kids after multiple failures.

Alldivine, its roots obviously coming from southeastern philosophies, has almost nil supernatural strengths. They do a lot of martial discipline, strengthening of oneself, as well as herbalism and medicine instead, all very alluring things for peasants who want to protect their families from all those mini warlords and petty despots that popped up in the region since early 1000s.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2018, 04:15:34 pm »

See totally a peasants religion. Pantheonism is totally best religion!  :P

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2018, 07:08:54 pm »

What exactly is the nature of the dispute between the elves and dwarves? I remember even very early in the game that Houlandin II's wife was deeply offended by our dealing with dwarves, and especially so when we commissioned an artifact.

Related question, what goes into making an artifact?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 07:10:26 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2018, 07:31:12 pm »

I am guessing for the Dwarves, they put elves in their Artifact, and the Elves put Dwarves.  :P

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2018, 07:39:08 pm »

See totally a peasants religion. Pantheonism is totally best religion!  :P

Mysticism and magic are on the way out. Science and democracy for the win!  :P

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2018, 07:41:21 pm »

Mysticism and magic are on the way out. Science and democracy for the win!  :P
Whoa, whoa, who said anything about democracy? Democracy is a passing fad. Haven't we already seen that with the Damdamians?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2018, 08:06:38 pm »

Mysticism and magic for life! Democracy is a lie! The peasants have no rights!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 08:11:28 pm by Prophet »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2018, 10:23:22 pm »

Before it turns into a war

Refined tuna oil cosmetic cream.

And I'm still a bit unsure how did something this simple get such attention. It started as half-assed attempt at suggestion game and I was going to discard it in few days and move on to something else.

So much that even I Gm'ed (?) a bit of a spamkingdom of my own with some of my friends here in Brazil, and some of then liked a lot the minimalist details and i won't be surprised if someday one of them starts making his own, you created a virus haspen, it will take over the world

So we will never see a human mage, but we can help into increasing magic in regions

we can now set a list of priorities (and we need to discover this info in game by the mouth of a wizard or sorcerer)

1) influence the studies of the arcane so it keep into the minds of folks

2) protect and maintain alive other races

3) amass a fuckton of money and hire sorceress every now and then (HEY WE SHOULD ASK FOR AN MYSTICAL BEAST NEXT TIME, BUT ASK FOR A BEAST THAT WE CAN BREED WITH OUR HORSES, OR LIVE A LONG TIME SO WE CAN ASK FOR A FEMALE)

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2018, 11:57:37 pm »

What exactly is the nature of the dispute between the elves and dwarves? I remember even very early in the game that Houlandin II's wife was deeply offended by our dealing with dwarves, and especially so when we commissioned an artifact.

It goes beyond AD; elves took 'woven' magic as theirs, using non invasive methods to procure magic stuff from surrounding nature. Dwarves on other hand do with blood sacrifices and plow through the dirt and rock in search for magical minerals. After many, many disputes about these fundamental differences, elves got pissed and started fighting with dwarves, and because dwarves are stubborn, elves easily offended, and the two are both long-lived and believe their magic is 'superior' to the other, the conflict now last for over a thousand years ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35