Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A! (and Hub?)  (Read 53960 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A!
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2018, 02:20:26 pm »

What do you mean v:

We were going for a reputation as a solid friend who would help you out, but if you crossed him he would make sure you regretted it. Is that what neighbouring rulers thought of him or did they think something else?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2018, 02:23:03 pm »

It's more of regular politics question, but no, at time of Cyl's death most of Methiantese neighbours viewed Yoean dynasty as short-tempered, greedy and slightly bit paranoid, so they preferred to keep relations simple and don't mingle too much with the royals except to provide kids and maybe get a shot at inheriting the vast empire. ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2018, 02:34:02 pm »

Short tempered and a bit (rightfully imo) paranoid seems fair. I'm not sure about greedy, unless that's the trade commission only, but the npcs are generally all really greedy, so I guess it's not surprising that they see that in others.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2018, 12:16:22 pm »

Hmm. What is the internal politics of Methiant looking like right now? Like besides the position of Monarch how do we organize the rest of the country's power structure? Are we still under a mostly feudal system? Do we appoint people to positions of power or is everything inherited? Do the Hurthlings have their own local Hurthling leaders who report to us or is it completely run under human/Methiantese management? How is Eval's chosen form of government going since they sworn vassalage under us?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 12:19:28 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2018, 01:35:03 pm »

Hmm. What is the internal politics of Methiant looking like right now? Like besides the position of Monarch how do we organize the rest of the country's power structure? Are we still under a mostly feudal system? Do we appoint people to positions of power or is everything inherited? Do the Hurthlings have their own local Hurthling leaders who report to us or is it completely run under human/Methiantese management? How is Eval's chosen form of government going since they sworn vassalage under us?

Since time immemorial (as in before the old Luathbas), we're in some sort of Administrative Monarchy where officials have power over aristocracy, and the administrative structure was/is:

Monarch -> The Council (The Advisor, The Marshal, etc etc) -> City administrators/Province governors -> subject village elders & noblemen with holdings

Any nobility was tied to old dynasties and was barons and counts and dukes only because they owned some lands or had shiny titles bestowed upon them. If they do try to exert power its about feuds over a particular farmland or hunting area or a valley or such.

Actual Dukes are the only people with power and are vassal rulers of a Kingdom; in Duchy of Eval, it's Council of Princes/Families/they're not even sure themselves. It's a ruling council, and that's important.

Any true feudal systems with dukes, counts, barons with both political and territorial power was and is present only in the west and north. And since last century, Holy Damdamian Empire but we know how that one ended.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 01:37:07 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2018, 02:19:12 pm »

So we're more like the pre-medieval empires in governance.
Still, it's clear from recent comparison to the culture of the Damdamians that our hereditary landed nobility enjoy a great deal of privilege – be it without much power – or responsibilities – relative to the unlanded classes.

How widespread are our research/educational institutions in the Empire? Do the Fireblood Court and House of Learning actively recruit/teach/study things all over, or are they just a couple of buildings in the capital where sufficiently interested wandering scholars sometimes apply for membership?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2018, 02:23:51 pm »

So we're more like the pre-medieval empires in governance.
Still, it's clear from recent comparison to the culture of the Damdamians that our hereditary landed nobility enjoy a great deal of privilege – be it without much power – or responsibilities – relative to the unlanded classes.

Yes, the noblemen or political persons do have priviledges, north from Methiant even more (is why they're so unwilling to give it up to administratively-bent governance).

How widespread are our research/educational institutions in the Empire? Do the Fireblood Court and House of Learning actively recruit/teach/study things all over, or are they just a couple of buildings in the capital where sufficiently interested wandering scholars sometimes apply for membership?

It's more like governmental institutions dedicated to national research. There are no public schools or universities in Methiant or anywhere near. Public schools are only in republican south. They do accept wandering scholars and pupils, but they mostly keep the study 'to Methiant and themselves' - they do not share fruits of research with commoners and definitely not with foreigners.
SigFlags!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2018, 10:37:17 pm »

Ah. I quite like our traditional form of government then. If I'm remembering right then animal sacrifice is accepted in Methiant so I'm wondering if Human sacrifice was ever a thing in Luathbas's ancient history or has it always been animals? Also what is the traditional view of slavery in the area? Also Also I know I've asked what other countries think of us in the past but I also want to know what our people think of the neighboring countries around us? Plus since we're loosely based on pre-Charlemagne Saxons [with some Celt vibes] do we have any laws/customs that are similar to old Germanic laws/customs like the Weregild?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:41:28 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2018, 11:50:46 pm »

Ah. I quite like our traditional form of government then. If I'm remembering right then animal sacrifice is accepted in Methiant so I'm wondering if Human sacrifice was ever a thing in Luathbas's ancient history or has it always been animals? Also what is the traditional view of slavery in the area? Also Also I know I've asked what other countries think of us in the past but I also want to know what our people think of the neighboring countries around us? Plus since we're loosely based on pre-Charlemagne Saxons [with some Celt vibes] do we have any laws/customs that are similar to old Germanic laws/customs like the Weregild?

No human sacrifice for Pantheon and it also views slavery as worst offense to gods. I dunno what's weregild is so it's not in Methiant either ;v
SigFlags!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2018, 11:56:40 pm »

I dunno what's weregild is so it's not in Methiant either ;v
Weregild is basically a fine for murder. It is the monetary price of a life.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2018, 03:21:05 pm »

SO hmmm,

does the firetube creation gave us any bonus somewhere on our nation?

It was said that special troops would use that, I laughed at the idea of a medieval black ops throwing granades and thinking about our shadowranks using it

but I never saw it being used anywhere. it was too small to count as a bonus on the army? or the first time the bonus was used we already had so many bonuses that we begun to get that "too many modifiers" every battle and we didn't saw how much it helped us?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2018, 08:26:47 pm »

I dunno what's weregild is so it's not in Methiant either ;v
Weregild is basically a fine for murder. It is the monetary price of a life.

Oooh.

Dungeon for non-royal murder, execution for regicide (funnily, this is the merciful of the two). Attempted or successful, doesn't matter in Methiant.
SigFlags!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2018, 01:30:13 pm »

So I just noticed that Ruberta seems to be the only child of ageing parents. I know they are people of some importance in Eldrican. What becomes of their lands and titles when they die off? Obviously we can't send our only son and future emperor to be heir to a lesser noble, but would Eldrican inheritance law allow Rinilda to take over for them?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2018, 01:34:56 pm »

They get given to other members of family with seniority and in the kingdom, if none are found, they go under direct rule of the Eldrican King.
SigFlags!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2018, 03:55:01 pm »

Would any of our kids have a claim to shake in the matter though?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35