Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: It Resonates  (Read 7369 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: It Resonates
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2018, 07:54:20 am »

Quote from: door
Cloning Machine

Ho hum...

"Offspring denied..."
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2018, 09:19:40 am »

Open the noisy door to my right. The one with the scrapping noises. If this place is inside me, shouldn't it be an empty hallway of doors without light? What intrusive entity has invaded my void and defaced it's perfect nothingness?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2018, 04:59:43 am »

Do porcelain dolls dream of electric sheep?

From his nap Tommy rose with a snap. "Oh, who is that?" he asked of a bat, flying away and toward the knight in armour tarred.
"Clad in tin yet so full of sin, why would you be away with this game that we play? Is it someone you serve or is it you with the nerve?
"'Tis not a nightmare, just a dream that we share; 'tis not unimportant, or if so, why do you hunt? Let us be real, I wish to appeal:
"A story need not end if fiction we ascend. I am but a doll, cut my strings and I'll fall, but I was never just pretend: for a girl I was a true godsend."
"Is it a fight you seek? Things may look bleak, and I am no fighter, but by the power of a writer, I won't back down before you see what you are: a clown!"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2018, 12:00:13 am »

((ROLLS))

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Once there was a stray knight
Who traveled far and near
He met a band of here-tics
and chopped their heads right off~

"Skullboy's stealing my look. Oh well."

Open the door to BREAKROOM
Spoiler: Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)

No door leads to a place, and what is a Breakroom but a place? Hmm?
Yaboi strides through the door and the center of the chamber breaks in two, a grand chasm opening up in the middle of everything.

[Partition: 5 (1d4+1)]
The knight, standing in the middle of the room, is totally unphased, now hovering over the gap on tiny thrusters.
[ENERGY -3]

Cloning Machine

Ho hum...

"Offspring denied..."
Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

[Resonance: 0 (1d8-1)]
You take the door into a clone of the normal room that you were already in. Ho-hum.

Open the noisy door to my right. The one with the scrapping noises. If this place is inside me, shouldn't it be an empty hallway of doors without light? What intrusive entity has invaded my void and defaced it's perfect nothingness?
Spoiler: randomgenericusername (click to show/hide)

Open a door...

Well it's... a three-legged, no-armed human corpse, crawling on the floor. Its skin is totally transparent, and its internal organs appear to have come from a variety of different creatures, far too large quantities of rotten viscera crammed into its bloated abdomen. The clear skin covering its face rips open with an unpleasant sound, revealing a maw full of uneven and dull, yet pointy teeth. Unknown liquid pours from some source you can't see, quickly pooling all over the floor and crawling up your legs. The thing doesn't so much roar as cough and slowly crawls towards you at a nonetheless startling pace.

Sigh... Size!
Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Size? Something you lack in at the moment~
[Resonance: 2 (1d10+1)]
Well, that's okay then, you just keep on trying to find a way to solve that.

Do porcelain dolls dream of electric sheep?

From his nap Tommy rose with a snap. "Oh, who is that?" he asked of a bat, flying away and toward the knight in armour tarred.
"Clad in tin yet so full of sin, why would you be away with this game that we play? Is it someone you serve or is it you with the nerve?
"'Tis not a nightmare, just a dream that we share; 'tis not unimportant, or if so, why do you hunt? Let us be real, I wish to appeal:
"A story need not end if fiction we ascend. I am but a doll, cut my strings and I'll fall-"
Spoiler: IcyTea31 (click to show/hide)

Narcissus doesn't even let you finish, just points his gun your way.
[Antiresonance: 5 (1d2+3)]
[Partition: 1 (1d2-1)]
Your white ceramic body does nothing to protect against the massive arcane-summoned bullet, and your fragile carapace shatters and flies apart at high speed.
[ENERGY: -12]

[1 Saturation generated] / [CRITICAL: MORPHOLOGY COMPROMISED] / [NEW MORPHOLOGY REQUIRED]

Now safe from peril, the Swarm resumes its endless hunt. It seems the next target is the skull-donning human. Pursue him.
Spoiler: Legendary Marksdorf (click to show/hide)

[Antiresonance: 3 (1d2+1)]
[Partition: 2 (1d2+1)]
[Antiresonance: 5 (1d2+3)
[Partition: 3 (1d2+2)

The heat and vibration from the shot cause Narcissus's blade to glow a bright crimson, and with one smooth motion he removes the blade with his other hand and prepares to strike.
The swarm was already hungry however, and covers him. Their aggression shines through in a brighter pure red, and the chamber pulses with apocalyptic light and they bite into his suit, drawing out its power.
[ENERGY: -5]
Narcissus brings his blade down to the ground, discharging its energy in a blast, causing the swarm considerable damage but not dislodging them entirely. The stay bits of cloth stuck to his suit are burned off, revealing pulsing conduits.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2018, 01:37:56 am »

Once upon a dark night
there was someone to fear
but unafraid of his worst tricks
the broken doll'd just scoff

The shell falls apart, revealing the heart 'midst a bundle of strings. It unfurls like wings, leaving trails of searing light. Oh, look at the beautiful sight!
Joined with strings outside the 'verse, the no-more-doll calls a reverse: "Go taste thy own medicine, thou villainous man of tin!" But if not for a doll, for whom doth the bell toll?
No-more-doll, no mere thrall, the strings knit to a powerful form: a legendary bird of storm, with feathers of wool yet the heart of a bull.
With naïvete let go, as though a stop-motion show, Tommy the thunderbird calls upon lightning absurd: the bolts he slings are no less made of strings!
Let strikes of felt Narcissus' armour smelt, his weapon bind, his defiance grind, nature's power 'pon him shower!

E: minor changes to tone and rhythm.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 02:50:18 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2018, 06:38:13 am »

Below the hard "skin", strange "veins" are revealed. The Swarm, driven by it's instinct, gnaws at the pulsing conduits which look much softer.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2018, 06:42:32 am »

Could you get off my character sheet, Mr. ER? Don't stain it red with senseless words.

Quickly grab the thing and suplex it, slamming and throwing it behind me. Then devour and consume it with the black void that I am. If it fails, just attack and kill it the normal way. I won't let anyone profane the sacred emptiness.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2018, 05:54:43 pm »

*shakes 8-ball*

Don't count on it - ER

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2018, 03:50:36 am »

"Dry in here."

Ocean

OPEN.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2018, 05:55:27 pm »

Harry and syv, post actions very soon or you'll be drooling this turn.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2018, 12:01:41 am »

Ugh, never mind. I have a headache and would rather launch into restarting P&P* rather than keep updating this.

*NOT A PROMISE. But probably.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2018, 04:51:03 am »

((Oh right, I was going to post an action but forgot. Whatever the status of the game, let the action rest here for posterity. Are you ready?))

Hit SKULLMAN with AXE.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2018, 09:22:37 am »

((Oh right, I was going to post an action but forgot. Whatever the status of the game, let the action rest here for posterity. Are you ready?))

Hit SKULLMAN with AXE.

You strike the pilot in the neck with your *Elk bone axe* and the severed part flies off in an ark!
The pilot has been struck down!

God applauds your effort and takes the helmet as tribute.

Once upon a dark night
there was someone to fear
but unafraid of his worst tricks
the broken doll'd just scoff

The shell falls apart, revealing the heart 'midst a bundle of strings. It unfurls like wings, leaving trails of searing light. Oh, look at the beautiful sight!
Joined with strings outside the 'verse, the no-more-doll calls a reverse: "Go taste thy own medicine, thou villainous man of tin!" But if not for a doll, for whom doth the bell toll?
No-more-doll, no mere thrall, the strings knit to a powerful form: a legendary bird of storm, with feathers of wool yet the heart of a bull.
With naïvete let go, as though a stop-motion show, Tommy the thunderbird calls upon lightning absurd: the bolts he slings are no less made of strings!
Let strikes of felt Narcissus' armour smelt, his weapon bind, his defiance grind, nature's power 'pon him shower!

Um okay, you can be a bird then. Thirsty gods know I've tried to become one once or twice.

O-oh, did you want to attack Narcissus? Were you expecting an awesome team-attack, with a whole three player characters teaming up to actually attack the objective? That would have been cool. I should have written that instead. But instead you're a bird and there's a head on the ground. Sigh.

Sure.

Step forwards, then.

Below the hard "skin", strange "veins" are revealed. The Swarm, driven by it's instinct, gnaws at the pulsing conduits which look much softer.

The swarm gnaws on the pulsing veins, consuming that potent "blood" called arcane. And in consuming, the swarm changes, also. Each member of Legion becomes gradually more aware of its surroundings as it eats, and grows, and becomes more... powerful. Until finally what we have is no longer a swarm, but a horde of independent mythical beasts, which conveniently exit stage left, through a couple unmarked (!!!) doors.

Could you get off my character sheet, Mr. ER? Don't stain it red with senseless words.

Quickly grab the thing and suplex it, slamming and throwing it behind me. Then devour and consume it with the black void that I am. If it fails, just attack and kill it the normal way. I won't let anyone profane the sacred emptiness.

You break that thing that was invading your personal space. Then you eat it, shoving it back into your personal space. Congrats, it is now still in the same place it was. Less moving though. Think you broke it.
Anyway I guess killing a thing lets you level up and you put something into Partition so that I don't have to keep shoving anything and everything (including yourself) into your poorly protected void.

"Dry in here."

Ocean

OPEN.

You find a plane that extends in every direction, even more eternally than you. The top half of the world is air, sun above, and the bottom half is sea, something below. But things float in that sea, little masses of land that swirl with life force, bringing things into being. Familiar things. Strange things. I could tell you a great deal more stories about that place, but not now. Now this story ends, and I start a new one with more guns.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170274.0

Apparently, the doors now function as exits. We've seen where two end up already, I wonder where the rest will go?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:45:13 am by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6