Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: One World (ISG/SG)  (Read 25605 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: One World (ISG)
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2018, 04:03:17 am »

Meanwhile, Drascomi says: "I don't think I've seen anyone with an orange mustache, no. I knew a guy with an orange goatee once, though. He was a knight in training and he bought a lot of fertility totems for some reason. I doubt that's who you're looking for."

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2018, 08:01:54 am »

One of the Imperial Soldiers stare at Drascomi, as if he have seen him somewhere before.

((Am I doing this right?))
((Yes))
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2018, 08:18:42 am »

The bartender goes to the back to check if all the mans with orange mustash he hide threre are still there and discoverone is missing
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2018, 02:07:11 pm »

The old man quietly tries to slip out of the tavern, but one of the guards notices a strange purple bag on his belt, stopping him in his tracks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2018, 05:27:07 am »

One of the guards does an interpretive dance to express his emotions and feelings about his current situation.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2018, 07:40:30 am »

You recall these soldiers, the Imperial Army... you haven't had a run in with them in a wee while... not since the... Incident... He he... It wasn't as if you even knew that conman was a job description...

As the soldier captain continues to pace, noone says anything.

hic... Hmmm?

Nothing.

Finally, the bartender speaks up in a concerned voice.

Bartender: "Uh, l-let me just go check on something real quick. I'll be right back."

He disappears to the back of the pub. Meanwhile, you recall someone from the past.

You: "I don't think I've seen anyone with an orange mustache, no. I knew a guy with an orange goatee once, though. He was a knight in training and he bought a lot of fertility totems for some reason. I doubt that's who you're looking for."
Inebriated Lass: "Fertility totems!? Heehee, who would buy such things!?"

One of the soldiers then finds an empty bottle of mustache dye under one of the tables.

Soldier: "Sir, I found something."

The soldier captain examines the bottle.

Soldier Captain: "An empty bottle of mustache dye...? That means... his mustache could be any color now!"

The bartender then returns, looking worried.

Bartender: "Uh, so a just checked on my stash of orange mustache men in the back, and, well... one is missing."
Soldier Captain: "What!? You have a stash of orange mustache men...? Well, his mustache is unlikely to still be orange at this point..."
Soldier Captain: "...Unless... he dyed his mustache orange again and left this empty bottle of mustache dye here in order to make us think his mustache is a different color now, when in fact... Barkeep, bring these orange mustache men out here!"
Bartender: "Uh, alright then."

The bartender disappears into the back again.

Meanwhile, one of the soldiers begins staring at you with suspicion.

Soldier: "Ey boss, this guy looks familiar. I feel like I seen him somewhere before..."
Soldier Captain: "Eh? Oh that guy doesn't have a mustache, it's probably not him."
Soldier Captain: "...Unless..."

The bartender then returns again, bringing two orange mustache men with him.

The soldier captain examines the mustache men.

Soldier Captain: "Hmm... so there are three of you here with mustaches, as well as a fourth 'missing' mustache man."
Soldier Captain: "Could it be you?" he studies the first orange mustache man. "Or maybe you?" he raises an eyebrow at the second orange mustache man. "Or maybe... it's been you all along!" he turns accusingly to the bartender.
Bartender: "Err, w-well, I-I've done nothing wrong..."

Meanwhile, the old man quietly tries to slip out of the tavern, but one of the guards notices a strange purple bag on his belt, stopping him in his tracks.

Soldier: "Where do you think you're going, oldtimer!?"
Old Man: "Ah, n-nowhere..."
Soldier: "What's that purple bag you got there? Looks pretty suspicious."
Old Man: "It's nothing..."
Soldier Captain: "Eh? Let me see that!"

The soldier captain snatches the purple bag from the old man, emptying it's contents on the nearby table and revealing... an orange mustache!

Old Man: "Hey! I don't know how that got there!"
Soldier Captain: "OKAY, NOBODY IS GOING ANYWHERE!"

One of the guards then does an interpretive dance to express his emotions and feelings about the current situation...

Waitress: "Well, looks like I'll be workin' overtime."

To be continued...

Who will the main character be for the next chapter?

(Choose any existing character that isn't in the current scene, or create a new character from OP.)

Brief list of existing characters:

Sir Pent
Leim Frayworth
Azumi Hearthia
Miss Vyne
Anexatus

Optional: Feel free to include some description of the character's history/current situation.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:36:44 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Ear teeth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2018, 09:35:11 am »

New character proposal:

A3

Name: Fiona Quarrel
Profession: Imperial Lieutenant
Place of Origin: North Groutsburg (A city split up into North And South some time ago due to a recent war.)
Additional History:
She's recently been promoted to Lieutenant, but she wants to do more than being stationed in the middle of nowhere.
She's very well respected by those who serve under or alongside her,
but is often neglected or overlooked by her superiors for some reason.

((I have no idea what the imperial ranks are, so feel free to change my suggestion accordingly.))
((The same goes for place of origin, if you have something else in mind.))

edit: done editing this.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:57:49 am by Ultimuh »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2018, 04:10:49 pm »

B6: You are Gammy Sommers, world-class otterball shooter from Sunderberg. You are secretly carrying on a love affair with the star player and first left draughtsman of your team's archrivals, the Troopton Seasnakes. Nobody can ever know about this or the fans would go to war.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2018, 03:10:57 am »

B6: You are Gammy Sommers, world-class otterball shooter from Sunderberg. You are secretly carrying on a love affair with the star player and first left draughtsman of your team's archrivals, the Troopton Seasnakes. Nobody can ever know about this or the fans would go to war.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2018, 07:17:59 am »

You are Gammy Sommers, world-class otterball shooter from Sunderberg.

You are secretly carrying on a love affair with the star player and first left draughtsman of your team's archrivals, the Troopton Seasnakes. Nobody can ever know about this or the fans would go to war.

At the moment, you are in an extremely close and heated otterball match against the Chestgrumpfield Wicklers, one of if not the strongest team currently in the game that has been dominating the past few seasons.

The ball arcs in the sky, landing in the water a short distance away from you. As you rapidly swim towards it, you notice a nearby opposing player also going for it. You decide to dive underwater, and right as the opposing player is reaching for the ball, you resurface next to it and snatch it away!

You quickly continue forward, glancing over at the opposing goal. The goalkeeper is intensely focused, but there are a few spots that look vulnerable, specifically the top left corner. With seconds left on the clock, you leap into the air, finding a good angle, and go for the shot!...

The ball swerves toward the top left corner, just past the goalkeeper's hands and into the net! Goal!!! The crowd goes wild as the referee blows the whistle, signifying the end of the game. The score, 13-12 in favor of your team, the Sunderberg Legumes. Your teammates quickly gather to you, cheering and raising you above the water in celebration.

A while later after the festivities, you are returning to your private room at the West Bredmark Royal Inn. As you open the door, you find a piece of paper on the ground, apparently a note that someone must have slipped under the door. The note reads:

"Nice game. Those moves were hot. Can't wait for later. -B"

You smile knowingly, as you hold the note with both hands, feeling ecstatic about everything.

You then notice a different piece of paper on the ground, as you smilingly pick it up and read it:

"I KNOW YOUR SECRET. I KNOW ABOUT HIM."

Suddenly, you start to feel all your joy collapsing. Someone out there knows about your love affair, and it seems they may not have the best of intentions for you...

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

> Optional: Do you have any idea who might have sent the scary note? Is there anyone who might know about your affair?
> Special Optional: Create an event pertaining to the scene or the main character's actions.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:10:39 am by MeimieFan88 »
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2018, 08:12:00 am »

((Actually, make that the West Bredmark Royal Inn, instead of Sunderberg Royal Inn))
Ear teeth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2018, 04:27:36 pm »

Of course we know who it would be.. It could be none other than.. Suzy Frenwick! Your rival since.. well, forever!
Commence writing a letter to someone whom you know how to deal with it!
After all, you got connections. ... But so does she..
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:21:23 pm by Ultimuh »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2018, 04:53:47 pm »

Hm, I sort of had a whole spiel for this I was going to post just as soon as I can remember it all at once. Or maybe it's better to hold back and let others have more input now? I guess I can cross that bridge when/if I can remember the whole thing all at once.

How about I just summarise the important points I was going to include:
Gammy's brother Gunner (who knows the secret) lives in Patsville and is dating a superfan waitress (who does not);
While some of her teammates know the secret, she hasn't told Lars Boulderman yet because he has a crush on Berkiethe mystery player and would be jealous;
The mystery player's totally un-sporty identical twin is (as far as Gammy knows) away attending a trial "of a friend" in Arovale;
And the hotel maid might've discovered Gammy's secret shrine of Berkie Holmgundr posters.

...I don't know, man, it all seemed like a good idea at the time.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:56:34 pm by Maximum Spin »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2018, 02:44:38 pm »

You calm yourself, trying to figure out what to do and who it might've been that wrote the threatening note...

Your brother Gunner knows your secret, but he lives in a far away farming village called Patsville. Besides, he would never scare you like this. Most likely.
Your secret lover has a totally un-sporty identical twin who knows, but the last you heard, he was away attending a trial of a friend in Arovale.
Some of your teammates know (you haven't told Lars yet because he has a crush on your secret lover and it might make him jealous to know), but it's unlikely any of them would do this to you.

It had to be... Suzy Frenwick! Your rival since... well, forever! She must have found out after all that stalking she did of you. God knows that's all she does!

Fortunately, you know just who to contact for a crisis like this. Normally, you wouldn't feel the need to seek him out, but the circumstances seem dire and confounding enough in this case. You commence writing a letter to Lux Everwood:

Mr. Everwood,

It's Gammy Sommers. I'm in a bit of trouble and I need your help. An anonymous person just sent me a threatening note... they know something about me that the rest of the world can't find out. I can't really go to the authorities for this. You're the one I trust most to handle this.

As for the culprit, I'm fairly sure it was Suzy Frenwick. Noone else makes any sense. I suppose it could have been the hotel maid if she discovered... something of mine. Anyway, I need you to find out who it was, and everything you can about them. Maybe they will also have a secret, one that I can use to 'balance' the situation?

I've included the note in question with this letter. You got me out of a lot of trouble in the past, and I still owe you for that. I just wasn't sure who else to turn to. I promise you'll be very well compensated for this.

~Gammy

You seal the letter and take it downstairs, giving it to your private courier for expedited delivery. Even so, it probably won't be for a while before you hear back from Lux.

Just then in the hotel lobby, you see... none other than Suzy Frenwick! She notices you and approaches, with her two groupies behind her.

Suzy: "Well well, if it isn't the star of the day, Gammy Sommers!"

You can't help but eye her suspiciously as you greet her.

Suzy: "You seem troubled, Gammy. What could possibly have you in such a scuffle?"

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

> Optional: What do you know about Suzy Frenwick and her groupies?
> Optional: Control one or more NPCs' actions.
> Optional: Create an event pertaining to the scene or nearby.

Ear teeth

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2018, 02:53:16 pm »

Two can play this game.
"Oh, nothing really, I just suddenly started hearing this really annoying, awful, grating noise and it's making me a little sick. Could you stop making it?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22