Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If given the choice between this game and another game run by me... What would you want?

I still like Gridhood Bay12 edition despite its shortcomings
- 13 (81.3%)
The Gridland Survival sequel thing
- 2 (12.5%)
Fleshmancy! (It would require a smaller playerbase however)
- 1 (6.3%)
An RPG game about players being demigods.
- 0 (0%)
Something else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 70

Author Topic: Gridhood: Bay12 edition. Its definitely dead now.  (Read 95003 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nirii Dominion

5x farm C2 with 5x junk tools
3x farm D3 with 3x junk tools.
2x farm B3 with 2x junk tools.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile

Cultivating of Beans
3 pop work cautiously for will'o'wisps at the farm of k1
3pop create a swamp farmland at j1
1pop prays to blarg

Blarg works mysteriously

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arutz
3 farm D4 with 3 farming tool
6 build basic housing with 6 junk tools on C4
1 researches stone tools

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Drecthul Commonwealth

4 Civilians harvest from the farmland at B7 with 3 Stone Farming Tools and 1 Junk Farming Tool
4 Civilians harvest from the farmland at D5 with 3 Junk Farming Tools
3 Civilians forage at D6 with 3 Junk Tools
2 Civilians forage at C6 with 1 Junk Tool
1 Civilian continues making Stone Tools

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Hamptons
3 hams farm the farmland at J10 with 3 junk tools
1 ham creates 1 junk tool
5 hams research Wooden Houses
1 forest ranger forages for wood at I11

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Snag shouts "G1! Seagulls! Make it so!" and it was so.

... I really hope you're feeling nice enough not to penalise me for vagueness here.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blarg works mysteriously
"Everything I do has a purpose, I'm just not sure what the purpose is yet. Also if you guys want anything just ask."

Blarg spends 5FP to create a swamp filled with intelligent psychopathic Zebras at D11, and they shall build homes and monuments out of pure rage.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile

Blarg works mysteriously
"Everything I do has a purpose, I'm just not sure what the purpose is yet. Also if you guys want anything just ask."

Blarg spends 5FP to create a swamp filled with intelligent psychopathic Zebras at D11, and they shall build homes and monuments out of pure rage.
GM-controlled civilization?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only if Supernerd wants them to be, other wise I figured they'd sit on the tile and be all angry and attack anyone that goes in to the tile.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Sigh*

Well fuck everything I guess? Not much I could have really done while still trying the catch up, which I guess I'm fucked on now? Like I was just getting to the point where I could actually play the game and now...

Like I'm seriously debating whether or not to just drop this because of the amount of time it takes to actually build up a civilization from scratch, I've been playing for a bunch of turns now and only just got to the point where I could start researching. Which is basically the actual meat of this game for a civ. Now most of my guys are probably going to die in this famine and recalling the last one the Farm I JUST BUILT will be destroyed when it is finished, me never actually getting a chance to profit from it. So I'll be back to square one...

So it took over a week to actually get to the real game, then however many turns this famine lasts that completely wipes me out, then ANOTHER week to rebuild. That's the better part of a month since joining the game before I get to actually do anything interesting. And because we still haven't entered the next age I'll be playing catch up on a lot of basic tech even when I do.

There is a huge barrier to entry for new civs and I'm struggling to work up the investment.

Breiger Clan

4 Civilians Farm E6 with 4 Junk Tools
3 Civilians Forage E5

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

I think you're overreacting a bit, and in case it wasn't clear 3 turn famines are not the norm. The last one was especially bad because it had a five turn warning in advance. Famines were designed to discourage people from living on the ragged edge of disaster, and it could have been avoided by progressing a little bit slower.

I'll also point out that you can and probably should be interacting with the god players. They have lots of FP accumulated and nobody who they feel deserves it.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you want me to do some thing, you just have to ask.

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm willing to dedicate some of my people to prayer, and even research tech to pray better. It's just that no gods have actually done anything for me yet. If someone does want to help either by making my home tile naturally house more people or for my farm tile to be more fertile that would be great.

Basically what I need right now are ways to ramp up my population numbers, and also ways to feed them. Anything you could come up with to help for that, and especially in the Breiger Clan's time of need would make them very grateful.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got an idea of what I can do for your housing problem but it will have to wait for the next turn.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 70