Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If given the choice between this game and another game run by me... What would you want?

I still like Gridhood Bay12 edition despite its shortcomings
- 13 (81.3%)
The Gridland Survival sequel thing
- 2 (12.5%)
Fleshmancy! (It would require a smaller playerbase however)
- 1 (6.3%)
An RPG game about players being demigods.
- 0 (0%)
Something else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 70

Author Topic: Gridhood: Bay12 edition. Its definitely dead now.  (Read 95036 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Bay12 edition
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2018, 07:56:07 pm »

I have arbitrarily decided that if you make a new unit, it cannot work on the turn it is born for some reason. I'll mention that on the first post.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2018, 08:11:39 pm »

on K1 The Cultivating of Beans has formed. its color is green. They forage for food with 3 people on k1, 1 researches swampland farming and 1 worships blarg, god of swamps.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:20:43 pm by Detoxicated »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2018, 08:13:54 pm »

Kyuu, quite pleased with the new mortals worshiping her, makes a few changes to their land (C4) both to make their lives a bit more comfortable, and to make Rasp's little threat seem like a meaningless thing compared to what would be truly great power, making sure it was clear to the people this was her doing, and not Rasp's. They make what would be known as Coccino Mons, a massive mountain made of a red stone which has plenty of caves inside of it, all full of metals and gems. This mountain would be much more suited to the needs of the mortals that lived in it, at least in the future it would be.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 06:26:12 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2018, 08:25:44 pm »

Felius snoozes for another turn.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2018, 08:40:34 pm »

on K1 The Cultivating of Beans has formed. its color is green. They forage for food with 3 people, 1 researches swampland farming and 1 worships the god of swamps.

If you want to forage on a tile, you need to specify which tile you are foraging. This is true even if there is only one possible tile you could be referring to. Also, you need to reference the god's name when praying.

Its a GM convenience thing that helps the update go more smoothly. I am going to go ahead and add this to the first post.

(I'll let it slide this time because I didn't actually say that yet.)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2018, 10:01:42 pm »

The Harr people, beginning to worry about food, send out foraging parties to the nearby plains while their priests and crafters continue their work. Seeing the work of Kyuu in the world around them, those making sacrifices to her continue to do so. Some even begin to experiment with new materials, seeing what can be done with the shiny, workable rocks which appear in a few places throughout the mountains.

Spoiler: Harr Orders (click to show/hide)

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2018, 10:03:38 pm »

I know it says our civilizations don't have technology, but what exactly does that constitute? Do we know how to make stone axes to cut down trees and the like?
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2018, 10:21:33 pm »

i have updated my orders

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2018, 10:39:31 pm »

I know it says our civilizations don't have technology, but what exactly does that constitute? Do we know how to make stone axes to cut down trees and the like?

Right now you have basically nothing aside from the ability to forage. By the time you have tools and stuff, you will probably feel like you totally earned them. Or at least that's the goal.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2018, 05:14:10 am »

Blarg god of swamps will create a bog on J1.

We could form an alliance and work together. How does "Triad of Desolation" sound?   :P
I'm open to an alliance.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2018, 05:26:24 am »

Forknor, do you want an alliance?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2018, 11:17:32 am »

Assuming the GM allows it, sure.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2018, 05:59:06 pm »

Kyuu, quite pleased with the new mortals worshiping her, makes a few changes to their land both to make their lives a bit more comfortable, and to make Rasp's little threat seem like a meaningless thing compared to what would be truly great power, making sure it was clear to the people this was her doing, and not Rasp's. They make what would be known as Coccino Mons, a massive mountain made of a red stone which has plenty of caves inside of it, all full of metals and gems. This mountain would be much more suited to the needs of the mortals that lived in it, at least in the future it would be.

You neglected to include the single most important thing in your post. The co-ordinates of the tile you want to modify.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2018, 06:02:37 pm »

C4 obviously, seeing how thats where the Rasp's are and thats the only non mountain range mountain on the map...sorry for not including that though.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2018, 06:08:52 pm »

I have updated the first post, because the rule about co-ordinates was not clear enough.

Even if its super obvious, you need to include the co-ordinates. It can take between 1 and 2 minutes for me to identify a single obvious tile when I am doing an update if it is not declared, and those minutes add up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 70