Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Burroowsville: The Beginning (Start up and build up a Gnomish Town!)  (Read 7557 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile

Restart of this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163159

WARNING! QUITE A BIT OF EXPOSITION AHEAD!  Be careful! You may miss something important!

Before we begin our look into Burroowsville, we must look at the main races of this world, as to gain a bit of knowledge...

Let us begin.

Gnomes: Your kind. A race of small inventive folk.

They are often described as kind-hearted, intelligent, and having bigger than usual appetites, as they have four meals per usual day, and five on holidays.

Gnomes are also known for their inventions that run with clockwork such as the Automata, powerful mechanical devices made for war that have been constructed to look like animals.

They tend to live to 250 to 280 years.

The races they get along with well are as follows; halflings, dwarves, humans, elves, and fairies. They don't get along much with kobolds, goblins or orcs.

Their traits are often described as traits of other races. They have the pointed ears like elves, beards like the dwarves, and the height of halflings, which is about 3 feet.

Speaking of halflings....

Halflings: The biggest allies to the gnomes, they resemble small humans with large and hairy feet.

Many of the Big Folk (elves and humans) know of halflings through a highly published tome of sorts...

The halflings are peaceful, so peaceful in fact that they'd run away instead of fighting for the most part. This, however, makes them be seen as cowards...

They are known for the biggest appetite out of all races, even bigger than gnomes! How big is their appetite? 7 and a half meals! (Half a meal is a snack, mind you)

Trading with halflings may get you delicious foods!

They live to be around 110 years on average.

They get along with gnomes, dwarves, elves, fairies, and humans (to an extent).
They piss their pants and run away from do not get along with orcs, goblins, or kobolds.

Dwarves: The tallest out of those classified as Small Folk, having an average height of 4 feet.

The Dwarves are a mining race, often digging for riches beneath the ground. They are among the most advanced races, building many a great contraption. However, they are somewhat distrustful of magic, especially nature magic. Their beards are considered amazing by only themselves the "manliest of men."

Their alcoholic beverages are much beloved in Gnomish lands; perhaps you should buy some when you get the chance.

They live to be 300 on average.

They get along with humans, gnomes, and halflings. They are distrustful of elves and fairies because of their connection to nature magic. They hate goblins and orcs and see kobolds as petty distractions.

Humans: Part of the Big Folk, they are about 5 feet tall, usually.

Sadly, they aren't especially noteworthy...

They usually live to be around 80 years old.

They get along well with all races except for elves. They hate goblins, orcs, and kobolds.

Elves: Nature bound big folk who love trees. They are the tallest non-evil race, being around 6 feet and 5 inches on average.

They have powerful and graceful swords and daggers, perfect for defense.

They live to be 900 years old on average.

They get along with halflings, gnomes, and fairies quite well. They dislike, you guessed it, kobolds, goblins and orcs.

Fairies: The smallest of all races, only measuring up to 5 inches tall.

They are mischievous little things with only magic powders to trade with, it seems. Not much about their culture is known.

They tolerate all races, tricking them all the same.

The Evil Races: Goblins, Orcs, Kobolds

Goblins are 4 foot tall cruel, yet intelligent beings that hate everyone except orcs and they live to be over 80 years old.

Kobolds are 2 and a half foot tall lizard-like thieves that hate elves with a passion (Nobody knows why...) and these things live to be 15 years at average.

Orcs are the tallest out of any race, good or evil, at an intimidating 8 feet tall. They hate all except goblins, they eat meat and meat only, and live to be 90 years at the average.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that the races have been mentioned, let's start this tale.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is March 16th of 478 in the Gnomish calendar.

You and about 36 other gnomes have come to start up a new town, as the old town you lived in before was destroyed. You have taken it upon yourselves to build something glorious. The name? Burroowsville.

Your supplies are:
*An anvil

*5 axes

*5 pickaxes

*Various building tools (hammers, nails, etc), enough to help make a few houses and a town hall.

*Enough food to last 2 weeks

*30 bottles of dwarven beers, wines, and the like

*15 books of Gnomish literature (2 are medical books!)

*A painted portrait of the first gnomish king, King Kurvam the First

*Toys for any young ones

*10 bottles of cure-all potions

(LIST OF PLAYERS (MINIMUM: FIVE / MAXIMUM: NINE):
(Also, put your Gnome name, gender, age, and profession down.)

1. Starwise, the male mechanic/astronomer of 30 years (Maximum Spin)

2. Meimfkerpot, male Inventor of 93 years (Supernerd)

3. Chowchug, male cook/brewer of 150 years (Pavellius)

4. Old Man Fumperdink, male miner of 180 years (LordPorkins)

5. Ceenkkist, male Architect of 87 years (KittyTac)

6.  Lalna Oilsmeared, a female Gnome stone mason/carver and hobby tinkerer (Asgarius)

7. Bob, the male farmer of 39 years (Leodanny)

8. Adjute, 50-year-old technowizard (bloop_bleep)

9. Smith Beaynkontr, a 78 year old bureaucrat and general pencil-pusher (Doubloon-Seven)

ALL PLAYER SPOTS FULL
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 02:49:48 pm by Asin »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I shall be Starwise, a male gnomish mechanic/astronomer of 30 years.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

My name shall be "Meimfkerpot". A 93 year old male Gnomish Inventor.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:53:52 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't like to double post, but this game needs to be bumped.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My name is Chowchug, a 150-year-old gnomish brewer and cook. (Despite his best efforts, he has never replicated the supreme quality of dwarven alcohol. He's darn good cook, though.)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

Is it possible to play as a cat person? If so, than I'll join as Gilbert, a 16 year old (the cat person species I want to play as has the same lifespan as a human) hunter.
it's over

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

PTW. And maybe play later
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to play as a cat person? If so, than I'll join as Gilbert, a 16 year old (the cat person species I want to play as has the same lifespan as a human) hunter.

No...

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

No...

aww
it's over

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My apologies.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Burroowsville: The Beginning (Start up and build up a Gnomish Town!)
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 07:50:06 am »

But can my character show up later into the game, as a wanderer, or someone trying to escape a group of brigands, or something related to a somewhat random event?
it's over

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 07:54:32 am »

But can my character show up later into the game, as a wanderer, or someone trying to escape a group of brigands, or something related to a somewhat random event?

Perhaps.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 08:33:00 am »

Alright, Ill bite and Join.

I shall be Old Man Fumperdink, a 180 year old ex-warrior, now working as a miner. He used to live undercover amongst dwarves, as his prodigious beard impressed them so. However, he got booted out when he voiced an opinion that perhaps there was such a thing as too much magma.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 12:00:25 am »

So... Is 4 players enough for this to be a thing?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 12:12:03 am »

At least 1 more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8