Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ability for an all-NOT_LIVING squad to have undead assigned as war animals  (Read 681 times)

KingEdwarf3890

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Title, if someone goes to the trouble of making a squad composed entirely of NOT_LIVING allies(Ally necromancers, Vampires, etc.) then any undead that were raised by members of the fortress(IE Necromancer citizens, NOT enemy Necromancers) should be able to be assigned to members of that squad similarly to war animals(and thus be taken along on raiding missions). This might require some fiddling with the reanimation code to program loyalties into undead minions, but if you can manage it that'd be great. Would give some actual reward for beating the Circus with a necro-fort too... *maniacal laughter*
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 12:33:42 am by KingEdwarf3890 »

Abyzou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This might require some fiddling with the reanimation code to program loyalties into undead minions
I believe this at least is on the table, as currently there is a disparity between the behaviour of raised undead in worldgen, and those raised ingame (i.e. necromancers use zombies to build their towers in worldgen, but zombies can't be given such orders in play). The devnotes also mention night creatures having slaves/subordinates in the same way bandit leaders do. Having undead be assigned as war animals seems like a very straightforward extension of this.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think i covered this in another suggestion thread, but directly loyalty linked subordinates would be great for necromancer squad.

Maybe a coloration effect could be applied in that if this necromancer is put in charge = the zombies appear in the list titled blue for assignment just to that squad as to distinguish them from all the other soldiers on the page as being loyalty bound to that individual.