Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Seltsame Insel: Second Wind [Turn 3]  (Read 1576 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: Second Wind [Turn 1]
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 07:54:33 pm »

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 08:06:21 pm »

My apologies, I'll fix that now. Forgot to add it.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 08:16:14 pm »

Ok, thanks Sosoku.

Anyway, try to get to the sniper and take him out with either my shovel, my knife, or my bayonet. Whichever one seems like it'll be best at the job when I get there. Probably the shovel.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 10:03:34 pm »

William, no longer face to face with death, simply laid where he was for a bit longer, he was in far too much pain to do much, and while he wouldn't mind going out in a blaze of glory, he didn't exactly feel there would be much point in trying to get to his feet and charge to what would be his death with no effect on the enemy other then a few bullets wasted both by and on him. So, for now, he just bit his lip and tried to stay calm and rest, hoping the pain would go away sooner rather then later...He really hoped that medic that ran off after saving him makes it, the brave bastard probably saved at least a few lives today, and it would be a shame for him to die.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 02:13:03 am »

Noice. I do love improbable aiming skills.

2Lt Jones trades Nazi automatic fire for calm, precise sniper rounds. (ie shoot those guys shooting at me)

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 11:02:26 am »

Respawn.
As far as stuff goes, calling in a strike on your own position is a pretty bad way to go...

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 11:30:23 am »

Don't worry, I've done it something like 3 times.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 02:21:37 pm »

It appears that we are only waiting on RAM.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 03:16:44 pm »

Ivanova Takes advantage of the lull to shoot at one of the still-active gunners, trying to hit the gun.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2018, 03:30:05 pm »

Ivanova Takes advantage of the lull to shoot at one of the still-active gunners, trying to hit the gun.

((I didn't see it. My bad. Too focused on the rest of that post to see it. I'll work on turn now.))

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2018, 04:48:49 pm »

Spoiler: Anouncement (click to show/hide)

TURN 3

Landing Craft 1

Quote from: Glass
try to get to the sniper and take him out with either my shovel, my knife, or my bayonet. Whichever one seems like it'll be best at the job when I get there. Probably the shovel.

[5-1=4] Jumping out of cover, Pvt. Grey sees the sniper. It looks like he’s built into the side of the cliff face, about forty yards up. Grey has the idea of hitting him with his shovel, but it’s a good six hundred yards to the cliff base, and running that gauntlet would be a very bad idea. He does so nonetheless. [5+2=7] The sniper shoots again, but misses by several hundred feet. The round tears off into the water around the landing craft at the waterline.
[2+2=4]The north machine gun, henceforth known as machine gun 1 gets restationed and begins firing on Grey, who is now ducking and weaving. The rounds send little piffs of dust and spattering mud all over his pants, but he keeps running.
   The guns on the top of the cliff roar to life again. [4+2=6] Pvt. Grey is not the target of the shells, this time.

Pvt. Grey enters the minefield.

Pvt. Grey is no longer in pain.

Quote from: PirateJoe
William, no longer face to face with death, simply laid where he was for a bit longer, he was in far too much pain to do much, and while he wouldn't mind going out in a blaze of glory, he didn't exactly feel there would be much point in trying to get to his feet and charge to what would be his death with no effect on the enemy other then a few bullets wasted both by and on him. So, for now, he just bit his lip and tried to stay calm and rest, hoping the pain would go away sooner rather then later...He really hoped that medic that ran off after saving him makes it, the brave bastard probably saved at least a few lives today, and it would be a shame for him to die.

Pvt. Jarvis lays there, waiting for the pain to subside. His instincts scream at him to move or he will die there. But, he doesn’t move. He lays there near perfectly still as he mulls over his usefulness in his current state.
   His mind briefly wanders to the lone medic. That man had probably saved at least five to six people now. Risking lifting his head to look for the medic, [2] Jarvis sees that the medic was impaled on a tank trap nearby to a smoking crater. He was screaming, but his voice was drowned out by constant gunfire and explosions and the bit of ringing that Jarvis just noticed.
[5] Javis’s luck was with him then. The gunners didn’t just shift their attention elsewhere, but they accidentally shot the medic’s medkit in just such a way that the single surviving morphine syringe flew out and landed next to Pvt. Jarvis.
   The guns on the cliff roar to life again. [6] Pvt. Jarvis is almost entirely certain that this is his death. He knows that his position near the landing craft makes him a prime target. He quietly awaits his death. The high explosive shell whistles overhead, hitting the landing craft directly, sending a shockwave through Jarvis. This shockwave sends him flying forward at roughly 45mph. [1] He hits a tank trap and shares a similar fate to the medic who saved him earlier. Only Jarvis’s killed him instantly.

You have met your demise. Respawn?

Spoiler: Glass (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)

Landing Craft 2

Quote from: Kashyyk
2Lt Jones trades Nazi automatic fire for calm, precise sniper rounds.

2Lt. Jones, being fired upon by several nazis finishes chambering his round. He thinks on the conditions now. A light wind to the east, the sun is shining, the humidity is damn near a hundred percent. He factors in the trajectory for a second time to fire directly into the group of ten nazis, aiming at one of the three that sees him, in specific. [1+1+1-2=1] Firing up to open bunker, 2Lt had accidentally chambered some sand with his first bullet. It immediately crystallized as soon as the bullet was fired. The barrel of the gun explodes from the force of the expanding gasses being trapped by the glass formed in the muzzle. 2Lt Jones is left with a ringing in his ears and a cut along his right hand.
[5+2(due to cover)=7] 2Lt. Jones is spared from the Krauts’ bullets by the tank traps. The guns sound off over head with one hitting way back behind Jones. He sees some unlucky sod get thrown quite a ways ahead of him. [3+2=5] Jones hears the whistle of the other round. He’s safe.

-30c

Quote from: RAM

Pvt. Ivanovo fires at Machine gun 4. [6] She not only hits the gun, it goes through the machine gun, killing the loader. It is reflected off a helmet in the back and flies out of the bunker, hitting Pvt. Ivanovo in the foot. (She has really bad luck getting shot in the foot, doesn’t she.) It doesn’t have the same kinetic energy as before, so it doesn’t enter her foot. It instead just bruises her foot.
Machine gun 5 turns its attention to Ivanovo. It fires [5+1(Due to cover)=6] She hides behind the tank trap. Avoiding being suppressed by crawling through a small crater to another tank trap about ten feet to her right. The gunners, unaware that they are shooting at a ghost, suppress the area.
The guns on the cliff roar to life again. The first round hits somewhere in the back and to the left a ways. [3+1=4] The second round hits elsewhere on the beach.

-11c

Spoiler: Kashyyk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Landing Craft 3

Quote from: wertyzerty
Respawn.

2Lt. Smith arrives on the scene of utter devastation. There are dead bodies lying about everywhere. Medics tend to the least wounded, leaving those who have lost arms and legs and those who have their guts trailing from their crying forms to wallow in their pain as they bleed to death. There’s fire everywhere from several of the flamethrowers having exploded. The beach is covered in a fog that rivals even that of a lake on a brisk autumn morning. It is literally hell on earth.
[5] 2Lt Smith finds the best possible cover behind a hunk of metal from one of the landing crafts.
The guns on the cliff roar to life again. The first hits the landing craft about sixty feet to the right if LC3. A man can be seen flung into the battlefield. [4+3(due to cover)=7] The last one hits the ocean about forty feet back.

Spoiler: wertyzerty (click to show/hide)

MG1: Silenced
MG2: Operational
MG3: Operational
MG4: Silenced
MG5: Operational
MG6: Operational

Howitzer 1: Reloading
Howitzer 2: Reloading

Trench 1: Unsecured
Trench 2: Unsecured

Credits Remaining this Mission: 9908c

End Turn 3
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:34:16 pm by Sosoku234 »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2018, 04:55:03 pm »

Well that's upsetting. I'm gonna assume my rifle is unusable now.

2Lt Jones hunkers down behind his cover, pulls out his medkit and bandages up his hand. He then draws his STEN and hopes the nazi rifleman have forgotten about him.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2018, 04:55:46 pm »

Damnit...Welp, Lets try that again.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2018, 04:57:13 pm »

(Of note: I still have my radio, it should not be crossed out.)

Get to cover, and try to get closer to the cliff. Don't step on a mine. Be Always Moving.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2018, 05:33:31 pm »

(Of note: I still have my radio, it should not be crossed out.)

I'll get on that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3