Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: The Saga of Kung Fu Man! Ch.1 Wooo in the hell is this...?  (Read 11241 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Saga of Kung Fu Man! Ch.1 Raid on Hamburger Fiefdom
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2018, 02:19:09 am »

Instead of
Throw a chair at the biggest group of squires.

How about

Kick a table into the air, then kick it again at chest level into the biggest group of squires.

Then
Propel one of the squires into the knight via palm thrust.

???

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Saga of Kung Fu Man! Ch.1 Raid on Hamburger Fiefdom
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2018, 09:19:31 am »

Instead of
Throw a chair at the biggest group of squires.

How about

Kick a table into the air, then kick it again at chest level into the biggest group of squires.

Then

???
+1

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: The Saga of Kung Fu Man! Ch.1 Fried Squire with a Side of Blood
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2018, 10:28:28 am »

(Sorry for the delay, work yadda yadda yadda.)
(These are the dice rolls I got and based the narrative around)
Spoiler: Dice rolls etc. (click to show/hide)

Kung Fu Man and his fried chicken comrades in arms have gotten the drop on the Medieval fast food crew! Using his superior reflexes, Kung Fu Man was able to react before everyone else.

Throw the Screaming Rubber Chicken at the Burger Knight...

He grabs his chicken (definitely not an euphemism) gives it a nice firm squeeze (dammit I’m not helping matters) and frisbee throws it around the squires and directly at the Burger Knight!

EI!

The spinning and screaming projectile manages to lodge itself in the eye slits of the Burger Knight’s great helm. The horrific screams reverberate and echo inside the helm; driving the knight to the edge of reason!

What in the l'rd's nameth is this? Maketh t endeth! Yeaarrrghhh!!

A bunch of the squires are nicely lined up in a row. You think of bowling. No bowling ball? I guess this table will have to do…

“Up you go! And….”

WHA-CHA!

You easily fling the table into the air and manage to land an absolutely beautiful jump kick directly on target, causing the table to explode into splinters and shrapnel. Oops, looks like you overdid it. Just a little bit. Bad luck for some of the squires as chunks of pointy Kung Fu’d wood fly in their general direction.

Squire #3 and Squire #4 are unlucky enough to feel the wrath of shoddily made mass produced furniture! Squire#4 gets impaled in the chest with a stake of wood, but his colorful outfit managed to stop the errant piece of wood from straying too deep into his innards. Squire #3 manages to get  by with some mild scrapes and cuts.

Quote from: Popcorn the chicken
“…!”

Rushing forward with its massive club, Popcorn, the chicken suited enigma, targets one on the hapless squires. Squire #5 yelps in pain as the club crashes into his left arm. That’s gonna leave a nasty bruise.

In the midst of the chaos, The Colonel takes aim at Squire#2 and sends him to the ground with a stiff lariat. Colonel flexes his muscles as a condescending taunt towards the squire.

Quote from: Squire#7
“I might not but retrieveth mine own trusty boweth and arrow!”

Squire#7 remembers his training and fetches his trusty anti-mugger bow and arrow from below the countertop. With an actual ranged weapon, this lowly Burger Squire has become an equally lowly Burger Archer! He immediately takes aim at Kung Fu Man, no doubt spooked by his martial arts prowess.

The arrow is fast, but Kung Fu Man is faster. You snatch the arrow right out of midair with your fist and snap it to pieces. Looks like somebody’s gonna regret that move very soon.

Quote from: Squire#1
“I wilt retrieveth mine own weapon!”

Feeling outmatch by a skilled martial artist, two lunatics in chicken outfits, and a wrestling purveyor of southern deep fried meats, Squire #1 makes a move towards the broom closet. He trips over his own feet and faceplants on the ground, knocking himself out. What an idiot.

Squire#6 follows in the example of the now Burger Archer#1 and equips his own set of anti-mugger bow and arrow, becoming Burger Archer #2! He takes aim at Buffalo and fires! The arrow goes wide and plants itself in the far wall.

Quote from: Buffalo the chicken
"…?"
Buffalo completely ignores the fact that an archer tried to kebab him. In fact, Buffalo doesn’t seemed fazed by any of this, really. He takes his supersized club and lazily moseys on over to the unconscious Squire#1. The chicken suited executioner swings his club overhead and crushes the hapless Squire’s head like a ripe tomato! What a bloody mess. Squire #1 is out of the fight!
Quote from: Buffalo the chicken
"…...~"
The chicken seems satisfied with himself.

Seeing his friend die so violently mixed plus the burning pain of impalement fills Squire #4 with fury.

Quote from: Squire#4
“Ye monsters! I will slay thee!”

He throws himself at Kung Fu Man and throws a sloppy haymaker. You easily catch his swinging arm and a thought crosses your mind...

Using your signature Kung Fu Palm Thrust … to propel something? Is that even possible? The Burger Knight is still fumbling with the screaming rubber chicken in his helmet, leaving himself wide open. This goon would make an easy projectile.  You think back to your training, searching for inspiration...and draw a blank. Oh well.

Maybe you’ll remember the more esoteric moves in the future.  Either way, you charge up a palm thrust and .... ATA! Your palm impacts the chest and drives the wooden spike deep into the hapless Squire #4. A hunk of wood in the heart is not conductive to living. Squire #4 has died by your hand!

"Get it off! Get it OFF! GET IT OFF!"

After struggling with the chicken lodged in his helmet, the Burger Knight rips his head protection and hurls it in a random direction in mad rage. Squire#6 just happens to be in that direction!
Squire #6, now Burger Archer #2 manages to duck under the flying metal projectile before it clatters loudly in the kitchen. Hopefully nothing happens to the knight’s squishy head now that he has no helmet.

Squire #5 succeeds where Squire #1 failed and manages to reach the broom closet without any horrifying bodily injury. His reward? A nice wooden training sword to defend himself with. Whoop-dee-do.

Quote from: Squire#3
“Soundeth the h'rn! we might not but releaseth t from the freez'r! t is the only to survive!”

Squire #3 books it into the kitchen, hollering about some sort of horn and something about the freezer. Doesn’t make much sense to you, but really, does anything make sense in this world? Regardless of what the mook had in mind, he slips on a stray patch of grease and dunks his head in the deep fryer. Squire #3 is now french fried (and very, very dead.)

Squire #2 gets up to his feet and throws a punch at the Colonel. The punch is easily blocked and brushed away. The Squire gets more taunting as a reward for his efforts

“Is that all you got, bozo?”

"Alfr'd wast right! soundeth the h'rn! soundeth now it!"
The Burger Knight appears to be directing the remaining Squires and Archers.

Spoiler: Active Hostiles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Raid Team (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kung Fu Man (click to show/hide)

Keep the Suggestions Coming.
(Note: You can have Kung Fu Man suggest orders for your teammates, but whether or not they will listen to Kung Fu Man is not guaranteed)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2018, 06:31:28 am »

kick some of the chairs in to the squires with the bows, then use the secret move on the burger knight.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2018, 08:42:03 am »

kick some of the chairs in to the squires with the bows, then use the secret move on the burger knight.
+1

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2018, 10:46:13 am »

Stop them from sounding the horn, save secret move for now.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2018, 11:01:38 am »

Stop them from sounding the horn, save secret move for now.
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2018, 11:37:40 am »

Fling a letter at the one going for the horn, shuriken style.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2018, 12:43:42 pm »

Also this, +1
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2018, 03:09:55 pm »

+1
+1.

Also this, +1
+1.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: The Saga of Kung Fu Man! Ch.1 Secret Techniques Unleashed
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2018, 04:50:38 pm »

(Tax season was a bitch, but we're back!)
Spoiler: dry rolls (click to show/hide)
The assault on Hamburger Fiefdom continues as our motley crew continues pushing their advantage on the dwindling defenders!

“Eadweard, thee blinking idiot! what art thee waiting f'r! soundeth the bloody h'rn bef're we all kicketh the bucket!"
“Aye, milord!” Shouts Burger Archer 1. Hey! Lowly cannon fodder mooks have names too, ya know!

Meanwhile, The Colonel continues to grapple and scrap with the clearly outmatched Squire #2. After a series of futile punches and kicks, the Squire is knocked down to the floor yet again. In faux sympathetic voice, the white suited fighter taunts the downed mook.
“I’m sorry, but it’s over.”
He stomps the ground repeatedly as the Squire slowly picks himself off the floor, oblivious to his impending doom.
“For...For the king!”
Ah, he’s still got some fighting spirit left, but fighting spirit doesn’t affect the integrity of one’s spine. In one smooth motion, The Colonel skips towards the Squire, and pivots his body like a pendulum, landing a picture perfect high kick directly on the Squire’s jaw. A loud snap is heard before the thud of a fallen body. This time, he doesn’t get back up.

Burger Squire #2 is dead!

“Now that… that is music to my ears.”

“Sounding a horn? Not if I have anything to say about it!”
What happens if they sound the horn, anyway? Whatever it is, if they want to do it, they’re gonna have to go through you.
You formulate a hasty plan to neutralize the two Archers posted at the far counter. Naturally, your plan involves the unintended usage of furniture and fixtures.

kick some of the chairs in to the squires with the bows

You hastily acquire a nearby stray chair and heave it into the air. You follow it up with a controlled snap kick, managing to keep the chair intact for its short trip to the Archer’s personal space.
“Take a damn seat!’
Chair! Apply directly to the forehead! Sadly, they don’t make chairs as big as they used to, as the piece of furniture only strikes Archer 1 in the noggin. He crumples to the floor, out cold. Try as he might, he is unable to wake himself.

Burger Archer 1 is KO'd!

You take a wide stance, with one arm dipped into your pilfered bag of infinite mail. Your finger settle on a regular envelope, possibly somebody’s utility bill or acceptance into college, and wait for the right moment to present itself. Somewhere, a lone tumbleweed rolls by in silence. When someone goes after the horn….

Quote from: Popcorn
“!@#%”
Popcorn, with club raised above its head, decides that it has had enough of the Burger Knight’s incredibly annoying ye olde English and goes after him with silent intensity and the intent to kill.
“Backeth! backeth fowl beast! stayeth backeth!”
The Knight manages to evade the swinging strike and follows up with an uppercut! The chicken blocks the attack and shoves him away!
“The most wondrous king shall certes promoteth me aft'r i vanquish thee! has't at thee!”
The Knight retaliates against the hostile chicken with a swinging haymaker. The punch just barely lands; lightly grazing the bird’s head.

Overwhelmed with the sentiment of “I didn’t sign up for this crap”, Squire #5 charges at Kung Fu Man wildly flailing with his wooden training sword and hollering like a lunatic.
“UGYYYYAAAYYYAAAAYYYAAAHHHH!
Here, blind violence ended up as inaccurate violence. Despite his, uh, strange yell, The Squire achieves an underwhelming accuracy of 33%, only getting a single weak hit on your torso.

Quote from: Burger Archer 2
“This is mine own chance!”
Thinking you are preoccupied with fending off a rabid man with a wooden sword, Burger Archer #2 leaves his post and heads towards the back of the kitchen. And there you see it! Hanging on the wall, next to what appears to be a walk in freezer, is an imposing horn formed out of brass, patiently waiting for someone to use it.

This was the exact moment you have been waiting for! You hop away from the assaulting squire and line up a shot. Time seems to slow to a crawl as you take an envelope out of your bag. The sound of fighting gives way to the rhythmic thumping of your own heart. Your inner Qi concentrates itself in your clenched hand. Wait for it….Wait for itNOW!
WAH-TAH!
The envelope vanishes out of you hand and there’s silence. The Burger Archer stops, frozen in his tracks. A few tense seconds pass. A pool of blood rapidly forms at the archer’s feet, before he collapses to the floor and his head rolls clean off. 

Burger Archer #2 is dead!

But this is no time to be ogling your superior skills! That Burger Knight and his annoying squire still must be eliminated! It’s time.
then use the secret move on the burger knight.
Time to break out your secret move...a technique that was passed down from master to master. You straighten out yourself and assume a meditative pose.

Will Kung Fu Man land his secret technique? Will Burger Knight get his promotion? Will the next update take too damn long? Find out….Right now!

You stand unmoving, clearing out your mind and focusing your inner energy towards your legs. The air swirls around you ever so slightly. Clear your mind. Focus. Clear your mind. Focus. Like a statue of a violent Buddha, you meditate in stoney silence.

"He's just standing thither! taketh that gent down right now!"

They think you’re wide open. Well...you are. Burger Squire #5 throws another swing with his training sword and completely misses. How?!? You were standing still! The Burger Knight also achieves the null achievement of missing a stationary target. Yay! Your poultry based comrades don’t fare much better, with Popcorn failing to hit the weakling Squire 5 and with Buffalo landing a loudly clanging swing on the Burger Knight’s armored torso.

“Stop wasting time, you damn chickens! Let me handle this.”

The Colonel interjects the only way he knows how: by broadsiding Squire 5 with a stiff clothesline. The white suited fighter climbs up a nearby table and sizes up the prone form of the fallen Squire before launching and crushing elbow drop right on the sternum. The Squire’s eyes bulge out of his skull for a couple of seconds before he is quiet and still.

Squire #5 is dead!

IT. IS. TIME. You are ready and fully charged. A hazy memory briefly bubbles to the surface of your mind. Ah yes. You remember. This technique. He called it…

...Ro-Sham-Bo...

You stare at the Burger Knight like a predator within killing distance of its prey. He has no chance. You vanish from view, moving so fast as if almost imperceptible. You run up to the armored Burger Knight and….

AHHH-SHAAAA

You drive your qi charged foot directly between the Burger Knight’s legs and directly into his groin. A loud gong sound reverberates from the the Burger Knight’s suit of armor as it futilely tries to contain your strength. The armor shatters into millions of tiny shards, leaving a man standing in his boxers.

Then the room falls silent.

“Dude. Really?”.
The Burger Knight just has this look of sheer primal terror painted all over his face.A face that has seen the abyss. He lets out a small, high pitched gasp.

Then his head violently explodes.

“Wow.”
You give the corpse a bow of respect.

ENCOUNTER FINISH!

The Colonel and his chickens grabs the still unconscious Burger Archer 1 and tie him to a chair as you quickly loot the bodies and kung fu chop open the registers. You also manage to pick up the rubber chicken you used earlier, which has become a sort of bullhorn after it lodged itself in the Burger Knight’s helmet. That mailbag has ended up being really useful, eh?

Loot Get!
- 175 Moolah
- Wooden sword
- Rubber chicken bullhorn thingamabob

This encounter has taught you something! Pick one trait!.

A) Bullseye (lvl1): Attacks by throwing small handheld thrown items are more likely to hit its mark
B) The Path of ‘JC‘(lvl1): Become more effective at using furnishings as improvised weapons

“Huh. We actually managed to polish up this joint really quickly. You’re not as useless as I thought.” The Colonel sticks out his hand.

Do you…
A) Shake his hand
B) Smack his hand away
C) Don't even acknowledge him
D) Go shake the hands(?) of the chickens

Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 04:58:42 pm by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2018, 06:52:24 pm »

Better head to AA.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2018, 11:12:54 pm »

Path of JC, and shake the hands of both the Colonel and the chickens.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2018, 12:11:07 am »

BA
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9