Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soldiers carrying too few bolts?  (Read 597 times)

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Soldiers carrying too few bolts?
« on: March 17, 2018, 05:09:31 am »

So I've told my marksdwarves to carry quite a few bolts (a few hundred), but they only seem to pick up 25-50 bolts. How can I make sure they grab as many bolts as I tell them to? I've got plenty of wooden bolts in my craftsdwarf's workshop.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers carrying too few bolts?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 10:48:18 am »

The military screen's ammunition screen allows you to choose how many bolts are assigned to the squad, but the dwarfs may not be able to carry them all. This is similar to how you can assign a uniform with two helms but the dwarf will only wear one helm. Some of those bolts in your shop are already assigned to your squad. I suspect that when a dwarf carries 50 ammo, it is a bug, just like when a dwarf is carrying two items in their right hand.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

MorsDux

• Bay Watcher
  • If you only have a hammer, all problems seem nails
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 12:01:46 pm »

anyone know how to mod this? I think there is a soft cap for 25 bolts, I would like to increase this to 50-51 or something

Lord Shiteblast

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok be praised
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 01:26:53 pm »

The military screen's ammunition screen allows you to choose how many bolts are assigned to the squad, but the dwarfs may not be able to carry them all. This is similar to how you can assign a uniform with two helms but the dwarf will only wear one helm. Some of those bolts in your shop are already assigned to your squad. I suspect that when a dwarf carries 50 ammo, it is a bug, just like when a dwarf is carrying two items in their right hand.

I take it then that ordering them to wear 2 quivers won't work?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 01:30:52 pm »

I take it then that ordering them to wear 2 quivers won't work?

Time to organise a dwarven machine gun, quivers aren't affected by the weight of the objects put in them are they? so we can have dwarves walking around with a bottomless amount of arrows so they don't have to reload.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 05:48:38 pm »

Just be aware that bolts are pretty heavy - 25 steel bolts show up as 29Γ, which is as much as a steel mail shirt and a steel shield.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.