Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Elder Signs (IC)  (Read 5732 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Signs (IC)
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2018, 02:24:42 am »

Unless otherwise specified, JJ follows the party.  Even when they ignore his suggestions.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2018, 02:29:45 am »

I assume we'll be going to the construction site after we finish here.

If not, well, I'll go with you.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2018, 12:30:00 pm »

"Right. I will go check their rooms, if we are lucky it might hint at where they went. It would certainly be fortunate if they had just been hiding under the bed the whole time, or some other such silliness. Thank you for your assistance, doctor."

Go check ze the Urgent Care Unit for any signs of magically stuff.

"Happy to help"

"I'll be accompanying Dr. Strange and we'll give the room a once-over ourselves. If you'll forgive me for saying, losing two possibly infectious patients the day after they're brought in doesn't shine well on the competence of your staff, director." Dr. Ivers says, with a less-than-sincere smile. He proceeds to leave with Dr. West to search the ICU room.

At this, the director's previously neutral expression lowers itself into a slight frown, eyebrows furrowing as she mutters to herself in German. "Yes. Of course."

Neil gives an apologetic half-smile to Dr. Germany.
He's always like that. Including acting like the rest of us without medical doctorates don't exist.
He then sets off in the direction of the ICU room, so as not to miss anything important.
Unless otherwise specified, JJ follows the party.  Even when they ignore his suggestions.

Director Vahlen has no further comment as the rest of the group funnels out of the room.

The director wasn't wrong; the ICU isn't far away at all. Further, the crowd seems to have moved away from the patient rooms, leaving the five of you to search them relatively uninterrupted.

Justin's room is the first you come by. In the center sits the patient's bed, rumbled and unmade. Bits of white bandage and blood spatter the otherwise pristine white bedsheets, and family memorabilia cover just about every flat surface available. There are pictures, "get well soon" cards, action figures, and the like on every table, every chair. In the far corner of the room, next to the bed, sits a black-haired woman looking to be in her thirties. Her head is in her hands, and she is crying uncontrollably.

Arthur's room is just a couple doors down. Unlike Justin's room, there is little to indicate that there was ever anyone occupying this room besides the unmade bed, again spattered with bits of white bandage and drops of dried blood. Off in the corner of the room lies a metal grate, which appears to fit perfectly into the small air vent right behind it.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2018, 01:58:25 pm »

CHECK THE VENT CHECK THE VENT CHECK THE VENT
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2018, 04:04:05 pm »

While Jackson checks the plot hook vent, Will takes the boring route and decides to slide on some sterile gloves and investigate the bed in Arthur's room. More specifically, he's going to examine the bandages and blood for anything unusual or out of place.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2018, 06:33:30 pm »

With one last plot hook to check, Dr.West meticulously searches underneath the beds goes into the other room to console a grieving mother.

"We are doing everything in our power to find him, I am sorry you have to go through this."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2018, 01:53:55 pm »

[Intelligence: 4. Success]

The vent is... empty! There is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary here.

While Jackson checks the plot hook vent, Will takes the boring route and decides to slide on some sterile gloves and investigate the bed in Arthur's room. More specifically, he's going to examine the bandages and blood for anything unusual or out of place.

[Intelligence: 12. Failure]

Upon closer inspection, there is really nothing out of the ordinary here, but there is also very little available to indicate anything specific about the former occupant of this bed.

With one last plot hook to check, Dr.West meticulously searches underneath the beds goes into the other room to console a grieving mother.

"We are doing everything in our power to find him, I am sorry you have to go through this."

When you speak to the mother, she doesn’t stop crying, but she does eventually manage to sputter out a faint “Th... thank you. I... I...” before she bursts into sobs again.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2018, 06:47:00 pm »

"Hm." sighs Will. He lays the bandages back onto the bed and turns to his partner. "Find anything over there?" he asks.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2018, 10:59:14 pm »

[Intelligence: 4. Success]

The vent is... empty! There is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary here.

[Intelligence: 12. Failure]

Upon closer inspection, there is really nothing out of the ordinary here, but there is also very little available to indicate anything specific about the former occupant of this bed.

When you speak to the mother, she doesn’t stop crying, but she does eventually manage to sputter out a faint “Th... thank you. I... I...” before she bursts into sobs again.

Dr.West speaks with not-entirely feigned empathy, "I realize you are hardly in the mood to answer questions, but it may help us discover him faster if you could answer them for me. Do you know what he was doing near the construction sight? Was it somewhere he went past often? Some patients, after having undergone trauma or having a bad reaction to sedatives, can undergo temporary memory loss. In these cases they tend to not realize that they have been injured, and proceed to either try to finish what ever task they left off or go about their daily routine. Often with great haste, under the assumption they are running late. So anything you could tell us would be a big help."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2018, 09:17:26 am »

Dr.West speaks with not-entirely feigned empathy, "I realize you are hardly in the mood to answer questions, but it may help us discover him faster if you could answer them for me. Do you know what he was doing near the construction sight? Was it somewhere he went past often? Some patients, after having undergone trauma or having a bad reaction to sedatives, can undergo temporary memory loss. In these cases they tend to not realize that they have been injured, and proceed to either try to finish what ever task they left off or go about their daily routine. Often with great haste, under the assumption they are running late. So anything you could tell us would be a big help."

“He... he didn’t go to the site often. Just... just with friends sometimes. I think... I think he was skipping school. Maybe he was... he was hiding there? To avoid being seen skipping his classes?”

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2018, 11:29:46 pm »

“He... he didn’t go to the site often. Just... just with friends sometimes. I think... I think he was skipping school. Maybe he was... he was hiding there? To avoid being seen skipping his classes?”

"Do you have the name and contact information of these friends?"

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2018, 02:46:06 pm »

“I can never... never keep track of his friends. Just the boys... the boys from school, you know? You don’t think they had anything to do with this, yo you?”

Off down the hall, beyond the two rooms, the sounds of swearing and cussing start to eminate. The voice is not very clear, but it sounds very annoyed.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2018, 02:50:42 pm »

???
Check where swearing is occurring.

I have no idea what I’m doing. :|
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2018, 03:09:30 pm »

“I can never... never keep track of his friends. Just the boys... the boys from school, you know? You don’t think they had anything to do with this, yo you?”

"That is unlikely. However, they probably saw what had happened and he is likely to seek out his friends even in his current state. If any live close to the hospital, it might be the first place he would go."

Dr. West casually looks through the Get Well Soon cards while speaking, looking for any names that look like they belong to the stated friends, or a teacher who would likely be able to provide the necessary information.

((WELCOME TO MY LIFE!))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2018, 03:16:14 pm »

???
Check where swearing is occurring.

I'll accompany you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6