Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Elder Signs (IC)  (Read 5731 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Signs (IC)
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 06:53:55 pm »

As soon as I reach a nice, secluded corner, I'm going to try making a device that will hopefully help with tracking or something.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 07:49:25 pm »

Will sets his jaw, thinking for a moment. "This Arthur, he wouldn't happen to be Arthur West?" he asks, cocking an eyebrow at the man.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2018, 08:02:14 pm »

Will sets his jaw, thinking for a moment. "This Arthur, he wouldn't happen to be Arthur West?" he asks, cocking an eyebrow at the man.

“Um, yes. Yes actually. How, ah, did you know? That, ah, it was Arthur West?”
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2018, 08:35:55 pm »

"Ah, let me back up." Will pulls his CDC ID from his pocket and shows it to the orderly. "I'm Doctor Alexander Love, CDC. We heard about the unusual strain of bacteria Mr. West and the boy- Justin, if I recall  -had contracted. As you can understand, we're quite motivated to help, but we're gonna need to know a few things first." He pockets the ID again. "Do you know if Mr. West or Justin live in town, or have any family they might go to that live nearby?"

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2018, 08:44:22 pm »

JJ keeps an eye out while Will talks to the orderly.  He was never any good at words, anyways.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2018, 12:38:06 am »

"I am sure they could not have gotten far in their condition, and a good Samaritan will report them in due time. I'm Dr. Tessa Strange, a colleague to the good doctor here. We were told you have a sample of their peculiar disease, if I recall correctly. I would certainly like to study it soon if that is the case, it may explain their strange behavior. Would you mind a walk and talk to the lab, while you answer Dr. Love's questions?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2018, 12:55:03 pm »

"Ah, let me back up." Will pulls his CDC ID from his pocket and shows it to the orderly. "I'm Doctor Alexander Love, CDC. We heard about the unusual strain of bacteria Mr. West and the boy- Justin, if I recall  -had contracted. As you can understand, we're quite motivated to help, but we're gonna need to know a few things first." He pockets the ID again. "Do you know if Mr. West or Justin live in town, or have any family they might go to that live nearby?"
"I am sure they could not have gotten far in their condition, and a good Samaritan will report them in due time. I'm Dr. Tessa Strange, a colleague to the good doctor here. We were told you have a sample of their peculiar disease, if I recall correctly. I would certainly like to study it soon if that is the case, it may explain their strange behavior. Would you mind a walk and talk to the lab, while you answer Dr. Love's questions?"

“Yes. Yes, ah, of course. CDC you say? I... yes. I, um, don’t have access to the records or the labs, you see. I am not a, ah, doctor, just an orderly. But if you are from the CDC, I’m sure they’ll let you in. Yes.”

He lets out another spurt of nervous laughter.

“This is, ah, quite the fast response time. Why, the two patients were just brought in yesterday! Glad to, ah, know the government is so, ah, diligent about these things. Just, ah, follow me, follow me. I can, um, take you to the director. The director of the hospital! She can help you, yes.”

Not yet, doesn’t mean we can’t start trying to now.
Get to searching.

[INT: 3 (Success)]

A quick once-over of the hospital grounds doesn’t reveal anything of note. No trampled grass, no ripped bits of hospital gown, no broken windows, nothing. If the missing patients left the hospital grounds, they were very discreet about it.

((Are the rest of y’all still planning on going to the local government?))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2018, 01:04:05 pm »

If the missing patients left the hospital grounds, they were very discreet about it.
Goddamned crossdimensional escapes/abductions.

Tracking device. Make it.
Hopefully.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2018, 06:15:27 pm »

((Well, I'm not.))

"Mm. Well, at the CDC we don't like to waste time. Let's meet this director of yours." says Will. When the orderly turns his back, he looks back at Dr. West, to the orderly again, and then back to her. He makes a mildly inquisitive face, expressing his suspicion of their guide.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2018, 06:22:10 pm »

((Are the rest of y’all still planning on going to the local government?))
((Not particularly, unless the other guy is still going and needs someone to provide CHA support.))

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2018, 08:56:17 am »

If the missing patients left the hospital grounds, they were very discreet about it.
Goddamned crossdimensional escapes/abductions.

Tracking device. Make it.
Hopefully.

Well, first of all you're gonna need something to make it out of, and how you're gonna get those parts. A tracking device made out of decent parts is gonna work a lot better than a tracking device made out of, say, bullets.

((Well, I'm not.))

"Mm. Well, at the CDC we don't like to waste time. Let's meet this director of yours." says Will. When the orderly turns his back, he looks back at Dr. West, to the orderly again, and then back to her. He makes a mildly inquisitive face, expressing his suspicion of their guide.

"Yes. Yes!"

The orderly immediately turns around and starts walking towards the entrance of the hospital, occasionally looking backwards to check if you're all still. following him.

The inside of the hospital is, in a word, chaos. Doctors, nurses, and orderlies all running around, all desperately searching for the two missing patients. The orderly adeptly dips and weaves through the crowd, slowly but surely making his way towards an unmarked door on the far side of the reception area. Once the group arrives at the door, he glances around before quickly opening it up to reveal a small office.

The office is almost entirely taken up by filing cabinets and a large wooden desk, behind which sits a middle-aged woman furiously scribbling at a piece of paper. The woman, who you assume is the director, wears short-cropped hair and a green sweater under a green-and-white coat. A few seconds after the door opens, she quickly glances up towards the open door with a look of supreme annoyance on her face. "Teufelscheisse! What is it zis time?"

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2018, 06:05:30 pm »

Will gives a respectful nod to the director and says, "Morning, ma'am. I'm Dr. Love and this is my associate, Dr. Strange. We're from the CDC, and we're here to help with your... Current predicament." He pulls his ID out and shows it to the director. "We'd like to look at any and all files you have on the two patients to try and narrow down the search area."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2018, 04:43:45 pm »

Will gives a respectful nod to the director and says, "Morning, ma'am. I'm Dr. Love and this is my associate, Dr. Strange. We're from the CDC, and we're here to help with your... Current predicament." He pulls his ID out and shows it to the director. "We'd like to look at any and all files you have on the two patients to try and narrow down the search area."

The director narrows her eyes at you before grabbing your ID, grumbling in German as she gives it a once-over.

"Dr. Strange, Dr. Love, it is a pleasure. I am Dr. Vahlen, and as you already know I am ze director of zis hospital. It is little bit strange zat you have showed up so soon. Normally I vould ask for ze paperwork, but..."

She grimaces.

"Ze 'predicament' as you put it, it is getting out of hand. Unfortunately, I cannot get you ze patient files. I am told zat ze database where we keep ze patient records has been damaged. Maintenance says zat it looks like someone went to ze computers vith a hammer. But I can tell you anything I know about ze two patients, or have you talk to ze doctors who were overseeing their cases."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2018, 04:56:22 pm »

I am Dr. Vahlen...
Are we seriously doing this right now :p

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2018, 05:16:36 pm »

I am Dr. Vahlen...
Are we seriously doing this right now :p
I like references. So sue me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6