Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Elder Signs (IC)  (Read 5738 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Signs (IC)
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 03:58:35 am »

Well, there's an infinity of possible questions that might be helpful, but unless we have infinite time to waste I guess we should head out.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 12:19:10 pm »

"Right. Let's get moving."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 01:20:24 pm »

"I agree. As we said, time is of the essence."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 01:33:14 pm »

Ok.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 09:29:17 pm »

((Sorry for the delay. Just wanted to make sure everyone was ready. Future updates’ll come much faster, I promise.))

Seeing that everyone is done with questions, the old man grunts again.

”Good. The car’s in the back, it’s the brown Bronco. Guns are located in a panel in the trunk.”

With that, you all are ushered out of the room, envelope in hand...

Several hours later

Though situated in New Jersey, Hatchwick is essentially what pops into the mind when you think "Midwestern Town". It has a main street that curves like a bow without a string, and branches off in several different directions. Northward, you have Bray Road, with the highway office on one side, and a construction site on the other. Going westwards is the downtown, filled with all sorts of small businesses and tourist traps. The town itself seems to be attempting to grow, but such plans are being nullified by the sheer mediocrity of the place.

The hospital itself is fairly nondescript, a bland beige building situated in a lot all to itself. From the outside, the whole building seems to be bustling with frantic activity, doctors and nurses scrambling to and fro. The air buzzes with a frenzied, panicked chaos. This is the state of the hospital as one particularly inconspicuous brown car pulls into the driveway.

((It’s go time people. The investigation begins now.))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 12:01:33 am »

Will steps out of the car and takes a couple moments to stretch his limbs. "Alright folks, game faces." he says in a stage whisper. "Let's see if we can't find who's running this circus." He jerks a thumb at the hubbub occurring outside the hospital. "Though, we might want to send a few people downtown to talk to the local authorities, see if they know anything about the initial attack. What do you all think?"

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 12:14:11 am »

"I'll take care of that.  I am quite the charmer, if I do say so myself," said JJ, with four of his points in charisma shining bright and eager.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 06:22:46 am »

:|
This is going to go to hell within a couple hours, isn’t it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 07:49:09 am »

If we're going to split up, it ought at least be into pairs. I'm willing to go meet with the local authorities as well, unless you expect to encounter obtuse acute angles in a downtown family hospital.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2018, 11:54:35 am »

Dr. West steps out of the car last, adjusting her glasses as she looks around the area. "I would prefer to see the patient. I am a doctor after all, if not a medicinal one. If there is anything strange going on I'll find it."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2018, 04:01:24 pm »

"Right. Dr. West and I can investigate the hospital, Agents Lewis and Orlund will touch base with the police. Agent Silvers, if you're not feeling too confident in their abilities you're welcome to follow them, or you can come with us into the hospital. Your call."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 04:37:24 pm »

As you are all having this conversation, out of the corner of your eye you see a hospital orderly barreling out the front door straight for you! He looks to be in a great deal of panic, and as he starts shouting towards your direction it is clear that he is almost completely out of breath.

"Sirs! Miss! I am terribly sorry to intrude, but we're having a bit of an, um, situation going on right now. Have any of you by chance seen a youngish boy or middle-aged man somewhere around here? They'd be dressed in, ah, blue or green hospital gowns."

His eyes shift to and fro nervously, and he starts wringing his hands as he comes to a stop in front of you all.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 04:41:30 pm »

Not yet, doesn’t mean we can’t start trying to now.
Get to searching.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 05:14:00 pm »

"I would think the hospital security would keep an eye on the door and notice something like that," JJ points out with a frown.  "How long has he been missing?"

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 06:33:40 pm »

"I would think the hospital security would keep an eye on the door and notice something like that," JJ points out with a frown.  "How long has he been missing?"

"We, ah, are not entirely sure when the man or boy went missing. The man, fellow by the name of Arthur, was resting in his room, but when a nurse came to check on him fifteen minutes ago he had, um, completely vanished. Same thing for the boy. I, ah, was not asking if you had seen them by the door but, well, on your way here. It is, ah, as if they had vanished into thin air!"

The orderly lets out a little bit of quavering, nervous laughter and looks to the ground.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 06:41:53 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6