Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Altera Vita Academy, OOC thread  (Read 25128 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Altera Vita Academy, OOC thread
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2018, 12:02:47 am »

Could I get a refresher on the functions built into the bracelets?

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2018, 07:27:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toby failed to do anything useful, and in fact fucked himself over a fair amount. Oh well.
and the Exposed trait (-2 Stealth) for two turns)!
and the Enfeebled (-4 Endurance) for two turns!

Fuck. Could be worse I guess. Maybe i'll survive for two turns! Or maybe one of those turns was used in the Melissa encounter!
A man can dream, anyways. Welcome to fucking boatmurde- Altera Vita Academy.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2018, 07:32:36 am »

Y'know what, silver lining and all. I wasn't expecting to succeed necessarily (I just was hoping not to have a semi-critical failure) and at least I'm practically certain to complete it next progress action.

Also I feel that the Melissa encounter, if it counts as a turn, should count as one of my debuff turns, since none of my debuffs (as far as I know) would have changed the results of the turn. That is to say, since I theoretically did my progress actions before that event.
I'll stop whingeing now.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2018, 08:01:35 am »

Yes, you're going to have to deal with having only 21 more stat points than my guy, instead of 27.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:13:28 am by Devastator »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2018, 08:05:54 am »

Yeah I realized halfway through typing that I didn't have any real reason to complain, the debuffs will wear off soon enough, and I did get 80% progress on 2 of my actions.
And I'm not Lemmy.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2018, 08:06:37 am »

Oh yeah, and (as far as I can tell) I'm not in Connecticut. As long as I'm not in Connecticut, things could always get worse.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2018, 08:16:18 am »

Besides, if you're hard up, you can always go back to base via teleport and finish something up or make something new.

I might be doing something like that, although with this level of disorganization, there should be significant gains to be made helping even three or four people work together instead of just making stuff.

Also, don't pity Lemmy.  One thing to remember to help with out of the box thinking is that there is no strength which is not a weakness and no weakness that is not a strength.  I'll be fine.  This situation seems fucked up in a way that leaves lots of room to improve it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:22:02 am by Devastator »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2018, 08:18:20 am »

Aye. As soon as you posted your action I was like 'Oh right, there's no standard gear, which means I need to make a spotting device myself.'
Bad habit of mine, assuming that if there's magic, then modern tech isn't allowed.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:24:41 am by Redjive_Industries »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2018, 08:27:27 am »

Eh, you have the option of levelling up your Per.  I'm doing spotting for my own reasons.  Mostly because since we've arrived, nobody has said one word about the Contorted other than that they're ugly and don't like you.  Hooking up with someone doing spotting will add the potential to do something useful to others at the same time as I do something useful for myself... not that I have the stats to actually succeed in doing something useful, but even a failure will tell me the right questions to ask.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2018, 08:32:40 am »

Still, IRL I am a firm believer in the idea of having technology assist me in doing things I myself cannot yet do. I shall join you in your search for binos. Maybe we'll get lucky and find a rangefinder. Also the combo of binos and high perception will probably be useful.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2018, 08:35:14 am »

I don't want binos.  I'm not looking for binos.  I'm looking for a person.

I want someone who can tell me where I should be so my personal goal can contribute towards a group effort.  In this case it's scouting, because that'll lead to me either learning something or knowing a question to ask.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:37:23 am by Devastator »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2018, 08:38:27 am »

Why go back and make it when I can just loot it/borrow it? On the off chance that it's here of course.
Besides, I want to fight and probably die horribly at least once before I RTB and start learning from my mistakes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2018, 08:41:11 am »

Edited my post there.

Do what you like, but I'm not on any quest for binos.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2018, 10:04:35 am »

Could I get a refresher on the functions built into the bracelets?

They are used for communication and can track your locator so that others can find you and/or respawn at your location.

Y'know what, silver lining and all. I wasn't expecting to succeed necessarily (I just was hoping not to have a semi-critical failure) and at least I'm practically certain to complete it next progress action.

Also I feel that the Melissa encounter, if it counts as a turn, should count as one of my debuff turns, since none of my debuffs (as far as I know) would have changed the results of the turn. That is to say, since I theoretically did my progress actions before that event.
I'll stop whingeing now.

The debuffs/buffs tick down per Aetherian day, which is a turn out of battle. They can still affect you while in the middle of battle as a battle can last seconds or minutes depending how un/lucky you are. Also, even with no debuffs to your Stealth, you would've still lost out to Melissa's Preception, [strike]It just too high![/strike] You are too fresh to resist her successfully.

Now I'm off to see what Contorted to throw your way...

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2018, 06:40:29 pm »

well time to die almost immediately likely as my plan consists of 'take hits to the face and hope your stupid high defense stat keeps you from dying (and from the enemy just treating you as terrain due to your shit attack and just running around you)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13