Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 63330 times)

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Geh.  Yes, that file host has a time limit on it.  DFFD doesn't like me, so I use what's available.  Actually, I ended up out on the s[personal shit redacted] for a while.  I'm guessing it is far too late to reupload the save?  *Hasn't gone through the thread yet*  Yeah, far too late, blast it. :(
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 11:21:24 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

Sweet! I've got more kills!
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Geh.  Yes, that file host has a time limit on it.  DFFD doesn't like me, so I use what's available.  Actually, I ended up out on the s[personal shit redacted] for a while.  I'm guessing it is far too late to reupload the save?  *Hasn't gone through the thread yet*  Yeah, far too late, blast it. :(

Yeah, it is a pity I didn't download your save immediately...
On the bright side, an alternative history of Bandithorses seems to be much more optimistic! Thanks to the new version.

I shall finish my turn no later than Monday or Tuesday.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

You know you could have just deposed and exiled him, right?

THAT IS NOT THE DWARVEN WAY

Granted, the dwarven way for me is to drop a golden statue of the victim being mutilated by a statue on their head, but this works too :D

It's fine! I didn't like being dead much anyway haha

We'll just accept this turn of events I think. Unless you guys wish otherwise?

Later I was told that the best warrior in that battle was 'Coattails' - he scored 37 kills by now, which is the best result in the fortress, which placed 'youngbab' to the second position with 34.

>:c

You're still by far the most badass dwarf here in my opinion, if it helps.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Sure he has more quantity of kills.
But who has better quality of kills?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not how big your kill list is, it's how you killed them

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, youngbob killed the bronze colossus, so I guess I must apologize to him and give the top position back.

----------------------------------------

Tantrums and depressions continue to spread...

A dozen of dwarves are not able to work properly. Damned corpses of the elves is doing better job at harassing our fortress than the elves themselves! And we are not  filling dump pit fast enough - seems that amount of all kinds of jobs is too high, plus almost a half of the fotress is on duty. Which is good - military training will discipline them and prepare for the horrors of war. Maybe at some point we should start rotating dwarves, to give military training to all of them, even to a powerful crafters.

Coyote puppies! Unfortunately, coyotes are too stupid to be trainable for war... I consider butchering all of them. Maybe later though.

Man, our mayor again an elf... You know that I can do this trick as much as we need, right?

I hope this was the last one. Our new mayor finally a dwarf - what a relief.

Hey, hey! Da faq are you doing? I know it is hard time for ya, but that's not a reason... *sounds of intensive punches*

Ugh, what a mess. I hope I didn't injured the guy too badly? He seems sick. Although every single dwarf in this fortress have sunshine sickness, so it is hard to tell.

Great, an engraver attacked the miner in a tantrum, and killed him.

Oh man, that's bad. Our baroness just met face-to-face one Disfigured soon after the thing crippled a carpenter!

Drop the goddamn minecart and RUUUUN. The cave guards will be in a second!

DerpyDev was rescued this time. A new evidence that cave guard outpost was a good idea.

Chaos continues. Lunardog15 - catched tantrum. SnowDwarf - oblivion. DerpyDev seems to be stressed as hell. Since the elven assault I have seen no signs of situation getting better. Dwarves are busy kicking the asses, being kicked in the ass, being depressed, reporting a crime... anything except doing jobs.

A pack of dingo dogs!

Pickachu18 and SpeciesUnknown are not in good mood to treat them politely.

A couple of dwarves are completely destroyed by melancholy. I guess it is good time to expand our graveyards - we almost run out of space there.

Hooray! Something good at last. Population of bunnies is growing!

No, oh. No.

I am afraid that our baroness has lost her mind from all that shit.

With this heartbreaking sight, the year comes to the end.

I had too much plans and many of them left unfinished. We made just 40 clear glass blocks, and considering all the troubles, I must admit that it can be a good plan to drop the idea of glass roof for the pasture; but I leave the decision to the future overseers.

I almost finished magma-fiilling chamber though.

The only thing left is to connect the lever to the green glass hatch cover; this is curently under operation, but to bring those iron mechanisms from the upper levels takes eternity. When it is done, you can use this as follows. Close the door, manually fill the chamber (with two iron minecarts) with magma, then pull the lever to dump magma back. After that, manually transport the minecarts with magma where you need them. I planned first to drop the magma into the corpses pit; later we can think of magma smelters and forges. 

Good luck, friends, you will need it!

I shall concentrate on archery practicing once again...

-------------------------

SAVE
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 06:51:25 pm by hun »

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

What is a disfigured one?

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aaaaaaaand I'm at suicide levels of depression. Again. Talk about inconvenience, amiright?

What is a disfigured one?

Not entirely sure, but I know it's from that cavern mod we got here.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Here's an in-game description of a disfigured - they're servile, mutated humanoids. I noticed a sightless was spotted earlier - here's their description as well.
I'm away for vacation for now so I won't be posting mod updates anytime soon, however everything from this pack would still work even on newer versions.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Having finally read everything, I gotta say I'm finding this amusing. Considering it'll be a long time coming I imagine, I'll take a human (or anyone else who can use one) packing a two-handed sword if you hire a suitable mercenary and the humans bring a bronze or iron one. Should these conditions be met down the line I might even take a turn assuming they don't get murdered by an enraged farmer or something down the line. :P

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like it's my turn again! I'll get started today.

Also, if we end up finding a human I'll be sure to dorf you Splint.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

Disfigured sound kinda like necromorphs.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, Youngbab? Update please?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

@hun on 9th July:

A dead, rotting, naked elf is even more unsightly than a live, naked one.

It makes some sort of sense.

You will only have dwarven mayors if you kill everyone who isn't a dwarf. Though if you do this, you'll have to send a dwarf in the sun and rain to cut wood.

However, to echo earlier thought, the dead are very peaceful.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28