Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 63309 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

So, should I keep going with the fort until it's dead? Or write up an epilogue now and move on to the next fort?

RIDE THIS PONY TILL IT CAN BE RIDDEN NO LONGER

THEN BURN IT DOWN

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's fight as long as we have chance to get new migrants and recover.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

I say we send everyone out stressed to attempt to raze our enemies. Death of ourselves or the enemy's.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Beware that course of action - people you expect to royally cock up an operation may keep coming back over and over again or survive in spite of dropping the ball and getting caught.

Even if you sent them to die to start with.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Then send them again. If you want them forever gone, just send them to conquer.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okie dokie, turn should be up either later today or tomorrow.

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOC in spoiler.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Log 2
The Final Days

The fort is on its last legs, and I'm nearly certain that there's no way to salvage it. People are dying and going mad left and right, most of our founding members have keeled over, and many of our defenses have been toppled. So, after a short conversation with the other nobles, I've wrote up a plan to get everyone out of this place alive. Here's the debrief:

First, I'll be putting everyone I possibly can in the military. Anyone with children will be undrafted and sent to Latherwaters, the human settlement that recently linked itself to us.

Once everyone has been set up, I'll take myself and all of the others and occupy it. There may be a few people that have to be left behind, but for the most part, all of Bandithorses will have been evacuated. Now, you may be asking: "Why not just abandon the place and be done with it?". The answer to that question is fairly simple. The spirit of Bandithorses is our knack for pillagings and quiet raids against our enemies. Most here live for blood and theft, so why not go out doing what we love?

With that out of the way, I suppose I should start putting this plan into motion. Before I do though, I'd like to show off the fortress, at its last days. To remember it by, I suppose.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright, now let's get down to business.

By my calculations, around 40 or so dwarves are already enlisted into the military. That's almost half our fortress. Those trained forty will come along with me and the other refugees. The only who won't be drafted are our wounded. They'll be "expelled" to the human settlement. I've compiled a list of them, that can be read here:

That's the lot of them. Quite a few are our important dwarves, sadly. I'll be expelling them immediately. I figure a few of their relatives will want to tag along as well, so fare thee well I say to them.

I ordered my men to rally up everyone as I jotted down the above list. Everyone has been put into their squads and is ready to head out.

Quite the entourage, wouldn't you agree? Together with myself and our trained fighters, we'll march on elven and soil and conquer it in the name of Bandithorses. But where to go?

Hm. I think I have an idea. Why not come full circle and take over one of the first places we ever raided? Clinchurns, the tomb up north. A little bit of downgrade as far as housing goes, but why not? One of our own decided to take up residence there, so I suppose it can't be too bad.

It's decided then! We march for Clinchurns!

The first of our men are heading ou-

Seriously?!

It's too late to stop, I suppose. Many of our commanders are too far to command. Run for Clinchurns!

Didn't I say run? sigh There's not much I can do for them other than wish them luck.

Oh how much I wish they listened to me.

What is with caravans and timing? Maybe they can lend a sword and fight with us to make up for their own poor planning.

This is quite the disaster. It's absolute madness up there. Most of the people fighting were part of our evacuation squad. The few in yellow are our speardwarves. Hopefully they can dispatch of these elves.

Huh. It looks like they did. There's only 8 people listed as "other", and none of them are filthy elves. Fantastic. Our dwarves are back to clearing off the map. Many are having mental breakdowns as they leave though, so this may take some time.

: )

The dwarves have sent us a report of the battle that took place there:

It seems all went-
Oh. Well, that wasn't the plan. I guess he got in the way. May he rest in pieces.

I suppose I should take a look at the fortress before I close things off for good.

There's only one adult, and a handful of children, none of which can be expelled. Which... Leaves me no choice for the fort other than:

Not the end I envisioned, but, I have no other choice. It's been quite the adventure here, and it is of course a shame to see it go. All goods things come to end though, I suppose, and now it's time to say farewell.
Goodbye Bandithorses!

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile

RIP
so is it time for the age of humans to begin?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:11:52 pm by deathpunch578 »
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So if we do this again, are we continuing in this thread or making a new one?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves
« Reply #369 on: August 01, 2018, 03:50:42 am »

Bye bandithorses. The downfall was 44.10 update, really.

Still, an army of 82 is something.

Ahahahaha. Ambushed while attacking. Well, good thing the army is already ready to fight.

And a caravan too?

"Lets visit bandithorses", they said. While they're panickly packing their bags.

Almost wish you could have succumbed to invasion, had the timing been a little different, but this will have to do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 01, 2018, 04:45:54 am »

You abandoned me with a bunch of random kids, that's basically the worst thing that could happen to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 05, 2018, 01:48:53 am »

Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been a bit distracted lately.

But yeah. RIP.

I'm not gonna be able to really do anything here for a short bit because of Hector. Sorry!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 10, 2018, 12:19:29 pm »

All right, I've returned!

I'd rather not start another fort immediately. My schedule's a bit crammed right now.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 10, 2018, 01:35:43 pm »

So, what is the gimmick of the next fort going to be?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 10, 2018, 03:51:44 pm »

I return, and this time in an actual flat instead of a flaming pile!

... Blimey this fort went to shit.

So, we had no traps, no forging, raiding-focused...  "No tree-cutting" seems too easy.  What about an exclusively-surface fort?  No digging whatsoever - all metal, stone, coal, and gems must be stolen or bought?
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28