Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wiping out Civs  (Read 2239 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiping out Civs
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 05:12:46 pm »

I wonder how much closer we are to the promised hill and deep dwarves Toady started talking about years ago.
I take it you haven't read the new dev notes which came out last week.  ;)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 08:47:35 pm »

Just did. That is a wonderful pre-magic list. That being said, it did say Candidates. Not "To Do List." It's still a good question which ones he'll finish before moving on to the big release cycle.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 10:56:37 pm »

Just did. That is a wonderful pre-magic list. That being said, it did say Candidates. Not "To Do List." It's still a good question which ones he'll finish before moving on to the big release cycle.
I imagine it depends on what bugs will occur that need to be cleaned up. There's a deadline which only Toady knows, so whatever he can get done in that time (6 months in previous releases, but this time seems a bit more ambitious so perhaps a little more).

That said, armies require hill dwarves and armies is the aim (bay12 report) so I expect they'll be around in some form.

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 04:14:54 pm »

Thanks for the replies. Looks like it’s sort possible then :P. Also is there a way to know if a civ has a good chance of winning a war? Does the population count help? How does a civ determine when they should send an attack on another site?(not the players site)

pamelrabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 03:25:24 am »

The longer the history, the more populated the world (usually). If you generate a world and play the firstborns, thepops should be in the hundreds, not the tens of thousands.

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 12:39:45 pm »

Yeah, I've played big pop worlds before. Ones with 10 s of thousands in one Civ. All have less than 7000 right now though.
Pages: 1 [2]