Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wiping out Civs  (Read 2240 times)

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wiping out Civs
« on: March 08, 2018, 10:38:53 pm »

Is it possible to do this now?

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiping out Civs
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 11:02:35 pm »

I think next release it will be technically possible but unlikely. ALL members of a civ will defend their towns, and while your entire squad will fight, it'll be a tossup whether they win or not.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 12:35:39 am »

Somewhere towards the end of this release cycle, depending on how much of the stuff on the list gets done, you'll be able to raise real armies (and indeed, lead them in adventurer). Then you can destroy and take over the world as you like.

In the next release you'll only have your fortress dwarves for attack. At absolute max that's what, 200 dorfs vs a decent sized dark fortress of 10,000 goblins plus their pets and demon boss? Perhaps in full candy you'd get away with them surrendering after the demon goes down. Then on to the next fortress?

And there are risks in trying to equip 200 dorfs in full candy...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 12:48:56 am »

Abuse of the melting bug will net you lots of candy floss biscuits though. (shrug)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 01:44:25 am »

Abuse of the melting bug will net you lots of candy floss biscuits though. (shrug)
Well yeah. Would rather play the game. Sounds incredibly boring trying to destroy the world one dark pit at a time. Army arc is here, enjoy it as each update rolls in.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 02:17:55 am »

If you're into getting huge amount of candy you could hack the spires to reach the first cavern and increase the depth of the map.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 03:41:32 am »

Or just create_items it into existence.

Exploitation of the melting bug has ancillary positives though.  All the armor and weapons will be master quality, because you recycle the dregs.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 05:15:04 pm »

Melting adamantine has different rules. You get less than other metals. You can only duplicate it by breaking up stacks of coins or bolts.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 10:22:26 pm »

Just remove waffles from adamantine definition in inorganic txt file and with bars your 100 Dwarves army will be in full candy in just couple years. I advise making shields from candy too or artifact list will be filled with cheap leather and willow ones to your total outrage... grr...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 03:43:00 am »

I suggest setting all other civs to generate no sites. Or pops. In fact, if you edit the raws to ignore everything living except 1 dorf civ. You've won right from the start. Profit!

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 08:24:30 pm »

regarding this (partially), can you sent armies out without the game crashing as of now? I tried it with an old save, but I dont know if that is the reason it crashed or not.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 08:48:10 pm »

regarding this (partially), can you sent armies out without the game crashing as of now? I tried it with an old save, but I dont know if that is the reason it crashed or not.
There's a crash bug when dorfs steal certain things like barrels of booze, apparently. Fixed in next version (should be soon I imagine, crash bugs usually merit a small update  fairly quickly).

Having said that, am currently enjoying a 'raider fortress' and experienced one crash so far in about 10 raids. Just save before you send then out.

(And sending out armies doesnt exist yet, only raiding squads, Dwarf Fortress armies numbers in the hundreds, sometimes thousands - coming soon though).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:50:48 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 10:39:17 am »

I wonder how much closer we are to the promised hill and deep dwarves Toady started talking about years ago.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 01:38:07 pm »

Thanks a lot Shonai, you are, as always, a walking library for all things DF ;)

that's what, 200 dorfs vs a decent sized dark fortress of 10,000 goblins plus their pets and demon boss?

I imagine that would be quite a mission report! Dont forget though that I can send a horde of giant war lions with them if I get a breeding pair.

As for Wiping out civs, Its a shame that the tribut thingy works so weirdly. Like, I cant demand tributes and, if they refuse, pillage them until they accept if I understand the system correctly... otherwise that would be a lot more awesome then wiping them out ;)
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 02:19:52 pm »

You could try a decades-long war of attrition. 
Embark scores of military forts next to enemy sites, then retire immediately.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.
Pages: [1] 2